shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Earth Day!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The goal is to do a little something extra for mother earth today, even if it means changing a light bulb or heading over to the recycling center. Our company passed out these cute coffee mugs so that we can stop using the cups they provide.

Here''s a little history on Earth Day:

On April 22, 1970 20 million Americans took to the streets, parks, and auditoriums to demonstrate for a healthy, sustainable environment. Thousands of colleges and universities organized protests against the deterioration of the environment.

Earth Day 1970 achieved a rare political alignment, enlisting support from Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor, city slickers and farmers, tycoons and labor leaders. The first Earth Day led to the creation of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the passage of the Clean Air, Clean Water, and Endangered Species acts.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Happy Earth Day! Today is also my mom''s birthday! So far we''re planning to purchase recycled tin foil today, I''ve recycled a water bottle to use as a vase for some flowers a local bank took around to everyone, I''m having organic all natural squash for lunch grown locally. My other plans for the day include planting a tree we just got, as well as some vegetables and flowers, celebrating mom''s bday, and hunting down ideas for going green over the next year. I purchased three more bags from Publix so will no longer go without bags for my groceries, I now have enough for a whole trip.

Over the past year, we''ve taken to eating local foods, especially vegetables and fruits (easy access), and eggs and fish. There''s a local farm that produces organic milk from their own cows that I''m looking into as well. We''re also working on a vegetable and fruit garden for me, I have enjoyed plotting it out and we''ll be planting our starter plants this weekend. Over the next year I really hope to become more energy efficient and really go green in a lot of areas. I think it is very important to preserve the environment.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!! i''m a total tree hugger so every day is earth day!
12.gif

I am loving the fact that it''s becomming the "in" thing to go green!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:16:13 AM
Author: Namaste
YAY!! i''m a total tree hugger so every day is earth day!
12.gif

I am loving the fact that it''s becomming the ''in'' thing to go green!
True!
My three year old said it was the Earth''s birthday
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results