shape
carat
color
clarity

Hairy Fingers

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Haha. So, what do you do about them? I shave it because I use a razor daily anyway and I'm lazy.

Also, I have heard if you have hair on your toes and it goes away, it is a sign that you have poor circulation. True or false? (I don't know).

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you are dealing with this but take heart. I never had hair on my fingers or toes but omg I had the hairiest arms. Somehow, IDK exactly when, (it was way before menopause that I know) my arm hair disappeared! So now they are hairless. Just waiting for my leg hair to go away too though they are less hairy too. I used to shave my legs daily and now I shave once a week or twice a month. I mean it is slow growing hair on the legs now.

Turns out toe hair is a good thing @seaurchin :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didin't get hair on my toes until after 45 years of age. I have no idea what that means...lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didin't get hair on my toes until after 45 years of age. I have no idea what that means...lol

Could it be related to BHRT?
I am only about 6 weeks in but I am not (yet) on testosterone. Could it be related to that?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally had hairy fingers, and was definitely embarrassed by them. I chose laser hair removal. After 4 treatments, 6 weeks apart, no more hairy fingers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally had hairy fingers, and was definitely embarrassed by them. I chose laser hair removal. After 4 treatments, 6 weeks apart, no more hairy fingers.

Wow that's a great way to take care of that. One two three four DONE. :)

While we are talking about hair I hate my sideburns. LOL I have always had hairy sideburns and never did anything about it just because I was afraid to touch the hair on my face.
And here is a gratuitous bling pic to show my hairy sideburns haha. Luckily bling distracts from things I do not care for. :wink2:

OECdanglesincar2020.png

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's a great way to take care of that. One two three four DONE. :)

While we are talking about hair I hate my sideburns. LOL I have always had hairy sideburns and never did anything about it just because I was afraid to touch the hair on my face.
And here is a gratuitous bling pic to show my hairy sideburns haha. Luckily bling distracts from things I do not care for. :wink2:

OECdanglesincar2020.png

I also had laser hair removal on my face. It truly was one of the best things I ever did for myself. It really improved my self esteem. If you decide to go that route, I would recommend only having it done by a board certified plastic surgeon. I've heard some horror stories involving spas.

I understand that it bothers you, but to me, it just looks like part of your hair line. You look lovely, and your earrings are divine.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When Melanie first had cancer she was amazed by the total hair loss from chemo
i remember her saying even toe hair :-o

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People vary.
Some consider lots of hair to be sexy, others not so much.

Then there is the accepting what is natural thing.
Companies make trillions of dollars getting us to hate and be ashamed of what is natural about us.

Invent a problem, convince people they have it, then sell em the solution you've also invented.
That's a cornerstone of capitalism and all religions.

Most people are sheep and fall for it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never noticed the hair on my fingers until I started taking pictures of my rings and posting them. Then I looked at them and thought all the PS folk fingers look so smooth and here I am giving my ring a wig.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never noticed the hair on my fingers until I started taking pictures of my rings and posting them. Then I looked at them and thought all the PS folk fingers look so smooth and here I am giving my ring a wig.

Every one has them unless they are so bothered by them they lazered them off
In your normal life i promise you no one is going around looking at the hair on the back of our fingers and certainly not in close up like a cell phone pic

I sware to God i never even was aware i had hair on the back of my fingers until PS

But humans are mammals
Its just the way nature made us
Would we rather have scales like a crocodile or a fish or feathers like a bird ?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very fine blonde hair on my fingers & toes, but like @missy I had dark, coarse gorilla hair on my arms & legs from puberty. I used to apply a bleach to my forearms & sit for 30 minutes trying not to spread it, and shaved my legs every day. My arm hair is at least 75% less coarse now I'm in my 40's & during the summer months it completely turns blonde. My legs are still really hairy but again, less dark as I've aged, so I shave now maybe one or twice a week.

After my pregnancies I was left with a line of dark hair from my belly button downwards, so bought a Phillips Lumiere Intense Pulsed Light gadget a few years later, sick of shaving it & feeling itchy. I used it every 2 weeks for about 5 months, which was about 6 years ago now & it's never grown back.

Might try it on my newly sprouting random chin hairs :lol:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I'm lucky that I have no finger hair at all, not even one! Trouble is, I am growing them on my upper lip instead!:shock:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it has more to do with ethnicity. I’m blonde and have white/ light hair on my arms, no toe hair and almost no finger hair. No sideburns, no mustache. Just chin hair, sigh. Menopause.
I read yesterday hair problems are more common in East Indian and Latinex women.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday i was emptying out my phone's gallary as im almost full and i found a hairy close up of a ring stack
im thinking i hope i didn't post that :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I had hairy fingers and arms as a teen. Not a lot , but the hairs were long and dark (I'm Asian). I was told never to shave them, so I plucked the hairs off my fingers with tweezers, and yanked the hair off of my arms with my bare fingers (that is how long my arm hairs were!).

Anyhoo, I don't think they ever grew back. I have fairly hairless fingers and arms now, and the few hairs I have left are really fine or blond!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On close up, the little hairs can be seen, otherwise hardly noticeable (I love that accidental cat face!).

DK :))

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually, having or not having hair on your fingers is a genetic trait. It's primarily Mendelian (dominant vs recessive) in nature. It's one of the traits we survey in Bio class with students. They always get a kick out of finding out what characteristics they and their classmates possess.

There's some weird things that are determined by your genes. For example--cross your arms. Left or right on the top? Clasp your hands together. Which thumb goes on top? Is your second toe longer than your big toe? Are your earlobes u-shaped (unattached) or do they kind of slope down towards your neck (attached)? All of these are genetically determined by (most likely) single genes. Kind of fun and interesting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results