shape
carat
color
clarity

Half eternity with 10 pointers by ID Jewelry

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Here are some of the pictures taken by Luann of my new half eternity - 10 stones, .10 each, size 6.75 in 14k white gold.. I have not had the ring shipped to me yet because I asked for "surprise" stones and I am a little unsure about what I got, I sent an email about it and will probably hear back tomorrow. It looks like it is set very low, which is what I really wanted

KR08207XD200-011.jpg

KR08207XD200-013%20(1).jpg

KR08207XD200-012.jpg

KR08207XD200-015.jpg

KR08207XD200-009.jpg
I really don't get it.

IMG_0316-1.jpg
my engagement ring, for reference :)

1284766192564.jpg

Input??

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
What exactly are you unsure about? It appears that they set surprise stones inside the band. If it's not what you wanted, you should definitely have it fixed.
Beautiful ring though!!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
They did set surprise stones inside the band, they appear to be (and anyone else correct me if I'm wrong!) pink sapphires! It's quite lovely, enjoy! ::)

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
I am just unsure about how surprise stones are supposed to be set.. the one on the left (aquamarine) seems to have small metal beads at the north-south-east-west points, and the one on the right (ruby) seems fine.. The wedding band though looks great and I can't wait to get it!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Looks amazing! :love: Not sure why the aquamarine is set differently...look forward to hearing about the rationale!

pixies

Shiny_Rock
I wonder if they set the aquamarine like that because it is a soft stone... It might be a lower stress way of setting a stone in a band as opposed to burnishing it in the band. I could be wrong though, just a wild guess!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks beautiful and I cant wait to see hand pics because that is similar to what I *think* I am looking for and I wear
a size 7 which is also close to your size. Great timing!

Maybe you could ask them to bead set the little ruby to match the aquamarine...or just leave them a lone. One could be a
boy setting and the other could be a girl setting (if that makes sense?)

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I would guess it has to do with the softness of the aquamarine as well- I was looking into having a surprise aquamarine in my reset (along with 2 other stones) and 2 vendors said they couldn't do that particular stone because it was too soft/delicate. I would ask them to make the ruby match so they both look the same, though.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, probably because they made me a similar one months ago. They do nice work! Enjoy it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
pixies|1313476637|2991761 said:
I wonder if they set the aquamarine like that because it is a soft stone... It might be a lower stress way of setting a stone in a band as opposed to burnishing it in the band. I could be wrong though, just a wild guess!

This would be my guess as well.

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Thank you everybody :) I am very very very excited to get the ring! Luann said that due to the softness of the aquamarine it had to be set that way, so I am going to call Yekutiel in a bit and ask him to do the same to the ruby if he can, just so they can kind of match. I can't wait to get it!

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Just got off the phone with Yekutiel.. he is going to have them add the small little beads around the ruby to match. Cant wait to get this ring! Its going to be super hard trying to keep it off my finger for the next 6 months until i get married!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
whitneyc|1313530726|2992144 said:
Just got off the phone with Yekutiel.. he is going to have them add the small little beads around the ruby to match. Cant wait to get this ring! Its going to be super hard trying to keep it off my finger for the next 6 months until i get married!

Glad you were able to solve the problem.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Love your new band! I really like how low it sits. Can't wait to see more pics once you receive it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new half eternity band looks beautiful and should be a great compliment to your lovely solitaire. Looking forward to more pictures after you receive it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I think your rings will look great together.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is really pretty. Please post pictures when you get the band.

My engagement ring looks like yours and I am considering getting a band like that too!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you worked it out, and I love how you customized your band!

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Its here :) I have some cell phone shots for now!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

IMAG0581-1.jpg

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. Do you mind sharing your ring size? I asked ID for a quote for the same band but I'm worried the stone sizes will overpower my engagement ring :???: . My engagement ring has a center stone smaller than yours (1.22 ct) and my ring size is 4.5. Want to see if I can get an idea of how they'll look together proportionally. Thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love it too! Gorgeous!

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
my ring size is 6.75 and my solitaire is 1.55ct, the ring is delicate, yet substantial. I was really afraid of it "taking away" as well, but in real life it really complements it perfectly.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
whitneyc|1314404884|3000981 said:
my ring size is 6.75 and my solitaire is 1.55ct, the ring is delicate, yet substantial. I was really afraid of it "taking away" as well, but in real life it really complements it perfectly.

Thank you for your reply!!! Sorry I am about to ask a million questions because I'm seriously considering getting this too. Do you mind answering a few more questions as Luann has become non-responsive after our initial email exchange (I read your previous post and you experienced the same thing ;( ) and I don't want to bother her again until I've made up my mind.
-Approximately what's the width of the band?
-Do you feel this is "PS quality" as they state? Is it super sparkly and the stones are bright? Luann said the stones are F/G SI1 quality.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I love your set, it is just beautiful! And I also like your mani...Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
OCgirl|1314409738|3001071 said:
whitneyc|1314404884|3000981 said:

Thank you for your reply!!! Sorry I am about to ask a million questions because I'm seriously considering getting this too. Do you mind answering a few more questions as Luann has become non-responsive after our initial email exchange (I read your previous post and you experienced the same thing ;( ) and I don't want to bother her again until I've made up my mind.
-Approximately what's the width of the band?
-Do you feel this is "PS quality" as they state? Is it super sparkly and the stones are bright? Luann said the stones are F/G SI1 quality.

Thats okay! Ask away! I am an honest answerer :)

My experience.... CALL YEKUTIEL. Luann was not of much help until after everything was decided for and made, but Yekutiel makes you feel confident everything will be perfect, he really treats you like you are family. I do not have enough kind words for Yekutiel, and i have let him know how I feel about Luann, he told me to only deal with him directly.

The width is just under 3 mm. I expected it to look more wide in real life and thats what really made me nervous about it overpowering my solitaire.. but as you can see next to my 2mm solitaire, it isnt that big of a width difference between the two, but it is enough to make the band substancial enough on its own (at least to me!)

The stones are nice, I cant tell a color difference between my solitaire, which is an I color, but they are stated to be F/G. They are sparkly, i was getting tons of fire just looking at them inside my kitchen!!

Overall, the quality for the price is outstanding :)

whitneyc

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone :) I am so very excited and it is going to be a loooooooong wait until March!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful W-band! It goes perfectly with your e-ring! I am glad that you were able to have the surprise stones set so that you are happy with them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results