shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had anything made by Martin Sheffield/USA Certed's bench?

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the process of impulse purchasing 2 diamonds via Martin Sheffield at USA Certed Diamonds.
I want drop earrings and he's indicated he has a bench who can do the settings.
Has anyone had settings made via Martin Sheffield? I'd love your feedback about the experience.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the process of impulse purchasing 2 diamonds via Martin Sheffield at USA Certed Diamonds.
I want drop earrings and he's indicated he has a bench who can do the settings.
Has anyone had settings made via Martin Sheffield? I'd love your feedback about the experience.

I've had weddings bands made through Martin's bench and they turned out really nice very happy with the quality of work.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I haven’t actually done business with them, though I tried. In the process of looking at OECs, I believe they got tired of my requests for a head-on photo (which I think is pretty darn important) and they literally dropped communication with me overnight. So I bought my OEC from a different vendor.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I haven’t actually done business with them, though I tried. In the process of looking at OECs, I believe they got tired of my requests for a head-on photo (which I think is pretty darn important) and they literally dropped communication with me overnight. So I bought my OEC from a different vendor.

Oh, wow! That's very unfortunate to hear. Thank you for telling me, that is very good to know.
They've been very responsive to me. I've found my stones with them and it's been a good experience so far. I'm just unsure about getting the setting through them as well. I can't really find many reviews that include purchasing the setting.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, wow! That's very unfortunate to hear. Thank you for telling me, that is very good to know.
They've been very responsive to me. I've found my stones with them and it's been a good experience so far. I'm just unsure about getting the setting through them as well. I can't really find many reviews that include purchasing the setting.

Yes, I realize I can’t speak to that. Both Colin and Martin were incredibly attentive...until they disappeared rather than sending me a head-on photo of the diamond I was thinking of purchasing.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I realize I can’t speak to that. Both Colin and Martin were incredibly attentive...until they disappeared rather than sending me a head-on photo of the diamond I was thinking of purchasing.

I'm really disappointed to hear that happened. It's actually making me a bit uneasy. They have so many good reviews, I thought it would be fine. But to stop communicating because you wanted to really see the stone before you purchased just isn't cool.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm really disappointed to hear that happened. It's actually making me a bit uneasy. They have so many good reviews, I thought it would be fine. But to stop communicating because you wanted to really see the stone before you purchased just isn't cool.

I had read the good reviews, too, and they were very responsive before I insisted (politely) that I needed to see the patterning head-on. It never got even remotely unpleasant, but they dropped me abruptly. Hopefully your experience will be perfectly fine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ask to see photos of other earrings they have made. I wouldn't buy custom earrings from any jeweler unless I was impressed with their previous work.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
With my experience working with Martin he has been very communicative with me answering any questions and also catering to reasonable requests.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With my experience working with Martin he has been very communicative with me answering any questions and also catering to reasonable requests.

That’s great that you had a positive experience. My requests were completely reasonable.

igs

Rough_Rock
Trade
That’s great that you had a positive experience. My requests were completely reasonable.

Hi. It's Martin Sheffield. Hope everyone is staying safe. Just to let you know that I work with an excellent goldsmith in the GTA for Canadian clients and for American clients I have two excellent goldsmiths in NYC. All of my goldsmiths do custom design work and pay detailed attention to all aspects of the setting. Mekp it would be my pleasure to have the drop settings custom made to your exact specifications. Thanks Mekp. Kind regards Martin Sheffield

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results