shape
carat
color
clarity

Halloween Decorations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
What do you do for Halloween? Do you go all out? Or nothing at all? We have spiderwebs with spiders up, a trick or treat sign on the door, and jack o lanterns so far. We''re going to get more eventually.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh i love halloween decor! we usually do a little halloween gtg. i spray painted these fancy candelabras a rich black and use drippy black candles. i usually change out pictures for halloween stuff. last year i framed huge black crow silhouettes. we hang up spider webs + spiders everywhere. we also put out feathery crows. oh, and pumpkins. and serve halloween themed wine. those are always fun to look for!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Up to now I have not really decorated the house for holidays but as soon as we are in the new house I hope to go crazy!
19.gif

But, is it not early to have decorations up for Halloween?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:15:19 PM
Author: Steel
Up to now I have not really decorated the house for holidays but as soon as we are in the new house I hope to go crazy!
19.gif

But, is it not early to have decorations up for Halloween?
Not in my opinion. Once the hot weather is gone, so is summer--so bring on fall!! Not to mention it''s late September already.

I love Halloween and Fall themed decor in general, and I love bringing out my decorations and enjoying them for a full season before tucking them away again for the next 10 months. It puts me in a spirit. I get excited about the changing weather, the prospect of Christmas...those things give me something to look forward to.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we kinda go all out... we have adult size monsters with sensors that go off, graveyards skeleton bones and headstones, candy dish with bloody arm with sensors... Lots of sensor stuff, spider webs, and strobe lights. For the door, we have a spider sensor that falls on you when you knock on the door. We'll be adding some goblins that fly down and what not hopefully this year and a good fog machine for sure. Its been fun for the neighbors. Some little ones get scared, but the other kids get a kick out of it. yippee!!! can't wait to start decorating again!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not so much for Halloween, but I like to put some things up for fall. Tho really, our kitchen and living room are kind of fall-ish anyway, with the colors. It''s our favorite season. I make JD go out to my grandparents corn fields and cut down corn stalks to put around this big metal thing in front of our house and then we get a bunch of pumpkins. This year I think I''ll have Dad get me some hay bales too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We put out decorations on the 1st of October. Kind of clashes with the birthday parties we hold this month (three of them!), but I love to put out candles and Halloween nicknacks like ghost cookie jars and handblown glass pumpkins.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I stick to more "fall"-type decorations than Halloween specifically. I do a fall leaf wreath on the front door, acorn vase fillers, pumpkins, etc. That way I can keep all of the decorations up through Thanksgiving. On Halloween I do put out a few extra decorations that are specific to the holiday, like cobwebs, Halloween-themed candleholders, etc.

I tend to go more all-out for Christmas. The bummer about all of the holiday decorating is that when you take the decorations down, the house looks so bare.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love seasonal decor!

I just put up my fall decorations since yesterday marked the first day of fall. (Yay!)

I put up my Halloween decorations the second week of October. I have spooky candlesticks and such for the table in our foyer, a black cat for the front door, that sort of thing. Aw, forget it. A picture is much easier, isn''t it? Here''s a collage of our Halloween pictures from last year.

HavensHalloween08Collage.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably just do cobwebs and jack-o-lanterns, but I really want to make a sign for just outside of my front door (we have a screw in the wall that I''m guessing is meant for seasonal decor) that says, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last year, we got a motion-sensor ghoul/skeleton who lights up, rattles, and shakes when someone walks by. It''s terrifying - even I kinda jump when I see it stored in the basement. We usually put out pumpkins, too, and I have an autumn-themed wreath.

SDL - Funny you should call Halloween a "major" holiday. I''ve never thought of Halloween as a major, so I guess I''ve always thought of all the crazy decoration as a bit silly. But I love decorating for Christmas, so I totally agree what others have said that it''s fun to decorate for Halloween in anticipation of getting to decorate for Christmas.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute decorations, Haven. Where did you get the candelabra in the fourth photo? It kinda reminds me of a set I got from Illuminations. I''ll post photos when I unpack my holiday stuff (in a few weeks!).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t decorate or anything, but it''s fun to give candy out and see everyone''s costumes. I hate dressing up, so we usually try to decline any Halloween parties we''re invited to, or if we go, I just wear regular clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results