shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Australia Day!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To all our PriceScope Aussies (including myself!) - Happy Australia Day!

Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are one and free;
We've golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history's page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia Fair.
Advance Australia Fair.

Aussie flag.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Australia Day!!!❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To all our PriceScope Aussies (including myself!) - Happy Australia Day!

Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are one and free;
We've golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history's page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.
Advance Australia Fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia Fair.
Advance Australia Fair.

Aussie flag.jpeg

NZ and Australia will always be my first homes. Even if I call America home now, I do miss them.
I'll join you and sing to this ::)

Edit - It's been two decades since I sang this out loud, probably. Yet I still know all the words... And all the words to all all five verses of the NZ anthem, in English and Maori. Just like we sang in primary school assembly every week. Isn't it funny how some things can stay with you for a lifetime?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Australia Day!! One of the health services I work for let employees nominate a day off in lieu of today - to keep people from protesting about "invasion" day. Everyone is upset about something.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
NZ and Australia will always be my first homes. Even if I call America home now, I do miss them.
I'll join you and sing to this ::)

Edit - It's been two decades since I sang this out loud, probably. Yet I still know all the words... And all the words to all all five verses of the NZ anthem, in English and Maori. Just like we sang in primary school assembly every week. Isn't it funny how some things can stay with you for a lifetime?

Ive always thought the Australian one was so beautiful
I sing it for the rugby/netball/cricket but i need the words
Ive always liked some of the other less well none verses of our one - we only sung 3 verses at school and none in Maori in those days

I love the American one too

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Australia Day!! One of the health services I work for let employees nominate a day off in lieu of today - to keep people from protesting about "invasion" day. Everyone is upset about something.

FFS
You gotta just perservere

They could take clean up Australia day (im assuming you have one) and get out and pick up rubbish

Waitangi day is getting better and better here every year, we hardly have protests some years
Families get out and enjoy the sun and entertainment a lot of towns and cities put on

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, I adore Chris Hemsworth. Thank you Australia. Have a happy day!

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive always thought the Australian one was so beautiful
I sing it for the rugby/netball/cricket but i need the words
Ive always liked some of the other less well none verses of our one - we only sung 3 verses at school and none in Maori in those days

I love the American one too

Oh I feel like it was always a good fifteen, twenty minutes of singing, getting through all of that slowly enough that everyone could keep up :bigsmile:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Great weather in Sydney today for it. Hot hot hot.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I feel like it was always a good fifteen, twenty minutes of singing, getting through all of that slowly enough that everyone could keep up :bigsmile:

Its pretty tough on adolescent boys and All Blacks

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very hot here in Sydney, staying indoor with the Air Con on. The garden will need another good soaking tonight. Unfortunately the automatic watering system out front is less effective as everything grew and the watering system out back hasn’t been replaced since Arya dug it up and chomped it in various places. When it comes on it makes a hissing sound so she figured it needed “killing”. Sigh.
And yes, I think we should change the Day to something else even though we should all just celebrate it as a day for all Australians to be Australians. I’m just being respectful of those, the original peoples.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Australia Day!

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, very hot here in Sydney, staying indoor with the Air Con on. The garden will need another good soaking tonight. Unfortunately the automatic watering system out front is less effective as everything grew and the watering system out back hasn’t been replaced since Arya dug it up and chomped it in various places. When it comes on it makes a hissing sound so she figured it needed “killing”. Sigh.
And yes, I think we should change the Day to something else even though we should all just celebrate it as a day for all Australians to be Australians. I’m just being respectful of those, the original peoples.

I think Waitangi day used to be called NZ day
In a generation we seem to have reclaimed 6th Feb as a good national day

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Australia Day!!!!

Just finished hosting our Australia day gathering (5 guests only as per rules).

In true Aussie spirit it is stinking hot and my kid is having a nuddy swim in the pool.

I served Jap chae, bulgogi, lasagne and garlic bread despite my Viet roots which is very much in the spirit of being Australian I think!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Australia Day fellow Aussies! We had a great day celebrating with friends - beautiful weather, lots of beer and wine, tons of food, kids everywhere, and ending the day singing You're The Voice at the top one of our lungs. Such a treat for the neighbours! :bigsmile:

My heart is full.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
australiakoalas.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh so sorry I missed this yesterday! Australians are the BEST! here's to a country that is beautiful, exotic, great food, and most of all great people! xo

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh so sorry I missed this yesterday! Australians are the BEST! here's to a country that is beautiful, exotic, great food, and most of all great people! xo

Plus they have the best neighbours

Attachments

• TvTq8Du6SjQkc6P8UIGTJRxhDz5dcZ2h9Q8aZ1lYoV4.png
    TvTq8Du6SjQkc6P8UIGTJRxhDz5dcZ2h9Q8aZ1lYoV4.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 14

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The raspberry lamingtons are totally the best!! I like to buy the small ones because the ratio of coconut and icing to sponge is better then the big boofy cream filled ones.
Happy Australia Day neighbours! I hope we can come visit youse all soon!

I like these ones
0085244788.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that a Lamington? Looks like a typical Scottish cream doughnut!! We island folk clearly have the same taste in cake.

Its a long lsmington usually sold at supermarket bakeries so its sponge based
Great for office work shouts because you can slice it up into quite a few pieces

I feel like one now soooooo bad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results