shape
carat
color
clarity

Half eternity ring with 0.6 pointers- which setting?

Jetharisl

Rough_Rock
Hi all, Long time lurker first time poster here. I 'm after some design advice please. I have just collected my half eternity band from my jeweller. Its a six stone, 0.6 per stone band (tcw 3.63) I had it set in four prongs but had my heart set on shared.I also don't love how the four prong makes the rounds look more square. I'm getting used to the prongs in between my fingers but do you think a shared prong is a bad idea security wise? I would hate to loose a stone. Thank you.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, Long time lurker first time poster here. I 'm after some design advice please. I have just collected my half eternity band from my jeweller. Its a six stone, 0.6 per stone band (tcw 3.63) I had it set in four prongs but had my heart set on shared.I also don't love how the four prong makes the rounds look more square. I'm getting used to the prongs in between my fingers but do you think a shared prong is a bad idea security wise? I would hate to loose a stone. Thank you.

A lot of PSers have shared prong bands (granted not .6 stones). 4 prongs per stone is safer but thats why I have insurance, in case I lose one.
If you want to self-insure then maybe better to stick with 4 prongs? Do you have any pictures? That would be helpful.

Jetharisl

Rough_Rock
A lot of PSers have shared prong bands (granted not .6 stones). 4 prongs per stone is safer but thats why I have insurance, in case I lose one.
If you want to self-insure then maybe better to stick with 4 prongs? Do you have any pictures? That would be helpful.

thanks Tyty thank you so much for your reply. Here’s a pic. I love the ring but the stones do extend in between my fingers. I’m wondering whether a shared claw would be more comfortable and also show the rounds better than the four claw which makes them look a little square. I’ve attached a pic :) another option is to resize for the middle finger? 5D6FA9AE-DED3-4CA7-BBE5-B87ECA14E0C6.jpeg

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
They don't look square to me. I can see how the position of the prongs appears "boxed out" if you will, but there's no denying the roundness of your diamonds. I think because your stones are a bit on the larger side they don't get too lost in the prongs. It looks very pretty and definitely round. But if it is bothering your fingers then perhaps another type of setting might be in order.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have it rebuilt I wonder if you should drop down to 5 stones to keep them from going between your fingers. Your prongs are pretty small
and I dont really get that "square" feeling but its what you think that matters. You can do shared prongs and have the prongs pushed in towards
the center so you get more of a scalloped look from the round stones.

I do love that Norah band that @molecule posted but not sure if it would solve your problem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results