shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anybody spent time in Costa Rica, Belize or Panama?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if any of our people have spent any time in Panama or Costa Rica.

Did you vacation there? Did you live there? Did you buy property there? Etc.

If you have, I would love to hear your commentary on any of the countries.

Thanks,

D.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Costa Rica. My aunt lives near San Jose; my mom and I visted her for a few weeks last summer. It's a beautiful country, its not as third-world-y as some Central American places, but there is nevertheless a lot of poverty.

We did a lot of travelling around... San Jose itself is pretty big; it reminded me a bit of Athens, dirty but not filthy.

The nightfalls are a bit hard to get used to- since it's near the equator, there's no twilight; it's just suddenly pitch dark around 6. You get 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark all year round. And we were there in the wet season- it rained a LOT.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
friends sold sold home in los gatos almost two years ago and moved to costa rica.....where the hubby had been wanting to move for years. they now own a home there. in looking to visit, it appears that san jose has things to hold ones interest for 2-3 days at most. the thrust of tourism is eco-tourism: kayaking, hiking, birds, butterflies, etc. not many archeology sights to visit. beaches for surfing are supposed to be good. the highlands are less humid than the beaches. that pretty much sums up my knowledge re costa rica.

mz

ps high tax rate on purchases, hotels, etc. lots of info available online to research. my spanish teacher says panama is a favorite of his.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results