shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy one year to Preloved...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Preloved just passed its one year birthday!

Thoughts on how you've enjoyed it? Things you've bought (that you would not have gotten otherwise) and things you've sold? Think it's been good or or not so good for PS?

Without preloved, I probably would not have my 3 stone, as my mom gave me back the cushion I bought her and I sold that to a nice PSer.

Also, I'd like to say "thank you" to Andrey and Ella for giving us preloved!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The Preloved is great, IMO. I think the Preloved allows beautiful pieces go to homes where they will be truly appreciated!

It has helped me sell my 1.79 OEC and my 2/3 eternity, both to amazing PSers. I have yet to purchase anything...but once I convince DH that my bling budget needs refilled, I definitely have my eye on something!

Thanks Andrey and Ella!! :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After the first six months I saw a drop-off in the frequency/quality of items posted. I think a lot of people destashed at the beginning and so now it's a much slower trickle.

I have bought several stones that were sold on there (all garnets, I think) and my beautiful perfect tsavorite pendant. Okay so everything I bought from preloved until last week was garnet. But last week I bought some diamond things! Posts later. I was stressed. Now I have sparkles. You know how it goes. It is much easier for me, mentally, to buy from a PSer than from, say, a random ebay person, because of the sense of trust and community.

However I have also learned to ask that things be put on hold, because if I don't check my email for an hour, the thing I want will get sold right out from under me. I naively thought (for almost a year) that if I was the first person who contacted about something, it would be unofficially held until I said I did or did not want it (this is how it goes on another forum that has a similar sale section, though transactions are dealt with through the forum and there's a feedback system like ebay's, that I buy/sell on all the time), but actually what happens is that whoever puts down the MONEY first gets it, and those of us who asked for more info/pics lose out. I've lost out on several items that way, where I was really serious about it but there weren't pictures of all the angles, or something, and I asked for more pics and by the time I checked my email and got them (often literally within an hour of it being sent), it had been sold. Which is annoying because I often am places where I can't check my email, like in meetings or fundraisers or at dinner!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting observations distracts.

Not that I really had an issue with this anyway, but it was sobering in that I do think a wee bit harder about projects and what I want. To see so many pieces that I loved (and the owner loved) start making the rounds made me think...how much bling does a gal really need?

Sacrilege, I know!! :errrr:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Pre-loved!! I think it was a great idea!

I think it's a blessing and a curse, depending on who is selling and who is buying. The comfort of a buying from a PS'er isn't necessarily the primary motivating factor for me. It's just that I am usually time challenged and someone else has done the work for me.

I have still had buyers remorse, even from PS'ers on Pre-loved. Yet, I've also been lucky enough to really love some of what I've purchased as well.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, has it been 1year already? Time sure flies.... happy 1 year preloved!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I'm glad it's around ... but do wonder if it's enabling capricious ebay purchasing. Especially considering how many "amazing finds" I'm seeing listed within a few months.

Good that it's helping folks who genuinely need the $$ though!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I really appreciate having the pre-loved section. It means that I'm purchasing from someone who has taste as fussy as my own - perhaps even more particular than mine! I've purchased a 5 stone OEC band, diamond studs for myself, and diamond studs for my SIL. I was also one who missed out on something once - to the point that I had said YES, I'll have it and it was still sold to someone else! Such is life.

I like browsing pre-loved even when I know I'm not on the market for anything new. Sometimes you don't know what you want til you see it! :bigsmile:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad it's around. I think it helped me sell the dk. I haven't bought anything off there but do check it from time to time. I'd feel comfortable buying from a pricescoper I felt like I *knew* which would provide added confidence.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many thanks to Andrey and Ella for providing PS with a preloved forum! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy we have it! I myself haven't bought anything yet, but I love ogling all the goodies. And it's great to see other posters pick up things they love and might not have gotten a chance to purchase without the forum allowing this to happen.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Put me in the happy, happy category. I absolutely love the blue spinel ring I got from FrekeChild through Preloved.
The trust factor was a big deal to me. Many thanks to Andrey and Ella.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, already?!

I haven't bought or sold anything, yet! But it's awesome to have the option now :sun:

Thanks Andrey and Ella!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The best part about it is being able to talk about DB and LT without saying "the site that must not be named" or "that site where people sell things that's not ebay". It's been great just being able to link to listings on pre-loved or on DB, LT, etc. without having to be cute about it.

Thank you PS Staff for the Preloved board. I think it's a great addition.

