carat
color
clarity

Happy Thanksgiving, eh!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving!

(Contrary to what some of you might have heard, we don't actually wish each other a 'Happy Canadian Thanksgiving'.)

I have a busy schedule today, what with all the turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc., that I must eat to keep up with tradition. But I want to send a Thanksgiving greeting to everyone celebrating this weekend, whether you're Canadian or not!

I am thankful for a lot of things, including having stumbled upon PS and all the lovely people here who have shared knowledge, laughs, and generously offered words of support and encouragement to each other. You're a great bunch of people. :))

Before I head off to my demanding tasks of the day, I like to share the following images. The first is one that I saw on PS and am re-posting it because it made me laugh.

:wavey:

turkeys_worried.jpg

emails.jpg

vegetarians.jpg

turkey_shooter.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saying ... ;))

:))

thanksgiving_timing.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
+1

Thank you, december-fire! And a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the Canadians here!
Happy Columbus Day to those of you south of the border.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
P.S. Love the jokes! :angel:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Hi December Fire, and Happy Thanksgiving to you! Don't work too hard, and all leftovers belong to YOU!!!

Great cartoons/jokes, btw :lol: :lol: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving! Love the jokes and cartoons. :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very Happy Thanksgiving, december-fire! You have become one of my favorite posters!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason I was thinking that there was only about 2 weeks difference between the Canadian and US Thanksgivings, but obviously I'm a tad bit off :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy turkey day! Used to be I'd bust my butt cooking for 2 solid days, but I'm thankful not to do that anymore :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful you are a part of PS December-Fire. :wavey:

happythanksgiving.jpg

canadianfeastyummy.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cold and snowy Thanksgiving this year. Last year it was 20 degrees C! I just might have to break out the shovel today... :knockout: For sure, my flowers are toast!

I cooked yesterday. As usual by the time it came around to eating ...I was tired...but managed to eat my fair share of corm meal souffle. In fact that is all I wanted! yum yum

Enjoy your long weekend folks!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1476111691|4085309 said:
Cold and snowy Thanksgiving this year. Last year it was 20 degrees C! I just might have to break out the shovel today... :knockout: For sure, my flowers are toast!

I cooked yesterday. As usual by the time it came around to eating ...I was tired...but managed to eat my fair share of corm meal souffle. In fact that is all I wanted! yum yum

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon!

Hugs,

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1476113601|4085319 said:

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon!

Hugs,

Thank you Deb! :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I love all of the memes & cartoons in this thread. Too funny! Hope you are having a wonderful Holiday! :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its the day after Thanksgiving. Pass me some more leftovers! :))

Garnetgirl, Azstonie, Marcy, Thank you!

Deb and Missy, Awwww, thank you so much! You're both so sweet to say that.

minousbijoux, This year, the Canadian Thanksgiving seemed to have suddenly popped up out of nowhere! Last weekend, we were all shocked and exclaiming 'What do you mean Thanksgiving is next week!?!?!' :lol:

"Arcadian » October 9th, 2016, 1:04 pm
Happy turkey day! Used to be I'd bust my butt cooking for 2 solid days, but I'm thankful not to do that anymore :) "

Arcadian, You're a wise woman! Its not fun if its too much work. I'm very thankful that the amazing man in my life happens to be a wonderful cook who enjoys hosting. I take over the clean-up because I don't believe the cook should also do clean-up, but this year my son beat me to the kitchen and did the vast majority of clean-up.

Other than making a Sweet Potato Casserole (no marshmallows, those are just for hot chocolate), all I did was eat. And talk. Then eat some more. Talked some more. Then ate some more. Well, you get the picture. ;))

day_after_thanksgiving.jpg

carbed_out.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoy your long weekend folks!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, snow!?!? For some reason, I thought you were in or around Toronto. I'm guessing you're out West. I've been too busy (eating) to check the national weather and see who's had snow.

Preparing the meal can be very tiring. The man in my life is always busy cooking and hosting, and doesn't really enjoy the meal at the time as much as he enjoys the leftovers after everyone has gone home and he can sit and relax. I need to ban him from the kitchen and have him play 'guest'.

Corn meal souffle sounds wonderful! Would you mind sharing the recipe? As a teenager, I spent a couple of summers on a ranch in Saskatchewan, hauling bails of hay, and herding cattle and horses (so much fun!). The family made something called Johnny Cake, but I didn't bring back the recipe with me. It was made with cornmeal and was delicious. Lately, one of the grocery stores here in Ontario (Ottawa) has been carrying packages of small corn meal loaves. I refuse to admit how many I can eat! :lol:

Sending wishes for sunny, warm weather. Will you be getting any Chinooks?

