shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Family :)

merbear1215

Rough_Rock
If any one has read some of my previous posts, you know that my future in-laws and I are very different and they have been fairly awful throughout the whole of the relationship.

But some amazing things have happened!! A few weeks ago I kind of put my foot down with fmil and said enough was enough. I wasn't sure how that would go over...but it turns out she got the message. Our parents met for the first time this weekend and they seemed to get along OK. His mom expressed intererest in contributing something for the wedding (which she never has before). Our parents got along well. My mom gave her some framed engagement pictures and she said she was so happy to finally have some pictures of me in the house.

And earlier in the week, his sister had been angry that she never got her invite and knew nothing about the wedding. So I wrote her an email (we have never had contact before just the two of us) and I apologized for her not receiving the invite but gave her all the info on the wedding stuff and invited her to mani's and pedi's the day before. And she responded so warmly, said thanks for reaching out, that she had always wanted a sister.

I feel so HAPPY. All this stuff with his family, I just felt like they hated me and I was nervous for what they would do at the wedding, how the families would get along. Anyway, I feel so good right now. It all went so well!!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad everything is working out!!! It seems like both you and his family were able to drop whatever was bothering you/them and see what is really important, welcoming you into the family. It's good to hear about good family relations around weddings!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great to hear that things are working out!!

Sometimes nice, thoughtful people say and do hurtful and thoughtless things - I'm glad the communication continued, and as nkarma said you're now being welcomed into the family :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results