shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had double knee replacement at the same time?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Myshinybestlife

@Asscherhalo_lover thank you. I also hope they fly.

I felt good enough just now to go outside and wash, screen and look through a couple of batches of my ore from Gem Mountain in Montana. That felt good. I found a couple of more tiny sapphires, but more importantly it broke the monotony of this recovery.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At 8 weeks you will be amazing! Hang in there! I think you are doing fantastic, especially for a double.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh the pain lol.

We are about to leave the greater New Orleans area (Our beloved saints lost— boo!!) and I’m in so much pain.

Oh but I needed this! I felt normal for the first time in a long time (since before surgery). We visited our neighbor, watched the game, charbroiled oysters etc. DH may have gotten lucky:cool2:

its an elevated WWII Gi bill house, so I went up and down 2 steps several times.
I just took 2 pain pills and switched my PT to tomorrow. I won’t be able to drive myself today.

things are looking up

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling today, @whitewave? Thinking of your knees and feeling pain free, cooling well wishes!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling today, @whitewave? Thinking of your knees and feeling pain free, cooling well wishes!

Welp. Lol. I overdid it in New Orleans (for sure) and came back with more pain and no ankles again.

so it’s taken all of this week to rewrite all of that and turn that around, so I promised my physical therapists that I would sit down, elevate and ice my knees all weekend.

I’m starting to get better sleep, but Wednesday night was rough. Overall, though, I would say I’m pushing forward.

I’m just bored and tired of this recovery business.

Thanks for keeping tabs on me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp. Lol. I overdid it in New Orleans (for sure) and came back with more pain and no ankles again.

so it’s taken all of this week to rewrite all of that and turn that around, so I promised my physical therapists that I would sit down, elevate and ice my knees all weekend.

I’m starting to get better sleep, but Wednesday night was rough. Overall, though, I would say I’m pushing forward.

All the time, my friend. :))

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@whitewave , time for another progress pic this weekend! Glad you’re (mostly) sleeping better at night. It makes all the difference. The Florida place looks fabulous! We will need some bling pics, so plan your jewelry wardrobe accordingly!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave , time for another progress pic this weekend! Glad you’re (mostly) sleeping better at night. It makes all the difference. The Florida place looks fabulous! We will need some bling pics, so plan your jewelry wardrobe accordingly!

We are all PSers in the end lol. I’m like “yah, I get to bring jewelry to the beach!”
Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are all PSers in the end lol. I’m like “yah, I get to bring jewelry to the beach!”
Lol

Umm yah, jewelry and the beach are the perfect combo IMO. :)

bubbalahgregmebythesea.png

Hang in there, you are doing great. One day at a time. Before you know it you will be better than ever. :appl:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm yah, jewelry and the beach are the perfect combo IMO. :)

bubbalahgregmebythesea.png

Hang in there, you are doing great. One day at a time. Before you know it you will be better than ever. :appl:

I’ve never brought my jewelry to the beach!

I had a better night and so far am having a better day today.

BTW, I’ll take progress pics later in the week. Im kinda scabby right now in places, so I’ll wait for those to go away.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So update:

My PTs think I have a little tendonitis by my left ankle (no doubt caused by my overdoing it). So I am to rest rest rest, elevate and ice again. The ice men do well, but they are really a giant PITA to get set up to use. It was much easier when the aids did it for me in the hospital, lol. (Thank you aides)

One son came back for the week. He took an incomplete in one class last sememster and has until mid February to turn his project it, but new classes start on Thursday, so he came back up here so I could light a fire under him to get it finished. So at least I have some help this week, and my granddog is back.... he brings me so much Joy (well, they both do lol).

In order to sleep well, I have learned I have to take a cocktail of drugs: a mirapex for my restless legs syndrome (therapists did say anecdotally that people do complain about an uptick in RLS after knee replacement), a vistaril (prescription like antihistamine) because I get itchy scratches from the healing scars releasing histamines and then my regular klonipin — I have diagnosed insomnia, though my doc put me through an online CBT class to learn how to manage it. It definitely helps, but I can’t really do it when I have all of these other things going on.

