shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4th of July, have a good day, whatever you have planned.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4th of july cat 5.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8E5ACC09-D4F1-4004-8672-AF54B2AA8D4F.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe July Fourth ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy 4th neighbors!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this picture. Says it all.. Bless America, bless all of us people... live and love.

8E5ACC09-D4F1-4004-8672-AF54B2AA8D4F.jpeg

Hope everyone is enjoying a fun and safe July Fourth ❤

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first one in ages with no Ribfest or fireworks a block from my home. Happy 4th! BDB9FDB7-37E7-4F57-87DC-2D50FF31BB10.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could watch the movie "1776". I know I own it but I don't know where it is and I don't feel like watching it alone, either. My daughter and her fiancé and going to grill on the deck and then go down the street to set off fireworks with some neighbors who started to hate us when we adopted Hero. I am glad things have mellowed out with those neighbors and I do not think there will be too much crowding. We are sending two people and they are a small family.

It's already getting dark. Happy 4th everyone.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
The independence Day in 1998 was our very first great holiday in the US, one months since we had arrived in Raleigh, NC. Kids and I didn't speak any English. One good American (not Russian, not Ukrainian) family invited us to their home for celebration. Son turned 13 the next day, daughter was 11. I was 33. IMG_1934 (2).JPG IMG_1935 (2).JPG IMG_1936 (2).JPG IMG_1937 (2).JPG

Last edited:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
07CF0872-C8D3-42DD-A8F7-2470B0FE8B97.gif
A neighbor put on some fireworks that we watched from our deck. Not our usual 4th but I’ll take it this year!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have people on 3 sides setting off fireworks started around 8 and still going at 10:40.
Its a huge tradition for many to make a trip to Wisconsin and come back with a trunk full of fireworks including rockets.
Often multiple families will go in on a load.
Whats funny is a bunch of them are illegal in Wisconsin for a consumer to own there but are legal to sell to people from out of state.
Looks like covid did not stop many.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have people on 3 sides setting off fireworks started around 8 and still going at 10:40.
Its a huge tradition for many to make a trip to Wisconsin and come back with a trunk full of fireworks including rockets.
Often multiple families will go in on a load.
Whats funny is a bunch of them are illegal in Wisconsin for a consumer to own but are legal to sell to people from out of state.
Looks like covid did not stop many.

Matt and Whitney went down the street with what Whitney called the "wimpy" fireworks we can buy in Connecticut. Matt set those off. But the neighbors had "big ones" they had brought back from Myrtle Beach. They had fun.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
when we adopted Hero.

some neighbors who started to hate us when we adopted Hero.

Sounds like you also have a GSD. One angry neighbor wrought about us on Nextdoor 3 years ago. And yes, we always pick after our poochie:D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you also have a GSD. One angry neighbor wrought about us on Nextdoor 3 years ago. And yes, we always pick after our poochie:D

No. We have got a rescue who was described as a Lab mix. He looks like a yellow Lab, bu we did his DNA and it explained a lot about his behavior. He is part yellow Lab; part American Staffordshire; and part toy fox terrier. His hating other dogs is explained by the Staffordshire in him. The digging of holes and incessant barking is explained by the fox terrier. They dig out foxes and bark to protect themselves. But when we first got him he broke down my fence and bit two other dogs. He barked at everything while in the yard and the neighbors heard him throwing himself against the windows inside my house barking at everything that went by from inside.He was the smallest dog I ever had (only 80 pounds) but I couldn't walk him, even after we completed puppy obedience got a bloody nose and class and had a private trainer come once a week. He was too strong and if he got attracted to something, he pulled me. I had a serious fall while walking him in which I fell on my face on the asphalt without breaking it with my hands and broke my glasses and mouth.

I had told the rescue organization I would foster him while we found the right home. He was so active that he needed a family where someone would hike miles every day with him. His was boundless. My vet said he was "a machine gun" and called my former dog (a huge Newfoundland) "an old musket" in comparison. But no good person or family appeared and Hero was very young. He loved to cuddle. He was very sweet with us. We fell in love with him, although our neighbors did not. We decided to keep him. I have, now, read on Pricescope about other people who end up keeping all the dogs they foster.

Hero came to us with a huge scar on his head and a problem with his right rear leg. No one knows the origin. Our vet thinks he may have been hit on his right rear flank by a car and then skidded on the asphalt on his head. He may have been burned or caught in a trap or used in a dog fight, but that scar was terrible.

He has mellowed a great deal. Now he sometimes falls asleep by our fence and lets everyone go by him. He is no longer a puppy. And the neighbor who yelled at me because her daughter was terrified of him was the one who had my daughter over at her house (outdoors) last night.

HeroNovember2019.jpg

A recent photo of Hero.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1593942318751.png

This is Hero (with my daughter) the first day he came home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated 4th everyone! Because there were several BOGO deals on fireworks everywhere down here, people got started early. Thankfully as Lucky ages, she cares a wee bit less about the fireworks if they're far away from the house. However yesterday there were thunderboomers AND fireworks which stresses me out (yeah she could feel that)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Musia, I noticed that your children both played musical instruments when they were young. My daughter did, too. Her mental illness put a stop to her ability to practice when she got older, but she played many instruments before then, the main one being the cello. Do your children still play?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results