shape
carat
color
clarity

hard to find fluorescence?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BKmommy

Rough_Rock
I''m putting together my replacment wedding ring (in my head, for the time being; still not ready to purchase yet) and I''m very fond of fluorescence, preferably med to strong. I''m noticing, though, that unless you want a RB, it can be really difficult to find (which I''m not totally opposed to, but I''d prefer something different). It seems that fancy shaped stones having most of the qualities I want have neglible to no fluor. So vendors, is this a problem? And consumers, have any of you had a hard time with this? Just curious.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Carol,

It definite can be a challenge in fancies. Most vendors do not allow you to search for flour in their databases.

You can search for flour on BlueNile, however, for what its worth. From the Standard Search page, click on "advanced search features", the "Add/Remove Sliders."

This link should bring you to the page with the flour slider added. Good Luck!

bluenile advanced search

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what shape you are specifically looking for or what carat weight but if you do a generic search under search bu cut on PS, you can find diamonds with fluor medium and strong in almost all the different shapes. If you share what specific cut of diamond you are considering and an approximate carat range people might be able to post their fluor finds. Good Luck. I too LOVE fluor.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 1:01:37 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Hi Carol,

It definite can be a challenge in fancies. Most vendors do not allow you to search for flour in their databases.

You can search for flour on BlueNile, however, for what its worth. From the Standard Search page, click on ''advanced search features'', the ''Add/Remove Sliders.''

bluenile advanced search

Cool, I didn''t know you could search for fluor. Other vendors should add this feature
9.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/26/2007 1:08:44 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 3/26/2007 1:01:37 PM
Author: boston_jeff
Hi Carol,

You can search for flour on BlueNile, however, for what its worth. From the Standard Search page, click on ''advanced search features'', the ''Add/Remove Sliders.''

bluenile advanced search

Cool, I didn''t know you could search for fluor. Other vendors should add this feature
9.gif

LOL! Many vendors tend to want to hide fluorescence and apologise for it if a stone has it... Now you want them to make it easily visible.

Me, I love it and frequently annoy my suppliers by asking for it, but it can be hard to find in a well cut stone.

Wink

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
When I was doing my search, I wasn''t looking specifically for flour, because that would have made my search even more of a needle in a haystack. But, I was so happy to find an H/VS2 with SB flour, because the stone faces up very white and it gives the stone extra character in the right lighting conditions. If you want it, you can get it, but you need to be (a) patient or (b) lucky. Good luck!

avlis

Shiny_Rock
GoG allows you to use flourescence as a search parameter. they have some fancies too.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Carol,

I also had this problem when searching for a diamond with fluorescence. It was hard to find exactly the carat, color and clarity I wanted and could afford... much less trying to find one with some fluorescence.

I ended up just calling the PS jewelers (GOG, WF, James Allen) and asked them to do the work for me. Calling gets you better/faster feedback than email (although it''s not instant), and having them do all the work, and call their suppliers also helps immensely. Just have patience and keep asking and looking. You''ll find what you''re looking for it just takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results