_38423.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what I've been doing today? Looking at turkey cartoons! While eating yummy leftovers. :lol:

fatting_up_the_turkeys.jpg

getting_thin_for_thanksgiving.jpg

guilty_gravy.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, there's more!

rub_down_and_sauna.jpg

skinny_turkey_t-shirts.jpg

spiret_of_turkey_warning_rudolph.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three more! :))

strange_earthlings_habits.jpg

thanksgiving_with_scarecrow.jpg

turkey_in_costume.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one. Happy Columbus Day! :wavey:

turkeys_and_elections.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving to fellow Canadians and Happy Columbus Day to our American neighbours!

Oh December Fire, I wish our Canadian Thanksgiving here looked like the picture you posted. We don't have snow but we don't have many leaves left on our trees anymore thanks to that autumn wind.

We had the big turkey dinner yesterday so it's yummy leftovers today. I'm thankful for a husband that makes the entire dinner from start to finish - including clean up :love: .

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers!!! I love leftover turkey + sausage stuffing + potatoes... :lickout: WHY does it taste better the day after? IDK? I guess it's because we are overwhelmed with all the options thanksgiving day? IDK... I want some thanksgiving dinner now wahhhh.... ;(

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me, well, you give that man a big hug! He cooks and does clean-up!

Yes, we have to enjoy the beautiful Fall colours of the trees before the winds blow off all the leaves. Word is that this winter won't be wickedly cold but we'll get lots of snow. I've already signed up with the snow removal company. Usually, I don't mind shoveling snow, but a few record snowfalls made me decide to hire a snow removal company a couple of years ago, and I appreciate not having to go out and shovel.

Sharon, thank you for the recipe and the link to the recipe thread! I'd forgotten about that thread - perhaps because I've found myself back in the 'Show Me the Bling' forum lately and spending too much time drooling over everyone's gorgeous jewellery!

Re-reading, for the 200th time, the 'big eternity' thread lead me to a poster called Roppongi and her incredibly goreous 3-stone and eternity! Oh my God, gorgeous! I don't recall seeing posts from her, but I won't forgot those amazing rings.
Here's the link, since I'm going on about it.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/roppongis-3-stone-ring-and-eternity-band.87263/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/roppongis-3-stone-ring-and-eternity-band.87263/[/URL]

PS's have the most beautiful jewellery! Its wonderful to see all the photos!

Pinto! Grab your Hubby and come on over! I'll set two extra spots at the table! :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful thread, december-fire. I feel thankful for it, in fact. It helps break the depressing gloom of the US presidential season this year. I think you're a peach!

Hugs,
Deb

_38424.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a recipe for that peach cake? OMG that looks great!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1476142250|4085457 said:
Wonderful thread, december-fire. I feel thankful for it, in fact. It helps break the depressing gloom of the US presidential season this year. I think you're a peach!

Hugs,
Deb

Deb,

You're a sweetheart! Thank you!

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread.

I just sat on the couch with my laptop after polishing off a big plate of leftovers, saw your post with the peach cake and, despite my full tummy, thought 'Ohhhh, look at that yummy-looking cake!'.

I was trying to be good last week, knowing that there would be lots of food yesterday. Yesterday morning I got on the scales and was happily surprised to see that I'd dropped a pound or so. However, I thought I heard the scale singing that old song 'Will you still love me tomorrow'. Sure enough, got on the scales this morning after yesterday's Thanksgiving feast, and the love is gone. :lol:

Hugs to you and your handsome Griffin.
(I hope I remembered his name correctly. I've ordered my memory cells to delete all information concerning what I ate, and your pup's name might have been deleted by accident.)

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL great cartoons DF! :lol:

Sharon, Poodles and all the Canadian PSers, I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving!!!

Sharon, stay warm and hope you didn't have to do too much shoveling! Though it will burn those calories off from the Thankgiving feast. I LOVE Thanksgiving and I don't even eat turkey. It's the apple pie, pumpkin pie and stuffing I eat too much of... :lickout: :wavey:

Poodles, we love our men who can cook and bake and are thankful for them! :love:

I agree with Deb, this is a wonderful thread and Deb OMG that peach pie looks amazing. I wish I had some of that here right now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results