shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anybody got real deal in NR Auctions of Gemrockauctions.com ?

binay1702

Rough_Rock
I purchased few stones on NR Auctions from few different thailand based sellers of Gemrockauctions.com. I was happy that i got some real deal but to my utmost fear, they all came out as synthetic / fake or glass filled gemstones after getting it tested locally. I have lodged my complaint to the management of Gemrockauctions.com and still waiting for redressal. My question is Anybody has similar kind of experience and Is the Gemrockauctions same to Ebay.com where mostly trash / fake stones are sold. And the buyers who buys from NR auctions really get their stones checked before giving positive feedback to these sellers. I am still shocked.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As with anything, you get what you pay for. If it’s cheap than you have to be cautious. No one sells genuine quality rubies, sapphires or emeralds for a few dollars. And of course there are also countless eBay listings that are at best misleading, at worst outright lies.
However, there are reputable vendors on eBay and also online vendors but these prices aren’t going to be “bargains”.
Genuine gems of good quality usually cost in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
Most people who buy gems wouldn’t go near the likes of JTV, NR Gem Auctions or most eBay sellers because we appreciate that if they aren’t fake or synthetic they will be highly treated and/or low quality. Unfortunately these types of sellers take advantage of inexperienced or naive people. Most people who buy those gems are happy with their purchase because they don’t know any better and don’t go and get their gems tested.
A while ago a guy was on the forum with the large collection of loose gems his grandma had bought as an investment (probably from NR gem auctions or similar) which he’d inherited. He was expecting he had thousands and thousands of dollars worth of gems. Unfortunately, no.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry that happened to you! I’ve checked out that website, but never felt confident enough to purchase from them.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
Yes, exactly the same experience here. It is a roulette-type gem-buying.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
I’m so sorry that happened to you! I’ve checked out that website, but never felt confident enough to purchase from them.
Oh. Don't be sorry please. It is small price of learning lessons. Even I got these stones verified by their internal Audit system before making payment. So I was at least expecting some solid actions from the management of Gemrockauctions.com against these sellers and for mitigation of my little loss.
Unfortunately they are still selling synthetic / fake stones calling them as regular stones. So It appears worse than ebay. Though I believe few sellers of Gemrockauctions.com are good.
I wish all those Gem buyers /Lover to know these things so that they could not fall prey of cheaply priced gemstones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought stones from there many years ago when it was quite a new site. Always stuff that wasn't terribly high priced but did come with GIT and weren't too expensive (especially in those days) But I've not purchased from there in a very long time. I've no idea what its even like now. I'm sure its along the lines of ebay where you have to really take lots of precautions now.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Even I came to know few good sellers from Gemrockauctions and they are professional in every possible way. But my bad experiences happened with all the thai sellers registered there selling gems on NR auctions. And trust me not a single stone came as per description. Since the Stone grading services are cheap here so could be possible to know about my all 3-4 purchases ( all purchases made more than 1-2 years ago) even they were not very expensive. I reported to the Admin of Gemrockauctions and submitted copies of reports of such sub-standard / synthetic gemstones. Few sellers were reluctant to refund even after bringing it to their notice.
Only purpose of sharing my experience here is to make the gem lovers / buyers aware and save them from such kind of frauds and scams.
Ultimately Such scams / cheating in the long run affects overall to the Gem Traders and Gem business Communities .

Isaac046

Rough_Rock
Hey I have negative feedback on a seller once getting a diamond checked out and it turned out to be much lower grade and color than what it was advertised as and the admin suspended my account now I'm being left with the problem and gemrockauctions don't care to talk about it. These guys are not good to deal with. This was my second attempt and now I got ripped 2/2 times I'll never go back. You should wrote a review on trustpilot its how I ended up getting a $200 credit after the first seller ripped me off. I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone it's so dodgy

binay1702

Rough_Rock
The Admin of Gemrockauctions.com helped me get my refunds . This post is only for the purpose of Caveat Emptor who buys stones blindly in NR auction in search of nice deals. Besides few dealers in GR are really good and professional.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a bit of a minefield much like Ebay, there are some good sellers on there, some average sellers on there and some that will flat out take advantage of unsuspecting people (smoked opals, selling Ethiopian opals as Aussie opals, selling synthetic stones as real, selling glass filled as not glass filled, selling BE treated stones as "natural stones" and so on, you get the point...... Always get things checked at a lab unless it's something super cheap.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only consider gem rock auctions for their regular priced stuff (or normal reserve auctions), not the NR ones. And I make sure the vendors have good return policies before looking seriously or inquiring.

sapphirehunteruk

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had experience with Aliimrangemsco1? I’m looking at his sapphires and they look pretty reliable in terms of pricing/ quality (although some pretty suspicious auction prices are set...). He used American International Gemlabs, which I’ve never heard of, so looking for some reassurance.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone had experience with Aliimrangemsco1? I’m looking at his sapphires and they look pretty reliable in terms of pricing/ quality (although some pretty suspicious auction prices are set...). He used American International Gemlabs, which I’ve never heard of, so looking for some reassurance.

So for 2 seconds I had to think about what you were saying. AIG which is what you're saying is the laboratory, is not to be mistaken for AIGS.

If you get a certificate number, run it through their checker. I don't have anything from AIG, but do from AIGS, so can't tell you about the legitimacy of them as a lab or not.

sapphirehunteruk

Rough_Rock
@Arcadian yeah, it’s confusing! The easy mixup is what made me leery of the lab in the first place, they’re clearing looking to play off of acronym confusions.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had fun shopping on gemrockauctions, but absolutely buyer beware. If it’s not certified by a reputable place and/or sold by a good vendor (from a safer country), I’d think twice. Especially if you’re buying a high profile/expensive type of gem.

Asianfan82

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I wanted to follow up on this after a long time. I am seriously considering buying a f... expensive stone on this website in an auction, I expect around USD 30k plus, probably more. But I am confident I can sell it on for double the price in my place. The stone It is from one of the Thai sellers, has a GIA Certificate which I also tested on the GIA website and it is all correct. Thai Seller has around 99% approval in many transactions. I also called with the guy already who has two "real shops" in Bankgkok, and he seems trustworthy.

"I have two offices in Rama Jewelry. One is Pretty Little Gem Co., Ltd
505-506, 5th Floor, Rama Building, 987 Silom Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand
And
Sparkling Stones Co., Ltd
203, 2nd Floor, Rama Building, 987 Silom Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand"

The transaction has also been reviewed by what they call the "gemrock sheriff" and verified. I am just not sure what that means on that website, I mean I have no doubt that a GIA Certificate is real, so if he has this stone and sends it to me, I am sure it is not a fake. But my question is whether and how the guys from Gemrockauctions can check whether this guy is actually in posession of this stone...

Can anybody give me an idea/advice, preferable also via private message. I see a real chance for a good deal here, but it is a lot of money at stake.

Thank you guys!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Are you buying this with the intent of flipping it for a profit? Have you ever tried reselling gemstones before?

If this is a new endeavor for you, I beg of you to be so so careful with this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results