shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of the brazilan diet ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
Emagrace sim or bellisima ?

They are pretty strong and they say you can lose 7 pound in one week on them. Has anyone tried them before?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Most people who hang out in this forum would tell you trying such diets is not the way to go if you''re looking to lose weight long term. It''s all about healthy eating and exercise which = results over time. This probably isn''t what you wanted to hear, butI just thought I''d throw it out there.

As for the specific diet you mentioned I don''t know anything about it. Typically diets that promise you''ll lose a large amount of weight in one week help you lose water weight, which is gained back quickly, 1-2 pounds a week is considered healthy/normal weight loss.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Hi blissfulbride

As a veteran of every diet known to man and woman; let me share a very special secret that has enabled me to lose nearly 40 pounds in six months. Eat everything you want; but calorie count everything and move more! I am so sorry that it is so boring, but in my humble experience it is the only way. I have been fighting with my weight for 20 years, cutting out specific foods and doing fad diets and this is the only thing that has truly worked. I eat all the food I love, but I eat more of some things than others and I make sure I move (exercise) everyday. This consists mostly of stuff that I can incorporate into my everyday life; such as dog walking, riding. I have just started to do some really basic running to help my move my last 14 - 21 lbs

that said everyone should do whatever works for them. Good luck

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 9:56:47 AM
Author:blissfulbride
Emagrace sim or bellisima ?

They are pretty strong and they say you can lose 7 pound in one week on them. Has anyone tried them before?
that just sounds super-scary to me!

Why not join us over in the Healthy Lifestyle thread? Motiviation and support from others goes WAY further than any pill.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I googled it, and it seems expensive. They also were the subject of an FDA warning 2 years ago and caused people to fail drug tests.

I'd take the $100 that one set of pills costs (and I think you need to buy two different sets) and join the gym, buy some home workout equipment, or go on a shopping spree to the grocery store and stock up on healthy foods.

I know that on the Biggest Loser people lose 7 pounds or even 20-30 pounds in one week, but they are going through an intense bootcamp overseen by professionals and they went into the experience with a lot more than that to lose. From your picture, you don't look like you qualify for the Biggest Loser
1.gif
so I'm thinking 7 pounds in one week is not a realistic (read: healthy) goal for you.

What are you current eating/workout habits like?

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
Well today I decide to go to the gym. I went on the treadmill for 45 minutes and burned 250 calories. It feels good to be back. I recently let myself go, and put on 10 pounds. ( I already bought my dress in a size 10 before the weight gain, and now im panicing) I do still have 8 months till the wedding but I cant stand the site of myself. I dont even want to got out with my fiance because im embrassed about the way I look. So im looking for anything to help me feel better about myself. Im in hell right now, and I cant even go to the beach because i feel gross. My 27th birthday is august 27 and I want to look fantastic. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks 3 years ago on the special k diet, but im not to sure if thats the diet i want to do. When I saw the pills i want it to fix me .
face14.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Again, it''s a mind shift. Pills can''t "fix" you, only you can change things through a conscious effort to eat less and move more. I lost a significant amount of weight using WW, which I then modified a bit because the program and meetings didn''t/don''t suit me and then maintained and lost 10 more pounds through calorie counting and exercise. I am the same weight at just shy of 31 as I was my senior year in high school, because I put the work in. I do not mean to sound preachy, I just know how nice it would be to pop a pill and not have to work at it, but that''s not the reality if being healthy, and it''s not just about weight it''s about caring for your insides. Explore what motivates and inspires you (your wedding, a new pair of shoes, etc) and use those as tools to help you succeed. Best of luck!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
NO!!!

Read my other thread under the 500 calorie a day...

I 110% advise you not to do this! I am in pharmacy school & looking at the ingredients in these pills scares me!

The most terrifying this in the amphetamines. I''m sure you''ve heard of "meth" ... this is short for methamphetamine, and is a VERY addicting substance.

Amphetamines are ILLEGAL in the US. If you get drug tested, and test positive, you may be subject to punishment by the government! They are illegal for a reason. Other than performance enhancement, they cause an increase in your blood pressure and heart rate. (which will also increase your metabolism which is the basis behind weight loss).

If you heart rate gets too fast, you will be jittery & shaky and you''ll start to breathe harder and faster. If the rate get too high, it can can a cardiac arrhythmia! This is when the rhythm of your heart gets out of control. If bad enough, it can cause your heart to STOP and you will die if you are not taken to an ER immediately!

Amphetamines cause your blood pressure to sky rocket too. They cause your blood vessels to constrict, and this (in combination with a high heart rate) causes blood pressure to go up. If you blood pressure gets too high, you may start to experience end organ damage. This can affect a number of organs, causing anything from kidney failure to blindness. Also, it can lead to increased blood pressure in your brain. If the delicate vessels in your brain burst, you will have a stroke. This can lead to paralysis and death.

