shape
carat
color
clarity

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my mom taught middle school but could not take it and opened a daycare and love it. Middle school is where kids are finding out who they are and then move onto High School. How long have you been teaching? Hope it is rewarding for you. Happy New Year enriching your students brains
emotion-15.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Happy new year everyone!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 3:29:52 PM
Author: AGBF

Happy New Year from me, too. Now would someone tell me why I am teaching middle school? This thread has plenty of room for discussion since everyone is being fairly breezy and I think that this might be a good place for me to get some reactions from people!

Before you move on, tell me why I am doing it.

And a joyous new year!

Deb
34.gif
Middle school is why we just moved. We regard it as an important time for our family to "do it right." Many thanks for all you do right.

And...with respect to the new year...here''s wishing I and all of my friends here do as right as we can with ourselves, and with each other.

Cheerful new year, everybody!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2006 4:17:41 PM
Author: Skippy123
How long have you been teaching?

I taught for three years when I was young (in my 20''s), but I taught in my field (I had a master''s degree in history) and I taught high school. The experience of working with the adolescents made me pursue an MSW so that I could be more useful talking to them in my office about what was on their minds. This past spring, however, my daughter''s school asked me if I would like to teach there in the fall. I knew I wanted to teach French, but I was supposed to have a mix of social studies and English classes in addition to that. I ended up with three English classes instead. I couldn''t sleep during August. I knew I had made a terrible, horrible mistake. I do not know how I wound up teaching English to young children! I am totally incompetent except in that I can read and write myself! Oh...and I mentioned that this was middle school? When I told them that certain words were rude, I found a list of them on my white board under the heading "Words Mrs.AGBF Doesn''t Like". Just what I wanted: to have the bad words immortalized! And, as Vonnegut says, so it goes.... ;-)

Deb
34.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Happy New Year from me, too. Now would someone tell me why I am teaching middle school? This thread has plenty of room for discussion since everyone is being fairly breezy and I think that this might be a good place for me to get some reactions from people!

Before you move on, tell me why I am doing it.

And a joyous new year!

Deb
34.gif
Because you are you and needed to give some of yourself to others.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a sparkly and healthy new year, everyone!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy New Year!!! Please stay safe everyone!!!
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Happy New Year everyone! Have fun, stay safe!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 6:17:15 PM
I knew I wanted to teach French, but I was supposed to have a mix of social studies and English classes in addition to that. I ended up with three English classes instead.
I guess winter break is about to be over. Sometimes we just get caught up in things, and a bureaucracy can only make this worse. Do you see how this might go different next year?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

This thread has plenty of room for discussion since everyone is being fairly breezy....
Did I miss some new rule to PS that says every thread has to be laden with some heavy meaning?
33.gif

Gosh, what happened to the simple joy of wishing happy new year without being monikered as "BREEZY"?????????

Sheesh.

It''s easy enough to begin your own thread that says "why am I teaching middle school", isn''t it?
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2007 2:18:38 PM
Author: aljdewey
Gosh, what happened to the simple joy of wishing happy new year without being monikered as ''BREEZY''?????????

I guess those times are over for you, Al. In the new world, someone may come along and-uh-"moniker" such a thread "breezy". I hope the pain isn''t too great. Happy New Year to you, too. ;-)

Deb
34.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 6:17:15 PM

Date: 12/31/2006 4:17:41 PM
Author: Skippy123
How long have you been teaching?

I taught for three years when I was young (in my 20''s), but I taught in my field (I had a master''s degree in history) and I taught high school. The experience of working with the adolescents made me pursue an MSW so that I could be more useful talking to them in my office about what was on their minds. This past spring, however, my daughter''s school asked me if I would like to teach there in the fall. I knew I wanted to teach French, but I was supposed to have a mix of social studies and English classes in addition to that. I ended up with three English classes instead. I couldn''t sleep during August. I knew I had made a terrible, horrible mistake. I do not know how I wound up teaching English to young children! I am totally incompetent except in that I can read and write myself! Oh...and I mentioned that this was middle school? When I told them that certain words were rude, I found a list of them on my white board under the heading ''Words Mrs.AGBF Doesn''t Like''. Just what I wanted: to have the bad words immortalized! And, as Vonnegut says, so it goes.... ;-)

Deb
34.gif
I''m sorry Deb, but that white board thing is one of the funniest things I''ve read in a long time!
17.gif
I might congratulate them for having learned what NOT to say so quickly, erase them, and then give a test to check out their memories and include spelling and grammar checks! ROFL After that, if you hear them in your class...detention!!

As someone wise and dear to me would say, "They can only get you where you aren''t healed."

My daughter is now in a version of middle school...my town has a very cool thing going...a 6th grade only middle school. They are split into 4 teams, work on organization alot, change classes, have a ton of work to do as this is that kind of competitive school district, and are encouraged through advisory periods to do their homework, go ask teachers for extra help, etc. I''m quite impressed. 11-12 is such an awkward age so they are all together. Next year it''s on to a middle school for 7th and 8th graders and then to a 4 year high school.

I say, make it fun or move to a little apartment and quit!!!!

Hugs,

lawmax
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
May this year bring peace and prosperity, health and happiness!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results