shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Hanukah!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Hanukah everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful night.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
Nice. Happy Hanukah to you also and have a great new year!!
36.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HAPPY HANUKAH, CHANUKA, HANUKA..., (i never realy knew what is the right spelling???)

But have a great "Holiday of light".

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is funny how there is SOOO many spellings!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Happy Hanukkah everyone!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Happy Hanukah everyone : ) YAY for night #2!

And there IS no wrong way to spell it... it''s a transliteration anyway!!

Aurelia

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always spelled it "Hanukkah." Does anyone else have trouble finding Hanukkah candles??? This was my first year to light my own menorah (I''ve always gone to my parents'' before) and I went to 3 places (Giant Eagle, Walgreens and Walmart) and no one carried them. It made me pretty upset considering the abundance of Christmas stuff that''s available. My mom suggested trying the local synagogues to see if they sell them, but I haven''t had a chance to do that yet.

I''m not really involved (at all) in the Jewish community here, but I was really looking forward to continuing the tradition of lighting the Hanukkah lights with FI this year.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
No. no. It''s Hanukah.
face14.gif

Depending on your neighborhood, those stores might have them.

Your local synagogue will probably give it to you for free if you just become a member.

emcrook.gif

Probably, though, they have a gift shop, and whenever you go, someone can open it up and get them for you. Call before you go...staffing will frequently appreciate it, and it may even make this transaction possible if given forewarning.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/18/2006 12:24:12 PM
Author: robbie3982
I''ve always spelled it ''Hanukkah.'' Does anyone else have trouble finding Hanukkah candles??? This was my first year to light my own menorah (I''ve always gone to my parents'' before) and I went to 3 places (Giant Eagle, Walgreens and Walmart) and no one carried them. It made me pretty upset considering the abundance of Christmas stuff that''s available. My mom suggested trying the local synagogues to see if they sell them, but I haven''t had a chance to do that yet.

I''m not really involved (at all) in the Jewish community here, but I was really looking forward to continuing the tradition of lighting the Hanukkah lights with FI this year.
Hanukiah...., a menorah has 7 candles, a hanukiah has 9 (one is the Shamash.)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve always spelled it ''Hanukkah.'' Does anyone else have trouble finding Hanukkah candles??? This was my first year to light my own menorah (I''ve always gone to my parents'' before) and I went to 3 places (Giant Eagle, Walgreens and Walmart) and no one carried them. It made me pretty upset considering the abundance of Christmas stuff that''s available. My mom suggested trying the local synagogues to see if they sell them, but I haven''t had a chance to do that yet.

I have seen them at C&B, BB&B had a ton, and target. Good luck!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 12:37:19 PM
Author: DiaGem

Hanukiah...., a menorah has 7 candles, a hanukiah has 9 (one is the Shamash.)
Wow, I''ve never heard of that before. My family''s always called it a menorah.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, chanukiah, is I think the "new" thing (new, being a relative term). Like the current Shabbat rather than Shabbas.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I just asked my Israeli cousin if she''d ever heard of it and she has obviously, but she said she''s never heard an American use the word before.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
awww. . .happy hanukah :) night #4. hope you''ve all done your exercises this past month. because nows the time to enjoooooy!!!!!!!!! yay for latkes and sour cream, bimuelos, and all things fried. mmmmmmmm. drool :) love you girls.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
While we''re on the subject of "relatively" new traditions, tomorrow is the 6th night of Hanukah, where, in some circles, it''s a tradition to not so much get a gift, but to give back. More here.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Where I grew up and use to live I could buy candles anywhere. Grocery store, hallmark store. Anywhere. Where I live now, they are really hard to find if not impossible. So I buy thim online (along with chocolate gelt for my kids :) )

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always spelled it ''Hanukkah.'' Does anyone else have trouble finding Hanukkah candles???
Robbie...I''ve always gotten mine from either Pier One or Vons/Albertsons....they always seem to have them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results