shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston, Resale, sizing up?

luckielucylou

Rough_Rock
I need advice. We have looked at a very nice Harry winston HW setting. It is a .51 for around 5,700 $ . Would this be a good buy considering it is a resale? or would we be better off without a branded stone? I really like the setting, size and brand are not that important to me. Also how would it be to resize up 1 or 2 sizes? Thank you for your help, I am very clueless with all this.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd call and ask HW about sizing up 1-2 sized. They may be able to go up a bit, but pave rings usually can't/shouldn't be sized a full 2 sizes. Best to find out from them though. The price seems fair for a HW branded designer ring. The setting alone is probably 3-4k from a good custom designer without the HW name. What are the specs on the stone? You can do a diamond search here and enter in the specs to get a good idea of what the stone would cost from a PS vendor.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wouldn't take a designer piece apart (separating the stone from the setting). It would greatly devalue it. Since the setting is plain plat. you should have no trouble having it sized, but I would try to figure out a way to have HW do it if possible. If a current ring is over 8K for the stone and setting than the 5K is pretty good. Is this exactly what you want? My motto, "a deal is only a deal if it's exactly what you want. " So don't setting just based on pricing :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results