shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Musia, I noticed that your children both played musical instruments when they were young. My daughter did, too. Her mental illness put a stop to her ability to practice when she got older, but she played many instruments before then, the main one being the cello. Do your children still play?

Yes, they both are teachers. Son has DMA degree (Doctor of Musical Arts) from Northwestern University, daughter doesn't have any degree in music, but she teaches violin since she was 17 or 18y.o. Very sorry to hear about your daughter's health problems, she must be very talented since she played many instruments. My son couldn't possibly learn how to play cello or violin, but daughter is a natural violinist. She started as pianist but then switched to violin at age of 8.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
No. We have got a rescue who was described as a Lab mix. He looks like a yellow Lab, bu we did his DNA and it explained a lot about his behavior. He is part yellow Lab; part American Staffordshire; and part toy fox terrier. His hating other dogs is explained by the Staffordshire in him. The digging of holes and incessant barking is explained by the fox terrier. They dig out foxes and bark to protect themselves. But when we first got him he broke down my fence and bit two other dogs. He barked at everything while in the yard and the neighbors heard him throwing himself against the windows inside my house barking at everything that went by from inside.He was the smallest dog I ever had (only 80 pounds) but I couldn't walk him, even after we completed puppy obedience got a bloody nose and class and had a private trainer come once a week. He was too strong and if he got attracted to something, he pulled me. I had a serious fall while walking him in which I fell on my face on the asphalt without breaking it with my hands and broke my glasses and mouth.

I had told the rescue organization I would foster him while we found the right home. He was so active that he needed a family where someone would hike miles every day with him. His was boundless. My vet said he was "a machine gun" and called my former dog (a huge Newfoundland) "an old musket" in comparison. But no good person or family appeared and Hero was very young. He loved to cuddle. He was very sweet with us. We fell in love with him, although our neighbors did not. We decided to keep him. I have, now, read on Pricescope about other people who end up keeping all the dogs they foster.

Hero came to us with a huge scar on his head and a problem with his right rear leg. No one knows the origin. Our vet thinks he may have been hit on his right rear flank by a car and then skidded on the asphalt on his head. He may have been burned or caught in a trap or used in a dog fight, but that scar was terrible.

He has mellowed a great deal. Now he sometimes falls asleep by our fence and lets everyone go by him. He is no longer a puppy. And the neighbor who yelled at me because her daughter was terrified of him was the one who had my daughter over at her house (outdoors) last night.

HeroNovember2019.jpg

A recent photo of Hero.

You know, YOU are a real hero! I can't describe what I feel knowing what kind of doggie you had rescued and now provide him a loving home and family, and a happy life.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are both teachers. Son has DMA degree (Doctor of Musical Arts) from Northwestern University, daughter doesn't have any degree in music, but she teaches violin since she was 17 or 18y.o. Very sorry to hear about your daughter's health problems, she must be very talented since she played many instruments. My son couldn't possibly learn how to play cello or violin, but daughter is a natural violinist. She started as pianist but then switched to violin at age of 8.

You are truly blessed, Musia. However, I suspect that you played a large role in nurturing the innate abilities of your children. Children do not grow up to be accomplished musicians on their own!

I am not at all musical myself. I can sing, but I cannot play any instrument except the piano. (Right hand only, I forgot the left hand.) When I drove my daughter to music camp as a young child (our town had free daily all day music camp) in a carpool with two other girls each girl played a different instruments. My daughter played cello; one girl played violin; one girl played viola. At camp during the day they traded instruments and each could play the two other girls' instruments. When you are young you can learn so easily.

Once again: kudos to you, Musia, for raising not one, but two musicians!

Deb :wavey:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@AGBF thank you Deb for your kind words. I afraid your fur baby was used as a dog fighting bait pup. This may explain also the problem with his leg. He is one of the luckiest doggies in the whole Universe now after being adopted by you. Once again, you are a real hero!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF thank you Deb for your kind words. I afraid your fur baby was used as a dog fighting bait pup. This may explain also the problem with his leg. He is one of the luckiest doggies in the whole Universe now after being adopted by you. Once again, you are a real hero!

Thank you very much. :)) He is a great dog.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fireworks in California were illegal!!! https://www.bitchute.com/video/L7IhTP8RirjX/ But many citizens didn't obey.

Some are in Connecticut and others are not. After you posted this, Matt told me he set off more firecrackers down at the docks where he was fishing last night. (He fishes to sell bait to a store and also traps eels.) Someone called 911 and the police came. They checked out all his firecrackers. All had been bought legally at a Connecticut grocery store (Acme), so all were within the law. Therefore the police let him set them off, staying to enjoy some of them with him. Heck, it was the 4th of July. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results