Also, I've decided "the ring that must not be named" gives Surfgirl's ring more mystery and attention that the subject deserves, and I for one am just going to start calling it Surfgirl's ring and when someone asks me for a picture I'll tell them that there aren't any and describe the thing. No additional details. Dead horse.

stci

Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1348519757|3273884 said:
Oh dear, has it been 1year already? Time sure flies.... happy 1 year preloved!

Ho yeah! :wink2: :mrgreen:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happyy one year, and think it's a good thing. I havent bought nor sold. But have plans on selling in the future. I would loveto sell to a PS'er. In a perfect world of course, LOL..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Andrey, Gary, Erika and Ella, the PS team!! :appl: anyone I miss?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to PS admin for preloved!! I did buy once, but haven't sold anything. I hope this is the first of many years to come. :appl: :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe it has been a year, either!! I do really appreciate it being added to the forum! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am trying to think, but I believe I have only sold one little antique ring that I loved but just wasn't wearing, and I bought a platinum DBY necklace by WhiteFlash for a great price! Oh, and I also sold my H Levi six prong setting.

I am always watching the listings but I am really at the point of only buying things I really, really want and only very high quality. I tend to wear mostly the same things all the time, so I really don't need 50 rings, for example!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are very glad that you have enjoyed the PS-Preloved section.

Thank you everyone for the appreciation.

We are looking at other wonderful features that we can bring to love in the future.

We have a wonderful team and amazing community with great ideas. :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay PS! Thank you for Preloved!

I haven't sold anything, but my little collection has definitely grown in the last year!
I definitely feel so much safer buying secondhand from a PS'er than a total stranger, and love how we can have a merry-go-round of the best quality jewelry. I totally got tickled when I found out the garnet I bought from EricaR had first belonged to Mara! :lol:

first-birthday-cupcake.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I think its a great addition also. I am more likely to buy from a fellow PSer for pre-loved item (and have).

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1348576219|3274216 said:
I think its a great addition also. I am more likely to buy from a fellow PSer for pre-loved item (and have).

PS-ers are a little bit less crazy than nonPS'ers. I have purchased from and have inquired from non-PS'ers on BTD, and they weren't the most pleasant or smooth transactions ever. I've never had issues with PS'ers.

and it def helps to feel like you "know" who you're buying from.. especially if you're sending in $$$$$$$!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1348590491|3274355 said:
bastetcat|1348576219|3274216 said:

PS-ers are a little bit less crazy than nonPS'ers. I have purchased from and have inquired from non-PS'ers on BTD, and they weren't the most pleasant or smooth transactions ever. I've never had issues with PS'ers.

and it def helps to feel like you "know" who you're buying from.. especially if you're sending in $$$$$$$!

At least we'd like to think so. :lol:

What I like about the idea of buying from PSers is that generally we are uber picky. However that means I give more consideration to a piece I *know* was meant to keep (and it was circumstances that caused a sell, or just not wearing it as much, etc.) If I felt it was a product that was "we'll see if I like it, and if I don't I can easily resell it), then PS pickiness as a benefit is FAR less of a persuasive factor.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge fan, although I'm a better buyer than seller! I'm a bit of a hoarder, so when I can't get the price I want for an item I'm selling I'm like "Eh, I'll just keep it then." That may change when I go to upgrade and get greedy though. :cheeky:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1348596677|3274419 said:
I'm a huge fan, although I'm a better buyer than seller! I'm a bit of a hoarder, so when I can't get the price I want for an item I'm selling I'm like "Eh, I'll just keep it then." That may change when I go to upgrade and get greedy though. :cheeky:

Go to upgrade WHAT? :razz:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1348597410|3274430 said:

:naughty: What else? E-ring! :halo:

ETA March is my 10 year anniversary with the hubs (dating, not marriage) and we tend to count that one more, so I conveniently used it as a great reason for an upgrade. He reluctantly agreed, seeing as how I picked out my entire e-ring myself. :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1348597767|3274433 said:

ETA March is my 10 year anniversary with the hubs (dating, not marriage) and we tend to count that one more, so I conveniently used it as a great reason for an upgrade. He reluctantly agreed, seeing as how I picked out my entire e-ring myself. :bigsmile:

ooh, for some reason I thought you weren't ever going to upgrade. Can't wait to see what you get!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1348599125|3274447 said:
thing2of2|1348597767|3274433 said:

ooh, for some reason I thought you weren't ever going to upgrade. Can't wait to see what you get!

You know I didn't think I was going to either because I really do love my e-ring, but once I got my rose cut diamond ring from JbEG I pretty much stopped wearing my e-ring. So I'm apparently ready for a change and there's no time like the present (Er...near future!) :cheeky:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
can't wait to see what you get Thing2! You always have the RH, you know! (if you don't already wear a RHR...)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results