shape
carat
color
clarity

Hand selected

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Do you love this term! Hand Selected.

I have seen this on a website that this diamond was "hand” selected by or staff.

If you knew the person or staff they have no gemological back grounds or education!

Before buying do more background on who you buying the diamond from and not the product. This person can only be as honest as his education on a diamond.

If you asked people on what their education is you would be surprised on how many just have a high school diploma in this industry.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/18/2004 9:26:51 AM Iceman wrote:

If you asked people on what their education is you would be surprised on how many just have a high school diploma in this industry.

----------------

Is there any diploma that certifies experience handling ideal cut diamonds? I would not trust any of my colleagues picking up a diamond, even if most are ridiculeously overeducated. A little math, a dash of optics and some immagination, can help understanding those tutorials/ cut studies and industry reports, but this does not a diamond expert make, unless I am wrong (and so is my motto below). If I am not wrong, that theory is taught in highschool (at least in mine was). The next ten years of school didn't help as much
sad.gif
Usually whoever I mention Pricescope to is surprised that any research at all goes into gem cutting aside tradition.

Maybe some postgraduate degree would help communicate experience better, but I wouldn't want my jeweler to have a PhD instead of his thirty years runing a jewelry shop... Both? No idea. What are the odds to meet such an individual (outside PS) ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results