shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair/Make up Suggestions NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!
Had my epic session yesterday (yay!) and my photographer (who I LOOOOVE) said that I should really book my hair/mu people b/c they get snatched up really quickly around here. So, I guess I''ve got to get on that. I thought I had so much more time for this part.

Anyway, wondering if anybody has suggestions for hair/mu artists in NYC. I''ll need them to come to the hotel, rather than me go to a salon for picture purposes. I''ll also have a bridal party/some family that I''ll need them to work on. Any thoughts?

Also, is it too early for a trial for a 7/31 wedding? I don''t want to book anyone until I''ve had my trial.

Thanks in advance!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I used Stacy Pitt from Stylesonb.com Love her. She cuts my hair regularly. She traveled for my wedding and did myself plus 8 girls and stayed through my pictures.

Sally Duvall for makeup. I used her for my b pics. She''s pricey but amazing and fast

For my wedding I used Dorothy from Pretty Bird Bridal. She will come to the city. Her prices are great and her airbrush is flawless. She also does hair.

Mia from Bridal Lounge. People like her work, I''ve never worked with her. She does both hair and makeup.

Pedella sisters both do hair and makeup. PSer Dani used one or both of them I believe.

I would book asap. I booked Stacy and Dorothy for my September wedding last October.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Definitely not too early...I booked mine in May!!!
9.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
em1...so funny...my photog recommended Stacey Pitt and Sally Duvall to me yesterday! Can I ask you a few questions about them? How long did it take for her to do all 8 girls? I''m in the middle of trying to figure out all of the logistics of the day! Also...I''m probably not going for an updo, do you think that Stacey is more of an updo stylist or is she good at down/half up styles too? I know a couple of people who worked with the Pedala sisters and I''ve reached out to them. I think you have to put a deposit down before the trial though which makes me nervous! I''ll look into Dorothy too...you looked beautiful in your pics.

pp....you are a champ at planning. i have this vision of myself scrambling around the weeks before my wedding and you''ll be lounging on a beach chair relaxing b/c you''ve planned it all in advance! you are too good.

ok, i''m motivated to get this done now.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Thanks marlie :) We have 270 days before we marry our loves, so I think you''re good! It''s still 269 too many lol!!!
Let us know who you decide to use. But I def agree with em1; m/up and hair tends to book up really fast.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 12:33:00 PM
Author: marlie
em1...so funny...my photog recommended Stacey Pitt and Sally Duvall to me yesterday! Can I ask you a few questions about them? How long did it take for her to do all 8 girls? I''m in the middle of trying to figure out all of the logistics of the day! Also...I''m probably not going for an updo, do you think that Stacey is more of an updo stylist or is she good at down/half up styles too? I know a couple of people who worked with the Pedala sisters and I''ve reached out to them. I think you have to put a deposit down before the trial though which makes me nervous! I''ll look into Dorothy too...you looked beautiful in your pics.

pp....you are a champ at planning. i have this vision of myself scrambling around the weeks before my wedding and you''ll be lounging on a beach chair relaxing b/c you''ve planned it all in advance! you are too good.

ok, i''m motivated to get this done now.
Stacy gives a schedule depending on how many people and she bakes in some extra time. She said that updo''s take longer. We started at 6:30am and were done by 11:00am. That was 7 girls, my mom, and me, for a total of 9 people. She sets everyones hair first and then does the updo''s based on who wants what done. Take a look at her site for examples of what she can do. Half up, half down isn''t that complicated and there is only so much you can do. None of my girls wanted that so I don''t have anything to base it off of style wise other than what is on her site.

I would have used Sally for the wedding but she travels from NJ and since I got married 2 hours north of the city her day rate was more than I wanted to pay. I actually thought my day of makeup was better than the makeup Sally did for my b-pics however I wasn''t impressed with my trial I had with Dorothy. I think I gave really good feedback or I caught dorothy on a bad day because my makeup the day of the wedding was far and above my trial makeup with her.

Who is your photographer? Your photog really should help you plan the day of depending on where you need to be and what kind of pictures you want. I changed my schedule up until the day of.

Stacy was the most organized and on time out of all my vendors. I was talking to another bride this morning about Stacy and one thing I will say is that the day of you won''t have to worry about her.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks em1.

