shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Suggestions - Up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

So I had a hair trial a few months ago, but I have booked another one. I''m going to the same stylist as she was super nice and I don''t think skill is an issue, but now I''m thinking of maybe wearing my hair in a different way.

I''ll put a few options and maybe you can let me know what you think? I''d do a poll, but I don''t know how!

Okay first, here is my dress:

mine%20mine%20finally%20had%20the%20moment%20mine.JPG

i%20love%20it%20i%20love%20it%20back%20shot%202434.JPG

And here is a pic from my first trial:

october2008brides%20front%20pictures.JPG

october2008brides%20back%20hair%20pic.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here are some other options I was thinking:

katherine-mcphee-weddingpictures-7.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Or this:

looser style of hair pulled back.jpg

canadian_bling

Rough_Rock
I would do down for that dress if you have a hairdresser that you really trust to give you a hairstyle that will hold and as voluminous as Katherine McPhee''s. If you take any outdoor pictures, it may get pretty messy if you don''t have enough hairspray, gel, glue. hehe...

Putting it up is always a nice option but I find that it would definately need a sparkly necklace as it would look a little bare.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a knottie who wore the same dress and wore her hair down...

knottie with her hair down wearing adored.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Oops that was super small.

Anyways - here are the options:

1. Back in a sleek, low set bun.

2. Back in a bit of a more natural bun (like the blonde picture above)

3. Down with curly/waves like Katherine McPhee (she actually had two styles - side pony for the ceremony, and down for the reception)

4. Anything else you suggest.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Note that I will wear either a cathedral length veil or a drop veil.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
up - i really like your first trial pics

don''t really like the look of the last picture and i think the picture with the hair down is ok but not special looking.

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Definitely up but the less structed version - option #2. I think that would look awesome!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What time of year and where is your wedding? I think the weather is an important factor to consider - temperature as well as possibilities of wind and/or rain.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 2:26:18 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
What time of year and where is your wedding? I think the weather is an important factor to consider - temperature as well as possibilities of wind and/or rain.
It is in October - so it could be either hot and humid, or rainy and cool. Last year it was 30 degrees (hot hot hot) but you never know in October.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You look fantastic in that dress. What a stunning choice. Whatever you choose will be Just gorgeous! If its hot, I'd do it up to get it off your neck...or stay somewhere cool if you want it down.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your dress is gorgeous!!

I really like an updo with this dress like your first pic, but perhaps a bit looser in the front. Whatever you do you will look beautiful!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Could you do a half up, half down option? Kind of the best of both styles?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
With the veil on, I love it up, so I think if you are going to wear your veil for the reception you should keep it up. But if you are taking your veil off, maybe down or half up/down would be more dramatic.

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
Dress is just lovely....and the back is very nice and also detailed. I would say a loose up-do so that you don''t distract from the beautiful back of the gown

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the picture you posted from your first trial. I think that style would look gorgeous with your dress.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I love the harstyle you have already picked. It is sophisticated and put together like your dress. The down hair is very plain and looks like what I did myself for prom. The other updo is nice, but it does seem too loose for the dress style you have picked and I don''t think it would work really well with the type of hair you seem to have, which is straighter and shinnier and less prone to hold the waves.

Also, with how you described the weather, I think down is not going to look terribly appealing by the end, even if it is perfect for the ceremony. If you really want it that way, maybe a half back so the hair has some structure but is more flowy.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Up! I think if you''re going to wear a dress that shows off your back, then show off your back. Don''t hide the top of it with hair and break up the beautiful lines you have. That dress to me screams, "Hair up!"

I actually really like the style you already have. It''s very similar to what I had though, so I am biased. But, I will say, I LOVED having my hair that day the day of. Whenever I have my hair down/half down, I''m always like, "hmmmm....how much of it should be in front of my shoulders" or, "I wonder if the curl has fallen out on one side" or "I wonder if it''s too much in my face" every time I am photographed (I''m camera shy though, so I worry about things). With the updo, you don''t have to worry about anything because it looks good the whole night no matter what (as long as it''s pinned up tightly enough). Plus if it rains or anything, it stays put and is unaffected by the humidity. Low updos to me generally tend to look pretty from all angles. You won''t wonder, "wow, what''s my hair doing in that picture?" when you go back through your proofs because it will stay the same the whole day. (Unless a curl or something falls out, but you can get your stylist to show one of your BMs how to do emergency hair surgery just in case.)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to lean towards up, taking everything into consideration. I might loosen it a TINY bit around your face, and maybe make the back a little more sleek and simple, but that''s mostly because I think that would reflect the style of the dress a little better.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input! So it seems that most of you are thinking that my first trial was pretty close. Hmm...I do like the idea of going a little simpler in the back and a tad softer in the front though.

Thanks again, and if anyone else has any suggestions, I''ll take''em!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Normally, I''d say down if you have the length for it and if it''s cool outside. With the dress being so gorgeous in the back (and you have a really pretty back) the up-do would be gorgeous. That picture you have is the style I went for also. It''s hard to replicate!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
What about something like this?

786ea5dfcd89cfc55602baf5c03d40d1_m.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 7:11:01 PM
Author: Fancy605
Up! I think if you''re going to wear a dress that shows off your back, then show off your back. Don''t hide the top of it with hair and break up the beautiful lines you have. That dress to me screams, ''Hair up!''
Ditto!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, i like that last one...i liked your trial, too, though...i have to say, i generally don''t like updos because they''re kind of prim and proper to me, but you have great hair for one, and covering the back of that dress just seems wrong! it''s just so pretty, and you look beautiful in it! i personally like the way katharine mcphee did a loose updo for the ceremony then took it down later, but perhaps that''s because i''m indecisive, and in her case, she kind of never really made a decision, haha.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 10:22:10 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Up! I think if you''re going to wear a dress that shows off your back, then show off your back. Don''t hide the top of it with hair and break up the beautiful lines you have. That dress to me screams, ''Hair up!''

Ditto!

Thritto!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
What about a loose ponytail with it curled and down your back a little? I''m not sure how long your hair is, but I think that would look fantastic.

Here is a pic of what I was thinking....i think the point of this picture is to show a style that can be worn up (maybe for the ceremony with a veil) and then taken down (for the reception, with no veil?)

SplitDecision_190.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 9:10:55 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Date: 6/5/2008 10:22:10 AM

Author: gwendolyn

Up! I think if you're going to wear a dress that shows off your back, then show off your back. Don't hide the top of it with hair and break up the beautiful lines you have. That dress to me screams, 'Hair up!'

Ditto!

Thritto!

Is fouritto a word? Fritto? Hmm, I'm getting hungry thinking of Fritos....oops, I digress. Okay, I ditto Fancy's thritto
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results