shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair salon/day spa in Northern Virginia????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Yoo hoo! NoVA ladies!!!

Where do y''all get your hair/nails/color done at? Im desperate for a haircut and manicure.

Im in Woodbridge but will travel for a good place with nice atmosphere!

THANKS!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Do you happen to have curly hair? Elie Elie, right next to the Nordstroms at Tyson''s Corner, specializes in cutting curly hair. I don''t actually live in NoVa, but my parents still do and I try to make sure to get my hair cut there when I''m visiting. I haven''t paid that much attention to what they do to the straight-haired gals, but I''d imagine that they''d do a good job.

I''m sorry to say that I can''t help you too much with manicures.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The Sugar House in Olde Town Alexandria is very nice. I have been a couple times and have been happy every time, although my purse is always a lot lighter afterwards. The last time i went i got the best color job EVER.

If you want to travel south to Fredericksburg:

Harpley Hair (800 Sophia Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401, 540-899-7747) is nice. No frills, but the women are good and the shop is cute. My mom has been going to Charlene forever and one of the other girls (Debbie?) did my hair for my wedding.

Ambiance Day Spa is nice too. Never had a hair cut there, but mani/pedis are nice.

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
If you don't mind driving into the city, I highly recommend Okyo in Georgetown for a haircut.
36.gif
My stylist is Guven and my friends refer to him as the hair guru.
2.gif
I have gotten the best haircuts that I have ever had at Okyo. I have lived in a lot of big cities around the world, and used to have my hair cut by the director of creative cutting at the Vidal Sassoon academy in London, but Okyo is hands-down, the best.

A friend of mine discovered Okyo after she had gotten a really bad cut
39.gif
(yes, it was a mullet) at a chi-chi salon in Seattle where she was visiting her parents. In desperation, we called everyone we knew and an old college friend gave us the name of this particular salon. She drove the 3 1/2 hours (we lived in S. VA at the time) and returned with FABULOUS hair. Not only did he fix her mullet, but she got compliments almost daily, and it grew out beautifully. In my mind, a short cut that still looks great while it's growing out is a really great cut.

Before I moved to DC, I would drive from S. VA and even Delaware to have my hair cut there! Obviously, much easier now, and totally worth it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results