shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo settings - durability differences in band types?

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I am currently trawling the Internet for many hours a day looking at halos and have noticed the vast majority have shank shoulders that reach up to the halo, vs a head that is attached via a peg to the band or at one small point (I hope I am explaining myself ok). Is there a reason for this? I prefer the look of the peg ones but am wondering if the shoulder design is for more than aesthetics?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
the shoulder design helps protect the head from twisting, bending, or being sheared off because it attaches the head in more places and things like clothing slide over it more easily which helps protect the head from damage.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that - is there a reason halos vs solitaires are more likely to use this design? Are they at particular risk due to more surface area plus less solid metal?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shellcm|1446021502|3942927 said:
Thanks for that - is there a reason halos vs solitaires are more likely to use this design? Are they at particular risk due to more surface area plus less solid metal?

A little bit yes, but also when they are attached only at one point underneath you often tend to get a "flying saucer" look going on with the ring, which many people don't like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results