These pills also contain fluoxetine- the active ingredient in the antidepressent, Prozac. There are black box warnings mandated by the FDA about antidepressants. They can cause an increase in suicidal thinking and patients on antidepressants should be monitored very closely by a doctor. If you''re already "depressed" about your rate, this could cause your thinking to spin out of control and lead to a suicide.

Please don''t waste your money on these pills. They are illegal and VERY dangerous.

Would you consider investing that money into a program like LA Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, or Weight Watchers? There also may be a metabolic weight loss center in your area where you can work safely with a health care professional!

There is not a quick fix to losing weight and pills are among the least safe to use!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 3:35:02 PM
Author: blissfulbride
Well today I decide to go to the gym. I went on the treadmill for 45 minutes and burned 250 calories. It feels good to be back. I recently let myself go, and put on 10 pounds. ( I already bought my dress in a size 10 before the weight gain, and now im panicing) I do still have 8 months till the wedding but I cant stand the site of myself. I dont even want to got out with my fiance because im embrassed about the way I look. So im looking for anything to help me feel better about myself. Im in hell right now, and I cant even go to the beach because i feel gross. My 27th birthday is august 27 and I want to look fantastic. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks 3 years ago on the special k diet, but im not to sure if thats the diet i want to do. When I saw the pills i want it to fix me .
face14.gif

Blissful - I''m going to tell you a few things here. Last year I gained 20 count em 20 lbs. I hated the way I looked, the way I felt, and the way people looked at me. I hated my lack of resistance to temptation. I had tried the South Beach diet a few times, and gained it all back every single time. I tried not eating and that didn''t work either. In January I started working out and making myself eat healthy meals and STOP all soda. I didn''t eat desserts except on rare occasions. Here is the thing with this. It has to become a lifestyle. I currently eat just as healthy, work out for an hour a day, and drink at least 6 bottles of water a day, 1 cup of green tea, and 1 cup of grapefruit juice. EVERY DAY. I combine cardio with sculpting. I have lost 25 lbs. Weight loss is not an overnight process, and it is not something you can do and then just sit. You have to make it your lifestyle. Here is the other thing, I am the happiest I have ever been. I am energetic, proud of myself, and I have goals for myself that I never had. I''ve also accomplished other goals I didn''t think I could. The first month, I only looked in the mirror to do my makeup, and waited for a point when I could see a change, and THEN I felt better.
Pills, fad diets, limiting your food intake, these things are NOT healthy. You will put yourself at risk, and that is a terrible thing to do for the sake of something you can have with just a little work. DO NOT start taking diet pills. DO NOT Starve yourself. EVER. Here are my suggestions:
Subscribe to Self Magazine
Get a book called Healing Foods
Invest in a guide to healthy eating
Speak with your doctor about a plan to lose the 10 lbs without pills, fads, trends, or extreme diets
Invest in some sneakers, weights, an exercise ball and some DVD''s
Join us in the healthy lifestyles forum
And be proud of the person that you are INSIDE and wait for the changes you''ll see OUTSIDE. You have 8 MONTHS girl!!! You can do that easy shmeesy. I''ve lost 25 in 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you ever want to talk, need inspiration, guidance, or just a push for oomph, please let me know. I am always happy to help a fellow goal setter! I''ve learned SO MUCH By just doing what I''ve done and doing some research, and learning about living a healthy lifestyle. You can do that too. Good luck girlfriend!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DragonFly, what a great post!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
8 months till the wedding is plenty of time to lose 10-15 pounds. DO NOT try to do that in a couple of weeks. Its just not healthy--side effects of losing weight that fast consist of: losing ones hair, skin, fertility, metabolic problems (slows your metabolism when you don't eat--I am sure you've heard this) and brittle nails and teeth...the list goes on and on--and you'll only likely gain it back...you will, really.

Losing 2-4lbs per month is the way to go, any health/nutrition/exercise expert will tell you that (1-2lbs/week is accurate for very overweight people). Also, gradually changing your eating/exercising habits allows you to get used to the new lifestyle, helping to prevent added weight gain.

Please think twice about taking drastic measures. I don't mean to sound like a nervous nellie, but its a sensitive subject for me. I was a dancer for many years and I can't tell you how many girls I knew (many friends of mine) that literally starved themselves--and worse. Where that leads is not somewhere you want to end up--the effects are not just physical, they can be psychological, and are many times far more drastic then many people let on.

Ditto to Dragonfly...she has the right approach and it works!! Good luck!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results