Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Handling the Wait

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
199
I know a TON of you are in the same or similar bought as me. Lately, I have been horrible at this waiting game!!!! In August we went ring shopping and started the custom process. During the first days of October we went back because of complications with the custom (the jeweler couldn't successfully make it). We figured it out and the custom was again started. I am so inpatient now and I allow myself to get so discouraged because of how long I have been waiting! What is harder is the diamond was an heirloom stone that his grandmother gave us in June. This diamond has been sitting in the safe since then. I snooped today, hoping to see the diamond gone or at least replaced with a different box, no luck! I know I am driving myself crazy and I shouldn't have even looked. I also have no idea how those of you that know the ring is in the house handles this!!

To add to things, my BF told me last week that he is going to mess with me and do a bunch of "romantic" things so I will never know when it is coming. That is great but it gets my hopes up every time and lets me down every time!!! I enjoy each evening and all of my time with him but hate this!!!

Thanks for letting me rant. I know there are so many similar posts to this, I just wanted to share mine!

How does every one handle this waiting time?!
 

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
48
Hello, well my ring has been in the house for over a month now, but I know it's not gonna happen before November due to us both travelling (at separate times). I haven't looked at the ring at all, it's my choice =) Since we chose the diamond and the setting together (well I did :lol:) I want it to be sort of a surprise for me when I do finally get it.
I am handling it well now, with anticipation :twirl: But I do get where you are coming from. There were times when it was really hard for me to handle, when I felt like it was never going to happen. And didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, it will happen and it will be even more special after all this waiting and anticipation :wink2:
xx
 

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
199
Had there been a different box in the safe, I wouldn't have looked. I don't want to see the ring before I receive it. I already know what its going to be because I did pick it out with him. I also don't look at the pictures of the setting online. I give you credit for being patient with it being there. I know it will happen for me before Christmas because we live far from our family and we want to share the news when we go home. It is just hard not knowing when!
 

shootingstar

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
48
Oh I believe you! The reason why I don't want to see it is the fact that I did see the ring finished (had to check it :lol:), so I want it to be at least sort of new to me when I do receive it. Since I already saw it at the jewellers! :twirl:
xx
 

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jul 13, 2011
Messages
98
I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!! We started looking at rings in July and finally settled on a diamond and a custom setting at the end of August. I knew when he bought the ring, but I wasn't sure when it was actually completed and brought home. I actually found it about 3 weeks ago. I figured he would propose on my birthday, while in NYC or on our anniversary (Oct 3, 10 or 17th)..none of which happened!!! He recently told me that he wants it to be intimate and a suprise, which is why he hasn't done it yet because I was expecting it at those times (ugh..I hate that he knows me so well lol). Anyway, I know that it's hard to wait..TRUST ME..but that's all we can do at this point. They want to make it special for us, so we have to let them. But, I will tell you that I do snoop every once and awhile because I love looking at it! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
 

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
38
My ring is being made right now and I've gathered from BF's hints that I'll get it in December...I'm going CRAZY. I've snooped (bad idea) and ask him pretty much every day if it's done yet. I know I'm driving him nuts. Heh.
 

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
199
OrchidVee|1319293577|3045380 said:
I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!! We started looking at rings in July and finally settled on a diamond and a custom setting at the end of August. I knew when he bought the ring, but I wasn't sure when it was actually completed and brought home. I actually found it about 3 weeks ago. I figured he would propose on my birthday, while in NYC or on our anniversary (Oct 3, 10 or 17th)..none of which happened!!! He recently told me that he wants it to be intimate and a suprise, which is why he hasn't done it yet because I was expecting it at those times (ugh..I hate that he knows me so well lol). Anyway, I know that it's hard to wait..TRUST ME..but that's all we can do at this point. They want to make it special for us, so we have to let them. But, I will tell you that I do snoop every once and awhile because I love looking at it! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I almost wish I had the ring just so I can know it turned out right! Not that I doubt my BF or anything. I hate that feeling of thinking it may happen but then not happen. I told my BF that I will appreciate the surprise and pretty much no matter what he does will surprise me. I also told him that whenever he takes me some where or takes me out to a nice dinner the thought of a proposal will cross my mind (thats just how my mind works). It is SO hard to let them make it special for us haha and I feel horrible saying it. I have a feeling my BF will not bring the ring home bc he knows I will look for it haha. I hope both of our times come soon!!!
 

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
199
delta_loves_alpha|1319295259|3045397 said:
My ring is being made right now and I've gathered from BF's hints that I'll get it in December...I'm going CRAZY. I've snooped (bad idea) and ask him pretty much every day if it's done yet. I know I'm driving him nuts. Heh.
YAY! It sounds like you are at the same point I am in this. The ring is in the process and I know before Christmas. My birthday is at the beginning of December, so it is a possibility. I have also mentioned 11/11/11 as a fun date for something special (I mentioned this months/maybe years ago), so maybe then too. I am clueless as to when though. I ask a lot too and he says that he is more tempted to push it back for the surprise element if I continue to ask, haha, such a meanie! I am driving my BF nuts too! Hopefully we will both be sharing soon!!!
 

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
38
jlp86|1319334985|3045696 said:
delta_loves_alpha|1319295259|3045397 said:
My ring is being made right now and I've gathered from BF's hints that I'll get it in December...I'm going CRAZY. I've snooped (bad idea) and ask him pretty much every day if it's done yet. I know I'm driving him nuts. Heh.
YAY! It sounds like you are at the same point I am in this. The ring is in the process and I know before Christmas. My birthday is at the beginning of December, so it is a possibility. I have also mentioned 11/11/11 as a fun date for something special (I mentioned this months/maybe years ago), so maybe then too. I am clueless as to when though. I ask a lot too and he says that he is more tempted to push it back for the surprise element if I continue to ask, haha, such a meanie! I am driving my BF nuts too! Hopefully we will both be sharing soon!!!

OMG 11/11/11 is soon!! December is though, too! My bday is mid-December, and I'm pretty sure it will be after that. We're traveling to see my family for Christmas though, and it sure would be nice to have some bling to show off.... ;-)

Hang in there!! You'll have your ring before you know it!
 

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
199
delta_loves_alpha|1319392512|3045969 said:
jlp86|1319334985|3045696 said:
delta_loves_alpha|1319295259|3045397 said:
My ring is being made right now and I've gathered from BF's hints that I'll get it in December...I'm going CRAZY. I've snooped (bad idea) and ask him pretty much every day if it's done yet. I know I'm driving him nuts. Heh.
YAY! It sounds like you are at the same point I am in this. The ring is in the process and I know before Christmas. My birthday is at the beginning of December, so it is a possibility. I have also mentioned 11/11/11 as a fun date for something special (I mentioned this months/maybe years ago), so maybe then too. I am clueless as to when though. I ask a lot too and he says that he is more tempted to push it back for the surprise element if I continue to ask, haha, such a meanie! I am driving my BF nuts too! Hopefully we will both be sharing soon!!!

OMG 11/11/11 is soon!! December is though, too! My bday is mid-December, and I'm pretty sure it will be after that. We're traveling to see my family for Christmas though, and it sure would be nice to have some bling to show off.... ;-)

Hang in there!! You'll have your ring before you know it!
I am not sure if he even remembers me saying 11/11/11 but I am that type of person who always points out the time at 11:11 and such (I am a dork :) ) Maybe you will have a ring before Christmas too!!! I wish us both luck and maybe we will be posting some bling soon!!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top