shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever had a personal assistant or the equivalent?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Please tell me all about it so I can bask in your reflected glory.

Right now for example, I would love to make someone else fix dinner, clean up and a bunch of other boring crap I don't feel like doing because I'm supremely lazy.

Please tell me you had a little crystal bell to summon them with, like if you felt like having a pedicure, a story read to you or a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade.

Bonus if you get to screech at them and perhaps even smack them with your hairbrush if you get mad. (just kidding, sort of).

Your report doesn't have to be true or anything. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
no
but i would love one
im thinking more a lady in waiting (those dont get paid) although i bleave the more modern term is Queen's Companions
i would be happy for someone to do up my bracelets and necklaces, anything else would be a bonus

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband! He does all the crap I hate doing! Don’t ask me what I did to get so lucky!! It works both ways, though. I do my share of the stuff he dislikes. Maybe it was just our good fortune that we each don’t mind doing what the other dislikes, lol.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right now for example, I would love to make someone else fix dinner, clean up and a bunch of other boring crap

Have you considered a wife? :cool2:

I don't make her do anything (and couldn't if I tried) but I have done less than my share of housework and childcare and schedule-keeping. More than my share of some other things but it does not balance out, hours- or effort-wise.

Even at work where I am "entitled" to an assistant, I don't have one; I don't want someone else keeping my work calendar. They would fill every day from dawn 'til dark with meetings that could have been an email, etc.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered a wife? :cool2:

I don't make her do anything (and couldn't if I tried) but I have done less than my share of housework and childcare and schedule-keeping. More than my share of some other things but it does not balance out, hours- or effort-wise.

Even at work where I am "entitled" to an assistant, I don't have one; I don't want someone else keeping my work calendar. They would fill every day from dawn 'til dark with meetings that could have been an email, etc.

Now you've started a fight! I asked my husband if we could get a wife and he looked just a little too enthusiastic. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, my dh and I have discussed this and he thinks he is my personal assistant. LOL

I, unfortunately, am not that talented and would not be a good personal assistant to anyone.
But I have to say my DH does a stellar job at being mine

:bigsmile:

Wait, not to sell myself short...I am good at scheduling medical appointments and researching any complex medical issues.
That counts for something right? 8)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told my daughter that we need a trained monkey and goat.

The goat would keep the law trim and would give the monkey rides to bring in the mail, and go up and down the stairs to the basement to retrieve items from our pantry and our spare fridge and freezer, do laundry etc.

The monkey would use the keys to let the goat in and out and could do dusting and tidying up here.

That's when my daughter said I'm basically the monkey and my husband is the goat. :lol:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I, too, am the personal assistant. Not only to my husband and children but most of my friends too. I’ve realized that most people aren’t good at planning and I’d rather have a good outcome even if I have to do all the work.
That being said, we are going to Italy this summer with my bff and her husband. He is planning the trip and it is absolutely glorious! I’ve never had anyone else plan a trip and now I know why my friends let me do all the work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results