shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone made or ordered personalized votive candle holders for favors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I are thinking about doing votive candle holders with our names and the wedding date on them for favors. Has anyone ordered them online or made them or have any tips?

YSQueen

Rough_Rock
I haven't ordered any, but I honestly, from what I hear, most guests don't care for the personalized candle votives. Have you considered any other favor options?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2010 10:56:50 PM
Author: YSQueen
I haven''t ordered any, but I honestly, from what I hear, most guests don''t care for the personalized candle votives. Have you considered any other favor options?
Uh that was a bit harsh wasn''t it?

Hi Treasure

I used votive candles (200 of them!) and toyed with the idea of personalising them for favours as FI hadn''t done anything for his half of the favours (when he heard i was about to give his mates candles as gifts he got organised lol).

Are you planning on buying the candles and personalising them yourself or getting them ready made and sent to you? Having them made and sent to you would probably be easier but wouldn''t be as cost effective as a DIY project. (Only IMO, things in the US tend to be way cheaper than in OZ!)

Because i already had the candles (i think i paid about 60c a candle, including shipping from ebay) i thought of either having some stickers made up with our names and date on them that we could stick on ourselves or the other thing i was thinking was to get a stamp made up and stamp them with ink, the success of this would depend on the type of glass your votives are and how well the ink would stick. The other option would be to print up your names and date on some paper (maybe invite paper?) and the double sided sticky tape them to the votive candle, like a label. I liked the sticker idea though, i found a few places online that i could have them made and i think i looked at a few craft / stamp / card shops as well.

I really like the idea of the votive candle as a favour, i hope you can find a way to make it work for you!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering votives at one point, and I was going to have them made here :
http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/style/21-3/personalized-glassware/votive-candle-holders/

They looked like they were made well and I didn't want to try to do them myself (just because I'm a perfectionist and I know that I would be pretty upset if I put the stickers on crooked lol).
My fiance's cousin made her own, but for some reason the wording on the sticker she used didn't stay on at all.. so on the votives I saw (which were after the wedding... it was a dw and FI and I weren't able to attend) it would say things like "Chr & anie.. J ly th 20 9". instead of "Chris and Stephanie... July 24th, 2009". Plus the labels were rectangular and the votive holders were round so the label didn't sit flat... it was creased. Which would drive me crazy. lol.

But check out that discount mugs place.. my company uses them for promo stuff and they are pretty good. And most of the votives include candles! One stop shopping :)

ETA: When I was looking at discount mugs, you could choose from 10 diff color candles or so... i guess now you either get blue, pink or no candle
7.gif
boo!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I would love a votive as a favor and would definitely take mine home if it were plain, but I would not take one with someone''s name and wedding date on it. Have you considered just doing unlabeled votives as your favor?

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 1:54:46 PM
Author: purselover
I would love a votive as a favor and would definitely take mine home if it were plain, but I would not take one with someone''s name and wedding date on it. Have you considered just doing unlabeled votives as your favor?
I agree, completely. It''s just not something I would display in my home.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 2:25:20 PM
Author: lilyfoot

I agree, completely. It''s just not something I would display in my home.
I''m inclined to agree. Could you get them personalized perhaps with a motif instead? Is there a theme or style of decor from your wedding that you could perhaps use etching solution to put on the glasses? (I''m thinking leaves/flowers/flourishes/etc...perhaps something off your stationary???) It wouldn''t be too difficult with a stencil...or you might be able to find stickers with a similar shape and etch it in relief.

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
I came across this article on DIY votives and thought you might be interested. DIY Votive article

Also, I''m not a huge fan of "personalized" favors. I never know quite what to do with it when I get home and I always feel guilty. I love the votive idea though and I agree with the previous poster. Maybe you can personalize it in some other way.

BUT...remember. This is YOUR wedding.
2.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t ordered votive holders, but I did order custom pint glasses. My only tip is to search around - different websites will offer very different prices, so do your homework. Also, using only one color of ink is far cheaper than using more.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

FI and I decided we didn''t want to spend a ton of money on something that most people won''t even use. So we''re donating some money to the American Brain Tumor Society (my dad died of a brain tumor when I was 13) and one of my friends who called off her wedding has some bubbles and candy boxes she said we could have so we''re just going to use those!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

I agree with this as well

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 7:22:27 PM
Author: Treasure43
Thanks for all the advice everyone!

FI and I decided we didn''t want to spend a ton of money on something that most people won''t even use. So we''re donating some money to the American Brain Tumor Society (my dad died of a brain tumor when I was 13) and one of my friends who called off her wedding has some bubbles and candy boxes she said we could have so we''re just going to use those!

whoops - I didn''t see this! I support your charity completely - my dad has had two brain tumours - thankfully neither has been fatal, but he has suffered (and continues to suffer) a lot. I''m sorry for the loss of your dad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results