shape
carat
color
clarity

"Harp considered the most healing instrument next to human voice"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hubby found this Harp link and we were both amazed at the results. We have a pair of guard dogs that won''t allow a stranger to even look at our property without telling you they see you. They are tough cookies. But when a thunderstorm comes along...they are little whimpering shivering cry babies. I have to hold them and caress them and talk them through it. Usually stay up with them all night. We schedule our lives around the Tstorms. Make sure we are home. One of them has had several serious operations, and lots of recovery pampering time. I wish I had this option to help relieve the stress.

So I think I will get this cd and apply it to my babies fear. Will report back with my results.

I have seen aromatherapy products for the same purpose...Dr''s. Foster and Smith link on spray, chews etc. I haven''t tried any of those yet.

For some reason I really think this harp thing will work. When I hear that instrument...it is most peaceful-so it makes sense. Just thought you might enjoy a heads up for you furbabies.
emdog.gif
emcat.gif
emvamp.gif
think it will work on these kind too...
emmale.gif
emfemale.gif
§

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know DKS, I have often wanted to be able to play the harp, there is something so healing about the sound of that instrument, so I am not surprised at that. I hope it helps your doggies when there is a storm. I have also heard that playing Mozart is incredibly healing too and has helped those who suffer from depression, I think there is definitely magic in Mozart''s compositions.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei...I agree!

I suppose I am late to the harp party as I just did a Barnes and Noble search and there are 12 or more harp cd for healing. Ok then. There are some times fashionably late is the in thing to be...but if hearing this could have made me less stressed, there is nothing fashionable about that huh?

Guess what? Can''t find a cd by that particular author. Tame the savage beast, can''t find it. Oh dear. Shouldn''t have started a thread before learning I can''t find the cd huh? What a Novice!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you find one DKS. I''ll wait and see if it works on your doggies. Casper is a wreck during thunder storms, and will try just about anything. I don''t like the idea of drugging him. I''ve tried homeopathic medicines, not sure how well they work.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love harp music - so soothing. It was the only music we had during our wedding ceremony.

I''ve also read (at least for cats) that classical music in general is very soothing.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
DKS: Maybe that''s why we think of harps as being instruments played in heaven!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I miss everything around here!

Thanks for posting this, DKS!

Maybe the harp we will have playing before and during our weddin ceremony will cure whatever it is that ails my darling mother about our having our wedding in Maui...or maybe it will just keep me from wanting to harm her for attempting to ruin my special day!

I''ll have to report back to you about that at a later date, but for now I''m off to check out the harp selections our harpist provided one more time to find the absolute MOST soothing I can find!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh...that would be incredible at your wedding. Oh my. I am getting sappy just thinking about it...
39.gif

I am so glad you bumped this...I got sided tracked gave up my search for that particular CD and need to get back on the ball and get it from somewhere. Two nights ago tstorms can through...I had some chores I needed to do and I gave the pups some peanut butter jars. I keep them for the tstorms and it really distracts them. Just enough peanut butter left to make it a challenge and they focus on that instead of the storms. I got my chores done...and didn''t have to hold a paw.

Thanks again for bumping...off again on my search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results