shape
carat
color
clarity

Has Anybody Bought Flannel Sheets Lately?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to buy a set of flannel sheets to give as a gift, so I went to my old stand-by, Land's End. I have some heavy flannel sheets I bought from them years ago that are still wonderfully soft and warm. Unfortunately, when I checked their website I noticed a lot of comments from prior customers that seem to indicate that they've changes suppliers, and that the product they're selling this year just isn't of the same quality as sheets bought in prior years. A lot of recent customers are complaining about endless pilling and shedding when the sheets are washed. So... I went to check the reviews at LL Bean, and I found much the same story - although the overall ratings were high, the most recent purchasers were disappointed with their sheets.

So... has anyone bought flannel sheets recently that they especially like? Has anyone had bad experiences with recent flannel purchases? Has anyone purchased flannel sheets from Garnet Hill or Cuddledown? I'm going to have to match twin XL fitted sheets with a king-size flat sheet, so I think I'll need to stick with larger companies that offer this option.

Many thanks!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The best flannel sheets that I've gotten were from Bed Bath and Beyond. Don't remember the brand though. I got a cheap set from Kohls and they pilled like crazy. The BBB have held up really well. We use them all fall and winter.

I always take sheets out of the package at the store and feel them. I have no shame. lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine swears by Cuddledown and she has several sets of sheets and duvet covers from them. She loves her flannel sheets, and I've used them when I spend the night. They're comfy, warm, and I haven't noticed any pilling.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an awesome set from Garnet Hill. No issues with pilling and they are super soft and cozy! I bought them last year but I'd be surprised if they've changed suppliers-their bedding is always very high quality.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on Garnet Hill--we love our flannel sheets from them!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SomethingShiny, Zoe, Thing2 - thank you all for your input. I'll have to check out the options at Garnet Hill. I have another week or so before I'll need to place the order... any other feedback would be appreciated too!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I've been trying to get flannel sheets in the UK for the past two years. It seems to be impossible. If anyone has any ideas about where to go, please share.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results