shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of Kolman Jewelers in Monroeville?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
My FI has had a very difficult time finding a wedding band that he liked and recently stopped by Kolman Jeweler''s in Monroeville and was able to find something. He didn''t want to get it right away because he wanted to do some more shopping but hasn''t found anything since. We live in Northern VA, which is about four hours away but I will be going up to the Pittsburgh area for a bridal shower this weekend and thought I should drop in and surprise him with it. I have never heard of them before and just wanted to know if anyone (or anyone you may know) has had any experiences with them before and if it was positive or negative. I looked on their website, which was poorly done, so I am not sure if that is an indication of anything.

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
what type of w-ring is he looking for?

i''m in northern virginia, too. :)

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
Hi Laurel!

He was looking for a simple band with a little bling :) I was going to surprise him with the ring he had looked at but he told me that he just bought the rings! Oh well, at least I tried :)

Where in NoVA are you? I also grew up in Woodbridge and went to WSHS

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
hii :)

i grew up in lake ridge. i went to gar-field for a year and a half but HATED HATED HATED it and transferred to west springfield high school. what year were you? im class of 2000 -- i''m young :)

i now live in lorton.. with darling fi. ;-)

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I grew up in Lake Ridge too (most people have heard of Woodbridge and not Lake Ridge)

Craziness! I graduated in 1999, only a year off. My ex went to Garfield, wonder if you knew him... Kellen McKinney-Forbes? He thought he was god''s gift to women

I live in Centreville

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
LOL LOL hilarious! no, i don''t know him -- because i transferred so early, i kind of don''t remember a bunch of people from there. :)

we''re in lorton. (did i already say that?)

we need a PS northern virginia get together. :)

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
I do not blame you at all for transferring out, I would have too! Believe it or not, that school has gotten worse!

We definitely need to have a PS get together. I tried to start it up but don''t think I did a good job...and with my wedding in 15 days (can you believe that??!!) I wouldn''t be able to meet up until afterwards. We should work on it together, you are probably way more tech savvy than I am :)

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
i doubt it on the tech savvy. mostly just "bored at work" savvy. as in, i have enough time to do anything because i like to play online. all day. yep.

FIFTEEN DAYS! that is so crazy@ you better get on that whole wedding ring thing lol

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
You are not the only one bored at work, I am dying! My bosses thought it would be better if they held off on the big projects until I got back from my wedding, lololol. So I am stuck doing the administrative stuff, just killing time until the day.

Just talked to the FI and he informed me that he just ordered the ring from Blue Nile, so much for surprising him!

How long have you been in Lorton? Do you like it? I think that''s one of the fastest growing areas in NoVa.

bobt

Rough_Rock
If you''re still looking for an answer...

Been away from the area for a good while, but as of about ten years ago, Kolmans was absolutely great. I''ve bought high-end watches, an engagement ring, wedding bands, and other assorted jewelry there. Always a good experience. Very friendly people - not snooty at all. Ask for Lenny or Armand if they''re still around.

olde

Rough_Rock
I hope this reaches you in time... I''m from the area and have known and dealt with Kolmans for years. They are quite reputable, deal on a very personal level, and have access to an excellent selection of precious stones... good luck!

BKlopfer

Rough_Rock
Hi -

Do not know if you received a message back from anyone regarding Kolman Jewelers in Pittsburgh but I wanted to say that I have been going to that Jewelry store since I was 15 and purchased a necklace for my girlfriend. They are the best and they have an ecclectic mix of items from very high end to not so high end. They also have things you can''t find anywhere else and are prompt with delivery. They do magnificent custom work and establishing a relationship with them has great benefits. I know I sound like a commercial but I am great friends with the family and this family owned business is fantastic - Michael Vesely has been with me through a dozen or so girlfriends, and two marriages and always remembers who, what, and where - and while I may not be a customer that he makes a lot of money from ( although I have spent plenty for the 27 years) he is continually saying the friendship over the long term is better than a short term transaction relationship - he is truely a friend and can get you almost anything you want at good prices -- they are happy to do business through the mail and by phone ( I live in Dallas and I do most of my shopping through them - they also supply plaques and coporate gift items for the company I work for) I hope your transaction went well if not they will listen to your complaint and make it right...

Regards,

BKlopfer

BKlopfer

Rough_Rock
Oh and one more thing - yes his website is bad - i am trying to help him fix it as i know it gives a sloppy impression -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results