The drugs give me a hangover effect in the morning, so I move super slowly and have been sleeping about 12-14 hours a night. I’m not worrying about this too much right now since my job is still to rest and heal. Plus, what TF else am I to do? PT is my only social event of the week, 3x a week.

As an aside, a lady here I know who works with my husband sometimes had her surgery 3 days before mine, and she also had both of hers done by the same two surgeons I had. Let’s call her “Suz”. Suz had a late wound infection (she is big... a big and tall country lady with a farm aside from her job and everyone calls her “big Suz” (at her insistence) and she can’t sit still and does a million things during the week.

She had to go back into surgery and I don’t know all the details, but I think it wasn’t just a wound infection, but it traveled to her joint parts, so she had to have another big surgery.

I think she is doing ok now. I can’t imagine going through that again, so I am behaving and following instructions, though I absolutely get the desire to do things like weed my garden, etc. Kinda scary, as I think most infections tend to happen within a week or two of surgery....

So that is that. I’ll be 6 weeks post surgery tomorrow and am awaiting this magical next milestone of 8 weeks post surgery,

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers continue! hang in there!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers continue! hang in there!

Thanks, Karl.

————-

So my PT bent and stretched my legs on Wednesday. Got a 126 out of the right and a 116 out of the left. I had to cancel Thursday because of bad pain from that— back on pain meds.

Then this weekend... I don’t know why but I have slept like 30 hours. I guess I’m getting sick or something. Not sure why this is happening now, and I’m not on pain meds and didn’t take any of my nighttime cocktail either.

I literally slept all day and night Saturday..l was up maybe maybe 3 hours total.

I’ve been up about a total of 4 hours today and while I managed to get a shower in, I’m about to go back to bed.

Thank goodness my daughter is here to help as DH is on call this weekend and it’s been bad for him, (well, bad for his patients).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you a speedy recovery @whitewave !

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my PT bent and stretched my legs on Wednesday. Got a 126 out of the right and a 116 out of the left. I had to cancel Thursday because of bad pain from that— back on pain meds.

Ugh you cannot be too careful of overly aggressive PTs. My DH's orthopedic surgeon didn't even want him to do PT with a therapist and wanted him to do it all at home on his own because of the surgeon's experience with physical therapists being too aggressive and causing more damage and setting his patients back. We did use a physical therapist but we warned him to go slow and preferred slow and steady to cowboy tactics if you kwim. Wishing you speedy healing and a quick recovery from this setback @whitewave.

Thank you. I must have some kind of mild virus (not Corona I suppose). I have chills too.

And a speedy recovery from your mild virus. Hang in there. Healing vibes and (((Hugs))).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. So I'm not happy about the sound of this virus! And I'm with Missy on the whole 'avoid cowboy tactics from PTs' thing. Why do they E-V-E-R think that will help?? Ugh!

Sleep lots, @whitewave - and drink buckets of water. And if you're not on vitamins B, C, D and zinc - start now.

Thinking of you and I'll be looking for updates. <3

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok. So I'm not happy about the sound of this virus! And I'm with Missy on the whole 'avoid cowboy tactics from PTs' thing. Why do they E-V-E-R think that will help?? Ugh!

Sleep lots, @whitewave - and drink buckets of water. And if you're not on vitamins B, C, D and zinc - start now.

Thinking of you and I'll be looking for updates. <3

@whitewave I hope you’re feeling better! Please update when you can!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m feeling so much better. That virus was short lived and for sure not coronavirus. I am getting Pfizer shot #2 on Thit’s day. (I wanted to show you that autocorrect has changed Thursday 5 times to thit’s day, whatever that is lol).

My left leg now beds 124 degrees and last time they checked the right it was 127, so they no longer have to bend, stretch and measure me since 120 was the goal.

I am still doing way too much and when I do that, my left leg gets fatigued and the knee gives without any warning. It’s a bit scary and it feels like I might fall, though I don’t. I’m supposed to use my walker when that happens.

