shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anybody been to Bridaltown?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So I''m looking at my calendar and I really need to get on this dress thing...

Has anybody been to Bridaltown in PA? I keep seeing ads for it and it sounds like a giant warehouse of dresses. Wondering if it is worth visiting since it''s only 2 hours from me.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sumbride!

My hometown is Allentown, PA which isn't far from this place (I currently live in Manhattan). I've never been there personally, but I've seen commercials and driven past it - I think it's worth checking out. Plus, they have coupons on the website which you can print out and use.

Where are you from? One of my best friends lives in Allentown and bought her wedding dress (and we bought our bridesmaid dresses) at a place called Anne Baileys. www.annebaileys.com Another place which might be worth checking out!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think I may go! Looks like they have a lot of fancier lines.

I live in Baltimore so I have the whole DC (overpriced!) salon selection as well as the Baltimore salons but I just haven''t been in the mood. I think maybe having all those dresses available (in plus sizes!) will be helpful to get me to imagine myself in a big white dress. Plus FI has a friend in the area so we could make a weekend of it if I wanted.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I asked the same question on Craigslist and got a lot of local girls that said they didn''t like it at all and that the plus sizes were in a little cottage building out back... Just seems odd. I think I''ll head to Alfred Angelo like I originally planned and skip Bridaltown unless I get desperate.

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
My neice is full- figured (so am I). She purchased her dress from Frank Bernard. She wore a Maggie Sotero gown back in September. See link below for particulars.

http://www.hellowilmington.com/YP/c_BRIDALGOWNSWEDDINGAPPAREL.Cfm

The following "insider" gave Bridaltown 2 stars, so something tells me it''s not worth the trek. Check out her comments on Verenique Boutique. She carries plus size gowns.

http://www.insiderpages.com/member/5356045579?page=2

I live in the Philly area. If I come across anything, I will let you know.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thank you dmamsquared!!!! I''ll definitely check those stores!

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
http://www.onewed.com/dresses/weddings/MD/wedding-106-MD.html

Not all are physically in MD. Check out Bridal Save. If you find the dress of your dreams, the next step is to get it at a discount. You need to order 16 weeks in advance. Also, from experience, if your attendants are PS, then prepare them for the alteration bill. Sometimes it costs as much to "add on" to the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results