shape
carat
color
clarity

Half Up, Wavy Hair pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I need some help--I am looking for photos of brides (or anyone) with their half up in loose waves. I want the whole thing to be pretty loose--not poofed up on top. A lot like the Jessica Simpson look. I am having trouble finding good inspirations pics so I thought I''d turn to Ps! Many many thanks!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
i''m doing something like this...

weddinghair2142.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My hairstyle was half-up and in loose curls:

recessional51009.jpg

It fell out and became stringy really fast, so I actually don''t recommend it if you have fine/oily hair like mine.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Here is the best pic I have of mine so far. My hair is naturally wavy and really thick so my curls lasted all night and the next day. My hair stylist just pulled each side back and pinned them down with bobby pins. I didn''t have any other hair pins and I only wore my veil for the ceremony and pics. HTH!

rachiewedhair1.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 2:18:54 PM
Author: Rachie
Here is the best pic I have of mine so far. My hair is naturally wavy and really thick so my curls lasted all night and the next day. My hair stylist just pulled each side back and pinned them down with bobby pins. I didn't have any other hair pins and I only wore my veil for the ceremony and pics. HTH!
Gorgeous pic
30.gif

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
Here is the best pic I have of mine so far. My hair is naturally wavy and really thick so my curls lasted all night and the next day. My hair stylist just pulled each side back and pinned them down with bobby pins. I didn''t have any other hair pins and I only wore my veil for the ceremony and pics. HTH!
Thanks all! Rachie, did they use a curling iron or just your natural waves? My hair is also wavy but I sort of feel like straightening it and then using an iron might be best? Thanks!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 1:49:10 PM
Author: jstarfireb

It fell out and became stringy really fast, so I actually don''t recommend it if you have fine/oily hair like mine.
Looks gorgeous, hon! My hair is the same, but I plan on using hair extensions to keep mine from getting stringy--at least, that''s the plan. But your hair was beautiful!
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, gwendolyn! Too bad it didn''t *stay* gorgeous. Extensions would have been a great addition, or even just more hair spray. I thought my stylist used enough, but apparently not!

I hate the thinness of my hair - every product I use has "thickening" or "volumizing" plastered all over it. And none of it helps.
8.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos I used for inspiration

131115232main_Full.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 4:24:25 PM
Author: nyc7782

Here is the best pic I have of mine so far. My hair is naturally wavy and really thick so my curls lasted all night and the next day. My hair stylist just pulled each side back and pinned them down with bobby pins. I didn't have any other hair pins and I only wore my veil for the ceremony and pics. HTH!

Thanks all! Rachie, did they use a curling iron or just your natural waves? My hair is also wavy but I sort of feel like straightening it and then using an iron might be best? Thanks!

He curled it with a curling iron. I washed it first thing in the morning and partly dried it with a diffuser and then let it air dry the rest of the way so it was wavy when he curled it. When he did the trial, he had just cut my hair so we weren't sure if it would stay but it lasted all day and the next just fine so I knew that it would be good even if I washed it that morning. Let me know if you have any more questions! I'm happy to help!
1.gif

ETA: He used this hair spray for styling my hair. It was really light and never made my hair crunchy or sticky. This was the only product that he put into my hair.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 4:26:00 PM
Author: gwendolyn

It fell out and became stringy really fast, so I actually don't recommend it if you have fine/oily hair like mine.
Looks gorgeous, hon! My hair is the same, but I plan on using hair extensions to keep mine from getting stringy--at least, that's the plan. But your hair was beautiful!
1.gif
Gwen - have you used hair extensions before?? If not, I'd definitely try them out well before the big day. I personally wouldn't use them but then I don't like false nails, false hair, false eyelashes... but that's just me. I want to look like me on my big day and I know my FI likes my hair/make up as it is and he doesn't like 'false stuff'. Anyway enough about me....
2.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve found a half up /down pic for you to consider...

Hairstyle 2jpg.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 9:58:08 AM
Author: Londongirl1
I''ve found a half up /down pic for you to consider...
And another.....

why-choose-me-3jpg.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 9:53:51 AM
Author: Londongirl1

Date: 9/4/2009 4:26:00 PM
Author: gwendolyn

It fell out and became stringy really fast, so I actually don't recommend it if you have fine/oily hair like mine.
Looks gorgeous, hon! My hair is the same, but I plan on using hair extensions to keep mine from getting stringy--at least, that's the plan. But your hair was beautiful!
1.gif
Gwen - have you used hair extensions before?? If not, I'd definitely try them out well before the big day. I personally wouldn't use them but then I don't like false nails, false hair, false eyelashes... but that's just me. I want to look like me on my big day and I know my FI likes my hair/make up as it is and he doesn't like 'false stuff'. Anyway enough about me....
2.gif
That is funny. I very badly wanted extensions for length and fullness but DH vetoed the idea. He hated the idea of me wearing fake/somebody's hair when we wed. But I did have fab false lashes...
11.gif

ETA: As far as wedding style's go, I loved J.Simpson's do. Do you have the length to have a copy of her style?

ETA2: I loved the clips too.....
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
These clips, I mean....

bjguguffjujhbkh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results