shape
carat
color
clarity

"Handmade paper"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone know where I can find this or what it may be called other than "handmade paper"? It''s very texturized paper that seems to (or does) have pressed flowers within the paper itself. It looks really pretty to me when there is some sort of vellum overlay and I''ve seen this kind of paper alot in diy kits at Michaels etc but I can''t seem to find it alone on paper-source or paper and more.com.

Perhaps I dont'' have the correct terminology? Any suggetions?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
did you check out micheal''s or hobby lobby?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Not exactly sure what you''re looking for, but I found this. They have alot of different designs.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t remember the website exactly, but try petalpaper.com, or petalpress.com,

or, do a google search on handmade paper, i know i''ve come across so many of these sites, but can''t remember them

niku414

Rough_Rock
I don''t know about right now -- but COSTCO had a ''sale'' of these "handmade paper" which were BEAUTIFUL about two weeks ago -- i bought a whole bunch cuz they were like 14.39 for 75 pieces :) They have different packages --- some where for everyday occasions, bridal, valentines, etc... (think there were 4-5 different themes) so ...check our your closest costco :)

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It is SO easy to do yourself and costs next to nothing, if you are up for it. I make paper all the time for journals and stuff because it is a fun project and something you and FI can do together on the weekend. The only other handmade paper I have seen are at places like Tabula Rasa and it''s really expensive.

*M*

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI, it is hard to print on handmade paper with a lot of printers. I would test it first.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a site that carries a bunch of different ones.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the DIY invitation kits at Target a couple of months ago that had pressed flowers in paper with the vellum overlay that you would print onto (and I *think* it also included ribbon to put the paper and vellum together with). My friends used these kits a couple of years ago for their wedding invites and they looked nice.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
http://handmade-paper.us/

This is where I bought my paper for my invites from -- They have tons of beautiful handmade papers from all around the world and my order was perfect with super fast shipping --

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 11:09:07 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
FYI, it is hard to print on handmade paper with a lot of printers. I would test it first.
I hadn''t thought of this but I can see how it would be a problem. It''s quite think and uneven. Well, I don''t know that I''ll have to worry about it now......online, FI liked handmade paper but when we went to see them in person, he didn''t like them
7.gif
Bummer.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Printers are tricky. The standard lore is that inkjets need somewhat absorbant paper as the ink is a liquid and needs to wick in, so it does better with wrinkly textured paper. Lasers basically use a powder ink that is ironed onto the page from the roller, so they work better with non-absorbant papers such as some of the plasticy metallics and not as well with wrinkly papers that woln''t have good transfer from the roller. But there is some wiggle room and you really have to try them out. I was trying to print on some smooth metallic envelopes, and the ironing action of the laser just ironed creases into the front of them from the paper layers on the back of the envelope, in addition to that this particular laser ate about every other envelope because it jammed. The inkjet, while the color was not as intense, did fine, no ironing no jamming, neat letters. So. Try first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results