shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Trial and Final Fitting - Lots of pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the flurry of posts, but with two weeks left there is a lot going on! Things that have been in the works for a year are suddenly coming together!!!

First up, today I had a hair trial. Well, sort of a trial. My gal here did it and we took lots of photos. I''ll bring the pictures with me to Mexico and hopefully we can replicate it there. I asked to keep things very beachy and informal, loose so that if the wind blew it around it wouldn''t matter too much. We tried a few up-dos but none really seemed to work well with my hair. Sooooo, this is what we did.

ericarhairnoveil1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You look so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Other side

ericarhairnoveil4.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are those the purple pins?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Yep, we used the purple pins AND the little cheap clear ones I got at Claire''s.

From the back.

ericarhairnoveil2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Lovelovelovelovelove your hair!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit slow at this because I keep having to hide my computer when Ken comes over!

This is the top of the back. It is sort of a loose bun.

ericarhairnoveil3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell him to GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because need more pics!!!!!!!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
With the veil:

ericarhairside1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Freke - those hair pictures look great!! And Ken definitely needs to go away and leave you alone so you can post more pics for us picture junkies
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Your veil looks great too!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to keep Ken away! Actually, I just picked up the computer and went into the bedroom to keep him from snooping.

ericarhairside2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. So I love your highlights. And you''re always complaining about your hair and how much of a mess it is. I think it''s gorgeous. So shut up already.

3.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, Ken decided that he would try and peek no matter where I hid. Not because he wants to see but because he wants to annoy the crap out of me. BAD boy!

And Freke - I love my highlights too. My gal is pricey but she does good work.
1.gif
Although sometimes it seems like you are stalking me across the site. Maybe you are just trying to figure out where I get my hair done???

This is one of the few photos of me that I like!

ericarhair1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like pictures. So sue me.

Besides. I need wedding **** to get me over this stupid conversation with the dumb owner of the jewelry store I went to today.

Your eyebrows look much better btw.

And you look so sweet and innocent in that last pic. You really look more like this:
11.gif

12.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 8:46:43 PM
Author: FrekeChild

And you look so sweet and innocent in that last pic. You really look more like this:
11.gif

12.gif

I hid my devil horns under the veil!

Ok, onto the dress shop. The alterations lady was soooo intimidated by my camera. She didn''t "get" that she had to look through the viewfinder and not at the screen on the back. Next time I know someone else will be using my camera I''ll bring my point and shoot, not the DSLR. So forgive my chopped off head! And by now I had removed all the fancy hairpins and shaken my hair out - this was two or three hours after the hair appointment.

ericarfinaldress1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew it!

You look beautiful!!!!! I''m envious of your hourglass shape in that dress.

Seriously stunning....

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwwww, thanks. I''m sort of self conscious of my chubby arms, but I am in good shape (hello 20+ mile hikes in a single day) and I feel better in my body than ever.

Last photo. Right above where my hands are you can see there is a small line of beads. They go around the whole dress, and they match the beads I added to my veil. Speaking of the veil, I probably spent 15 or 20 hours working on it and I''m glad I "test drove" it today. I found a few places where the beads need some reinforcement so I can do that before we leave.

ericarfinaldress2.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the back of your hair, the pins, and the veil and with the dress it is perfect. I can just see you, hair blowing on the beach and FI so excited! Have a beautiful wedding!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No matter what Ken says, the beading on the veil looks awesome. Want me to kick him (again) for you?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is what I call a beautiful bride! Your dress is perfect for your beach wedding! I LOVE the half up half down hair! Very gorgeous Erica!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That dress looks perfect on you! I love it all!

Stunning bride!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Erica, you''re so gorgeous! That hair looks amazing, the veil is perfect! And the dress is absolutely fantastic for a DW. I love it all - what a stunning bride!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
WOWEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look stunning!!!!
36.gif

Your hair - perfect! Your dress - perfect! Your veil - perfect. Honestly, the whole combo is just, well perfect. You look so beautiful, I am in love with your dress. And I might just have to sneaky copy your hair too
11.gif

Ken is going to drop dead at the sight of you!!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
You guys are all so sweet! I''m blushing! I felt a bit narcissistic posting all these photos but decided to get over it and just post them.

9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Erica you look GORGEOUS - the dress, the hair, the veil, everything is divine
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks fabulous!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 9:56:21 PM
Author: EricaR
You guys are all so sweet! I''m blushing! I felt a bit narcissistic posting all these photos but decided to get over it and just post them.

9.gif
Oh whatever!!!! Narcissistic my butt.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 1:04:16 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Oh whatever!!!! Narcissistic my butt.

What?! Your butt is narcissistic? What a talented butt!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results