shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of Chandni Jewelers from Amazon?

rabbit87

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have been searching for the "perfect" ring and I've come across this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Clarity/dp/B00BNDSNMK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=DLFN4ITP0AXT&coliid=I3H9FPTPNG6IY3&psc=1

I love it. Blue Nile carries a similar one, obviously almost $1200 more. So, Blue Nile does not carry it in cushion.

My main concern is that this company does not exist outside of Amazon. There are no reviews anywhere else. They also do not show certificates until the ring is purchased. They do have a 30 day return policy and their overall reviews are not terrible. They have a 4.5/5 within the last 12 month.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

BhavinJ

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'd never go for a diamond without looking at the certificate.

sakari_8

Shiny_Rock
Hi
The score they have is 4.5 which makes the company good to do business with however why would they not show the certificate
until you buy it? something which makes me feel company is not dealing transparently, as bhavinj mentioned I would also
not be comfortable buying unless company shows me the certificate and gives me explanation on why do they not show the
certificate.

There are several other online stores who carry same stuff, please check one of the store carry similar stuff below link:

http://www.b2cjewels.com/Diamond-Accent-Settings/Cushion-Halo-Engagement-Ring-14K-White-Gold-8946-1.aspx

You could select right certified stone along

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any store that will not show you the certificate before purchase is high risk. The reason for this is they can sell you a really badly cut diamond, a diamond impacted negatively by fluorescence, internal graining, a high coloured stone with a greenish grey body tint or undertone that they can't get rid of, and a whole large list of issues that the average person that buys from them is never going to understand. What this means effectively is you are going to get ripped blind by this vendor. If Blue Nile or anyone else is $1200.00 more for a certified stone ie you know exactly what you are getting before you buy it I would personally guarantee you are getting a better cut or generally better stone worth the extra money.

Buying a diamond without knowing the specs upfront is akin to driving at night blindfolded - it's a bad idea, don't do it.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of observations:
* They don't suggest that there is a GIA "certificate" available, even after purchase, for the center stone in the particular ring you linked
* A goodly number of their high feedback ratings are from customers who purchased one of their ring presentation boxes, priced at $6 -$8.50 -- not a diamond ring

sparky12

Rough_Rock
DO NOT PURCHASE FROM CHANDI JEWLERS FROM AMAZON. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE GIA CERTIFICATE OR REPORT. I am in the process of trying to hold them accountable for a $4500 ring I purchased which did not inclue a GIA certificate as advertised. SCAM

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Rabbit,

I’m curious what you found attractive in this ad. I rarely pick on people’s advertising and I never pick on their goods unless I’ve seen it but this is pretty far out there.

The photo? It’s not the ring they’re selling. At best it’s a sample and, in practice, it’s not even that. The stone is photoshopped on (there are no prongs in the picture). You can bet that isn’t the same stone.

The grading? Who graded it and using what scale? Some of those other specs look pretty suspect too, like the 1 inch width. Really? That’s pretty wide for a ring like that. Prongs? Not in the picture.

The price? There are few clues what the ‘list price’ means but given that they are the ones who set it and they aren’t actually trying to get it so it doesn’t really matter any way it goes.

Usually ships within 5 weeks. 5 WEEKS. They aren’t even committing to that, but it usually it works out. Not to worry, you’ve got 30 days to send it back if you’re unhappy. Hopefully that's 30 days from when you actually get it.

The ‘free’ box? Apparently a lot of other people are happy with theirs.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For what it is worth all of the fourteen diamonds I found that were cushion cuts of 0.95 to 0.98cts of the same color and clarity grade given with GIA reports, were well above the price shown on Amazon AT DEALER COST! (On the current Rap sheet inventory, stones in many different locations around the world.)

Take that with or without salt, but it goes hand in hand with what Neil said about "Who Graded It?"

Just my thoughts.

Wink

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This post is from 2013

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1427145336|3851462 said:
For what it is worth all of the fourteen diamonds I found that were cushion cuts of 0.95 to 0.98cts of the same color and clarity grade given with GIA reports, were well above the price shown on Amazon AT DEALER COST!

Wink
It claims to be a 0.70ct. in the ad. I don't actually really trust that any more than the rest of the grading but the 0.95 is claimed to be approximate total weight.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1427145637|3851465 said:
This post is from 2013
Well, at least they've got some staying power. That's a mark in their favor. Amazon is fairly picky about merchants and they can't be getting too many complaints. If they do, Amazon will kick them off of the site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results