My photographer is Danny Weiss. He''s awesome and a big help. He''s sort of been giving me a timeline so I know when to have everyone ready etc. I reached out to Stacy and Sally via their websites so hopefully I''ll get a response. If not, I''ll reach out by phone. Haven''t been able to do that at work today though. So great that you loved working with Stacy. Danny was saying that she''s very relaxed and great to have around on a wedding day. I can''t believe she did 9 people in 4.5 hours. that''s great.

I reached out to the Pedala sisters too. They are slightly more $$ and I think (from the pics on the site) I prefer Stacy''s work. Do you think I should do trials with both? That''s the kind of stuff I can''t figure out. I feel like it''s so early to be doing the trial but I guess not!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 4:33:59 PM
Thanks em1.

My photographer is Danny Weiss. He''s awesome and a big help. He''s sort of been giving me a timeline so I know when to have everyone ready etc. I reached out to Stacy and Sally via their websites so hopefully I''ll get a response. If not, I''ll reach out by phone. Haven''t been able to do that at work today though. So great that you loved working with Stacy. Danny was saying that she''s very relaxed and great to have around on a wedding day. I can''t believe she did 9 people in 4.5 hours. that''s great.

I reached out to the Pedala sisters too. They are slightly more $$ and I think (from the pics on the site) I prefer Stacy''s work. Do you think I should do trials with both? That''s the kind of stuff I can''t figure out. I feel like it''s so early to be doing the trial but I guess not!
Trials are expensive so I think you should do what you can afford. I liked Stacy on my first trial so I booked her. My hair the day of my wedding changed so much from my first trial with Stacy because my ideas changed. I actually did a test run (another trial) with her a few weeks before the wedding to finalize my style. See, my hair was really long and heavy and my biggest concern was that it would stay up all day. I think I mentioned this but Stacy is also my regular sylist now. She chopped my hair right after we got back from our honeymoon. Heck, my husband even goes to her to get his hair cut now. We both love her and her prices are amazing for this area. She was really fast and the styles all looked great. He hair is more modern and unexpected and that is what I wanted.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve got me so excited to meet Stacy now. She emailed me back and seems really cool. I am going to set up a trial with her soon. She still has my wedding date available! Yay! I''ll keep you posted.

I noticed on her site that her hair cuts/blow outs are really reasonable. I currently go to Ali at the Roy Teeluck salon for haircuts and they are wayyy expensive. More than I''d ever like to admit I spend on haircuts that nobody ever notices! I always love the cuts i get though. They always look great and grow out nicely. I didn''t even bother to look into them for wedding day hair b/c I know it''d be a small fortune for me and the bridal party.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 9:06:13 PM
You''ve got me so excited to meet Stacy now. She emailed me back and seems really cool. I am going to set up a trial with her soon. She still has my wedding date available! Yay! I''ll keep you posted.

I noticed on her site that her hair cuts/blow outs are really reasonable. I currently go to Ali at the Roy Teeluck salon for haircuts and they are wayyy expensive. More than I''d ever like to admit I spend on haircuts that nobody ever notices! I always love the cuts i get though. They always look great and grow out nicely. I didn''t even bother to look into them for wedding day hair b/c I know it''d be a small fortune for me and the bridal party.
I know. I used to go to the Oscar Bond Salon and it was rediculous how much money I spent there. Anyway, I did ask when I got engaged how much it would be for them to do my hair and my girls plus travel. They wanted 2k which wasn''t as bad as I thought it would be but still way more than I was willing to pay. The haircuts Stacy gives me grow out just as nice. I can say that now that my hair is short and I''m watching it. DH''s hair has never looked better. The only thing I suggest is that if you like her and decide to make her your regular stylist that you book appointements months in advance. She''s a one woman show so she books up fast and its really hard to reschedule appointments. For example. DH has a rescheduled appointment for this friday at 7:30am. Yikes!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
7:30am! Wow! That''s a good sign of her popularity though!

I''m excited for her to write back so I can book my trial!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 9:46:58 AM
7:30am! Wow! That''s a good sign of her popularity though!

I''m excited for her to write back so I can book my trial!
Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results