shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone been following the University of Idaho murders?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so sad. The 4 victims died so badly. They surely didn’t deserve that. I think it’s a serial killer.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last I heard, authorities released the information that one of the girls had a stalker, that could be rumor of course. They said the community wasn’t in danger. Until the person responsible for such a heinous crime Is apprehended the community is in danger imo. Why do you think it’s a serial killer? But you could be right, I probably haven’t heard the latest in the investigation. Just makes me ill! Those poor kids and their families, ugh

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last I heard, authorities released the information that one of the girls had a stalker, that could be rumor of course. They said the community wasn’t in danger. Until the person responsible for such a heinous crime Is apprehended the community is in danger imo. Why do you think it’s a serial killer? But you could be right, I probably haven’t heard the latest in the investigation. Just makes me ill! Those poor kids and their families, ugh

Btw, I can’t stop staring at your ring stack, gorgeous.

I definitely agree the community is in danger. They said to walk with a buddy but that is exactly what these kids did.

I think the motive was murder. I can’t think of any scenario in which sweet 20somethings end up murdered. And this guy was successful doing it. Murder was the point of this. Bloodthirst. I don’t think they knew him and they had no idea this would happen.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been following. Such a tragedy. I think the killer is local, in one of their circles or stalked one of them prior. Their home was on a dead end street (I read that) and it just seems like someone had to know that only girls lived in that house. Horrific. I am waiting with bated breath for an arrest.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There were two victims on the third floor of the house and two victims on the second floor. The two students sleeping on the first floor weren’t attacked. I think the killer had to know the house. Those poor kids. This is every parent’s nightmare.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and why were the students on the first floor not attacked? Luck? Killer not interested in them? Crazy! My heart breaks for those families and for the community still living in fear every day.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and why were the students on the first floor not attacked? Luck? Killer not interested in them? Crazy! My heart breaks for those families and for the community still living in fear every day.

It’s possible he was too exhausted after 4 to murder 2 more. I think it’s very possible he didn’t know they were there.

it took me a while to even read about the murders because I have 3 twentysomethings.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s possible he was too exhausted after 4 to murder 2 more. I think it’s very possible he didn’t know they were there.

it took me a while to even read about the murders because I have 3 twentysomethings.

He may not have known they were there. I certainly understand about your kids; it reminds me of when my kids were away at college. Scary stuff indeed!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did read that an FBI profiler believes that it was a targeted killing involving someone within one or more of the students group of acquaintances. In order to kill four people, most of them would have had to be asleep so as not to alert the others. It is just so gruesome and awful and clearly the investigation hasn't turned up a quick arrest either.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they said it was a targeted attack I've been assuming that it was one of the blond girls he was after. The killer did not know
the layout of the house and he went room-to-room killing the students until he found the one he actually "wanted" to kill. Of course,
all just assumptions. I thought they would have figured it out and caught the murderer by now. Truly saddened for the families and
the community.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was at my son’s off campus housing Sunday night/Monday morning, we went to bed around 12:45 am and before I retired, I asked him in the doors were all locked. Nope, unlocked and the door we went in wasn’t even all the way closed. :oops2:

I believe the Idaho students likely kept a certain door unlocked and that is the door everyone went in and out of. Probably the sliding glass door by the kitchen.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they said it was a targeted attack I've been assuming that it was one of the blond girls he was after. The killer did not know
the layout of the house and he went room-to-room killing the students until he found the one he actually "wanted" to kill. Of course,
all just assumptions. I thought they would have figured it out and caught the murderer by now. Truly saddened for the families and
the community.

So what I have gathered in reading up, is one of the girls (kaylee with the Range Rover?) had already moved out since she was graduating and moving for a new job, so she was likely sleeping in the room with Maddy. Ethan and Xana were in another room. I realized we are talking about the killer entering 2 bedrooms and not 4. It doesn’t make a difference in the end, but it does make him I think more efficient in the killings.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profiler also said that he felt the killer would have been familiar with the layout of the house. However, he left two alive in another room so not sure that makes sense.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profiler also said that he felt the killer would have been familiar with the layout of the house. However, he left two alive in another room so not sure that makes sense.

I just read a ton of rumor on a different site from someone who said their family works at the coroner office and the suspect is ”jack D” so idk if that is reliable. There are two jacks so Idk which one he is... maybe the one who owned the dog and the ex BF of I think kaylee ?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read a ton of rumor on a different site from someone who said their family works at the coroner office and the suspect is ”jack D” so idk if that is reliable. There are two jacks so Idk which one he is... maybe the one who owned the dog and the ex BF of I think kaylee ?

