shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever sold their china?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soconfused

Rough_Rock
I have the Noritake Silver Palace china. Never used them, never even opened the boxes... I want to sell them, but don''t want to go through ebay because I am afraid of the shipping, i.e., breaking, etc. I have tried craig''s list. Does anyone know of a company that buys china from consumers? I also have cake knife and server from Tiffany''s that I want to sell...thoughts?

here is a photo:

NORITAKEpattern.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think Replacements Ltd. might. At one time, I was considering selling some of my china and I did a search (I always use www.dogpile.com) and found quite a few places that will buy used china.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Replacements Ltd. is the only place I know of that''s still in this business, but even they sell on eBay now. And I don''t know how much buying they do anymore because the market for fine china has changed. Lots of people don''t want to use fine china just as you don''t. I think the more active market is to sell individual pieces of popular china patterns that have been discontinued. But you can always ask.

And with any of these companies, you still have to ship them the china, and they won''t pay for pieces that get broken in transit.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Classic Style, I'd love to buy it from you....is that 'Leonore Platinum'?? shipping might be a nightmare though!
Try your local Creig List, there's always someone like me who loves good bone china.
35.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The best company to ship breakable items is UPS. They package and ship everything (and all is insured) My husband had 7 paintings shipped from FL to the Northwest and everything arrived safe and sound.

soconfused

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the replies.... I contacted replacement, LTD and am waiting to hear from them. Wonder if it will be worth it, since as a few of you said, I have to foot the shipping and insurance bill myself!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold a set to Replacements, Ltd. but I was able to drive there to deliver the china. I am bad about buying more china that I actually use.
23.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I sold a large set of Lenox china that was to be a wedding gift and havent missed it...did keep a smaller set of Lenox and a set of Wegwood for entertaining.Dont need a complete set for 12 ...dont do that much entertaining anymore so decided to sell locally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results