shape
carat
color
clarity

happy new years and good riddance to 2006

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading the thread of people not really in Christmas mood for shopping this year, and I understand. Although my daughter was born this year, most of this year I am ready to say goodbye to. My boss who was amazing was battling breast cancer the entire year and died this June. Due to that I needed to wrap up projects sooner than I thought and change labs. My husband lost 3 dear grandparents in the space of 4 months (we went to a funeral a week before Christmas). And just yesterday on new year''s eve as my husband was going out the door he discovered our neighbors cat was hit and killed by a car, literally minutes before. The cat is in a box on the front porch, we still need to go over to the neigbors to break the news to him. Anyways this year is associated with alot of death. Although normally I love the Christmas season much of it seemed like trying to do too much in too little time, but trying to make it all happen for my 4 year old daughter.
Hoping for a more sane, peaceful new year.

ÊáëÞ ×ñïíéÜ!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part Gypsy - I''m sorry that 2006 was such a trying year for you. I really hope that 2007 is better for you and your family. Big hugs outgoing -- hang in there!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
gypsy I''m sorry you have had such a difficult year. This past year has been hard for me as well but in less serious ways. Sometimes we are given more than we think we can handle. I hope you have a much better 2007! And I agree, good riddance to 2006!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, 2006 is the year my dog developed a seizure disorder...
I didn''t mean to complain. It was a crazy year, some bad, but also full of some good things too.
Hoping this next year is more calm what I mean to say.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right there with ya. SOOOO glad to be leaving 2006 in the dust and looking forward to a more hopeful 2007. My mom being diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and going through chemo and a mastectomy, on top of my dad''s eye problems, DH''s job issues... I''m very glad that 2006 is now a glance in the rear view mirror. Here''s to a much better 2007!!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I wish you nothing but calm happiness this year! I''m sorry 2006 was so difficult. =(

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I''m with you! See ya 2006...........

But remember that things can always be worse....My beloved Scotty died this year and hubby developed some medical issues....so I''m all ready for the 2007!!!! Things could *always* have been worse last year!!!!

Hang in there...things are going to turn around!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for starting this thread. Man, are we ever grateful 2006 is over, gone, bye-bye!! Our year was not the best year we''ve had.

We moved three times and had 4 addresses in 2006, three in Tampa Florida and one in Raleigh, NC (actually all within 9 months).

I was laid off from my job of 15 years and that''s why we moved from Tampa to Raleigh, which meant we had to leave the beautiful condo on Tampa Bay we waited three years to be finished, to live in a cheap rented apartment with crappy corporate furniture, while our beautiful furniture is sitting in our condo in FL., to help it sell faster.

Moving almost cost us our beautiful Burmese cat, which if you''ve been reading the fitness threads, I''ve chronicled lately.

OK....that''s they year in quick review. Now, we''re in good health. I love my new job. Raleigh is actually nicer than we imagined. And we''re looking forward to buying a fantastic new condo in Raleigh as soon as we get a contract on our condo in Florida.

So, while 2006 sucked, we''re really excited about the new year and we truly believe it will be a much better year than the one just ended!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with you. 2006 was not a good year for me on the family front. My father died unexpectedly in his sleep, a month after my mum was discharged from the hospital - she was so ill we''d thought we might lose her. Since his death, mum has been in the hospital 3 more times. In fact, she was just discharged this morning, she was admitted on Friday. So...I''m really hoping that 2007 will be an uneventful and peaceful year for everyone.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I too am glad to bid 2006 farewell and am looking forward to a happier new year.

I have 5 friends (2 are twins) I''ve known since middle school and we all suffered rather tragic losses in 2006... 2 lost fathers (plane crash and lung cancer 10 months after finding it), a grandmother who was a grandmother to us all, and my uncle very unexpectadly commited suicide just a few weeks ago. Christmas this year was a true struggle for us all... I went through the motions, but can''t say I was really there.

2006 did bring some good things though... I got a new job I love, DH started grad school, my mother had a successful knee replacement and DH and I decided we would try to start our family in 2007.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for all your losses.

I am glad I had 2006; my mom was diagnosed with a large brain tumor and had brain surgery. I was very scared she would get worse or the surgery would go badly, but she is doing well (several surgery's later). It also taught me to be empathetic to others and their needs. The gift of empathy made me happy for 06 and I am looking forward to more blessings in 07.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, Rod! I wondered what in the world had happened to you! But I am very glad to here you are nearby...I am about 3 hours from you!

2006 was a bad year for us...one of our children had serious problems and I hope and pray that 2007 will be better. PriceScope was my diversion through the ups and downs, which was helpful.

I hope 2007 is a much better year for everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results