Most days I’m off any kind of pain pills, even Tylenol, alleve or Advil.

I requested 8 more weeks of physical therapy since I still need to work on steps and building up my quads. Everyone is pleased with my progress.

i‘m moving back in our marriage bed today so I’m super busy trying to find, clean and fold and put away everything, plus things are still out of order from last week’s ice apocalypse....... and we decided we might buy/build a beach house in a beach town on the gulf.

I will be 11 weeks post surgery on Wednesday.

Thank you, everyone for checking in. I don’t want to take a scar pic because the last spots are scabbing over and it’s pretty darn ugly to look at. Maybe next week.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@whitewave Hapy Thit’s day! HAHAHA. I hate autocorrect. Celebrating your avoidance of the 'rona along with you though!

Glad you're healing okay.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Hapy Thit’s day! HAHAHA. I hate autocorrect. Celebrating your avoidance of the "rona along with you though!

Glad you're healing okay.
Thank you!

I have to check urban dictionary and make sure it’s nothing nasty lol.

I’m going back to the beach area on Friday to meet with the realtor and the builder. DH and I were there last weekend, so my knees sort of have to get with the program lol. They will let me know when I’ve overdone it. This will also be the day after shot #2 so I hope it doesn’t knock me out like some people i know, or that I can at least take some Tylenol and get through my appointments of about 3 hours I would assume of looking at some of the builder’s houses and the lot. Etc.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m feeling so much better. That virus was short lived and for sure not coronavirus. I am getting Pfizer shot #2 on Thit’s day. (I wanted to show you that autocorrect has changed Thursday 5 times to thit’s day, whatever that is lol).

My left leg now beds 124 degrees and last time they checked the right it was 127, so they no longer have to bend, stretch and measure me since 120 was the goal.

I am still doing way too much and when I do that, my left leg gets fatigued and the knee gives without any warning. It’s a bit scary and it feels like I might fall, though I don’t. I’m supposed to use my walker when that happens.

Most days I’m off any kind of pain pills, even Tylenol, alleve or Advil.

I requested 8 more weeks of physical therapy since I still need to work on steps and building up my quads. Everyone is pleased with my progress.

i‘m moving back in our marriage bed today so I’m super busy trying to find, clean and fold and put away everything, plus things are still out of order from last week’s ice apocalypse....... and we decided we might buy/build a beach house in a beach town on the gulf.

I will be 11 weeks post surgery on Wednesday.

Thank you, everyone for checking in. I don’t want to take a scar pic because the last spots are scabbing over and it’s pretty darn ugly to look at. Maybe next week.

Wonderful update! So pleased about your progress. :appl:
As for the beach house woohoo.
If you want to contact me on loupe troop I just created a new listing for you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week I was discharged from physical therapy. I’m about 15 weeks out and I would say I’m 85% back to normal.

I’m back going to the grocery and running errands and overdoing it in the garden. Seriously, I didn’t get to put weed preventer out last season so the weeds were so large and awful looking that I spent beautiful Monday working out in the garden.

My PTs told me I can’t kneel again because I have my original knee cap, so I did a lot of bending and squatting and pulling and hauling and now I’m walking like Frankenstein. I think every muscle in my body hurts and hurts BAD.

I absolutely hate debilitation, and you all know my penchant for overdoing everything, I don’t learn.

My daughter and I are going to the beach town this weekend so I can introduce her to it, and we should close on the lot sometime in mid to late April.

I guess this is my last update on this thread! I made it through to the other side!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great update! Glad you’re gardening again... when do you carry 40-pound buckets of gravel to sift for diamonds?! :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great update! Glad you’re gardening again... when do you carry 40-pound buckets of gravel to sift for diamonds?! :)

Girl!!! You know that is what I’m working up to. It’s been killing me that I can’t go.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
53C831F7-214C-4321-99EE-F6A31915FDFD.jpeg
Right one had a reaction so I don’t want to show the healing spots, so here is the left one lol.

looks ok. I’m not bothered by the scar

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks fantastic! I’m glad you are over the other side! What week would you say was the worst and what week did it turn around?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results