I am sure the police must have some suspect or person of interest at this point. However, in order to get an indictment, they must be able to show the prosecutor’s office a case against him that they think they would be able to convict him with and maybe they don’t have that yet. I tend to think that it was calculated rather than random but I always think back to Ted Bundy who entered that women’s sorority house and killed several before running out - just because he could. Evil lives among us all and we never know when or where. Young folks think they are invincible and that stuff like that won’t happen to them. That is why they leave their doors unlocked, etc. My son’s college dormitory room was entered while he and roommate were sleeping. They stole their wallets and change. Never knew who that was either but the fact that someone had been in his room while he was there was terrifying to me! College campuses are not the safe haven many expect it to be.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think one of the girls was targeted. It wasn’t a random attack. I thought about Ted Bundy too.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horrible case.
Speculation of what happened on twitch feed at Grub Truck that night gets my vote of who/what’s compelling vs neighbor who gave 3 interviews and the xbf/dog co-owner.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what I have gathered in reading up, is one of the girls (kaylee with the Range Rover?) had already moved out since she was graduating and moving for a new job, so she was likely sleeping in the room with Maddy. Ethan and Xana were in another room. I realized we are talking about the killer entering 2 bedrooms and not 4. It doesn’t make a difference in the end, but it does make him I think more efficient in the killings.

I've been assuming they were in 3 rooms (each girl in their own and boyfriend with 3rd girl. That makes it even more curious if the 2
girls were in the same room. You would have thought there would be more opportunity for screaming while he killed the first roommate in the same room??? So hoping they catch the murderer soon and can release all the details.

This is every parent's nightmare when they send their child off to school.:(2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been assuming they were in 3 rooms (each girl in their own and boyfriend with 3rd girl. That makes it even more curious if the 2
girls were in the same room. You would have thought there would be more opportunity for screaming while he killed the first roommate in the same room??? So hoping they catch the murderer soon and can release all the details.

This is every parent's nightmare when they send their child off to school.:(2

We don’t know what is real or made up, so I’m not sure about sleeping arrangements other than Ethan’s parents said he and Xena were in the same room. Don’t watch that interview. It’s horribly sad. Ethan was a triplet.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True @whitewave ...we can't really rely on anything right now.

I had heard the boy was a triplet. So sad for his siblings and parents.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to wrap your head around anyone doing something so horrific to four 20-21 year olds. I feel so sad for these poor kids and their families who lives are forever changed. Hopefully they find the person who did this quickly.

@whitewave, Please make sure your son gets a security bar for the glass sliding door. They are inexpensive and sold on Amazon. It‘s easy to open a locked sliding glass door.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to wrap your head around anyone doing something so horrific to four 20-21 year olds. I feel so sad for these poor kids and their families who lives are forever changed. Hopefully they find the person who did this quickly.

@whitewave, Please make sure your son gets a security bar for the glass sliding door. They are inexpensive and sold on Amazon. It‘s easy to open a locked sliding glass door.

Thanks, he has one. I grew up with sliding glass doors and all you really have to do is jimmy it and pick it up by the handle and you can open it. its crazy

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now they're saying that it may not have been a targeted attack??? Dont they know that's pretty important information to the
people in that community? If its a serial killer who knows who might be next? I would be pretty mad if I lived in that community!

If you don't know what it is then don't say. My DH said maybe they are trying to prevent hysterics by saying it's a targeted attack.
That would be a terrible reason. Students/parents are making decisions based on unreliable information that is being
provided by the "investigation". I don't think I would trust anything they had to say until the killer is caught.:(2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now they're saying that it may not have been a targeted attack??? Dont they know that's pretty important information to the
people in that community? If its a serial killer who knows who might be next? I would be pretty mad if I lived in that community!

If you don't know what it is then don't say. My DH said maybe they are trying to prevent hysterics by saying it's a targeted attack.
That would be a terrible reason. Students/parents are making decisions based on unreliable information that is being
provided by the "investigation". I don't think I would trust anything they had to say until the killer is caught.:(2

Yes, I read that this morning and was a bit shocked! I wondered if it was because they had gone through all the acquaintances and ruled them out. Even so, I totally agree with you; don’t say anything that would affect how people go about living their daily lives if you are not sure!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once they say serial killer, the collective anxiety goes sky high. (understandable) so they hold off until they can’t anymore.

Nobody is safe in that town, but also Ted Bundy killed in Colorado and Florida so if it is a serial killer, we really don’t know where his next victim will be. Likely in the same area, but we can’t be sure.

I haven’t followed it today because it’s too sad. Someone let me know when something happens.

@Bonfire

I realize this is a very serious topic, and I clicked on the thread because I'm interested in the case. I found everyone's comments very insightful. Been thinking about those poor kids and their families since it happened. ❤️

That being said, and I hope I'm not being tactless, I had to comment on your emerald ring. It's positively glorious. That is all.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! Someone has been arrested in the case! A 25-year-old student (but not at the same school???) in PA!!!

I have no other details. I so hope it's the right person! Off to do some googling!

EDIT...Bryan Christopher Kohberger, 28 has been arrested in the murders

Attachments

• idaho.png
    idaho.png
    401.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results