shape
carat
color
clarity

HAHA 3 Griddles at one wedding shower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
HAHA So My fiancee just had me come pick up all the gifts from our wedding shower. I''m guessing no one took off the stuff they bought for some reason....we got 3 of the EXACT same griddles and then 3 of the EXACT same mixers and then 2 can openers......haha....everyone swears they took it off when they bought it...but obviously something didn''t work haha...this happen to anyone else?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think we only got one or 2 duplicates, which was fairly amazing given the fact that we were registered for some of the same things (casual china, crystal giftware, stainless flatware and sterling serving pieces) at 3 different stores for geographical reasons.

At least people are buying you stuff off of your registry, so it will be easy to return it/exchange for stuff you haven''t gotten.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I can''t answer your question but I wanted to reply because the title made me laugh. I read it as "...3 GIRDLES at one shower."
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Where did you register? I hear Target is especially notorious for not removing items! At least you can return them! Too funny though! "Oh look... ANOTHER griddle!!!"

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We registered at BB&B and C&B and had no duplicates. How strange! At least you can return them!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The title is funny, guess the good thing is that you can return them. Back in the day when I got married, 20 years ago, I got tons of duplicates. One thing sticks out in my mind, salad bowl sets. Some I could return, the other''s shamefully I re-gifted.
3.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 9:58:00 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Back in the day when I got married, 20 years ago, I got tons of duplicates. One thing sticks out in my mind, salad bowl sets. Some I could return, the other''s shamefully I re-gifted.
3.gif

Too funny you mention this- my SIL registered for a wooden salad bowls and I thought it was a throwback item, if you would.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
we registered at Walmart, BB&B and Kohl''s. We have a wal-mart pretty close to us so we registered for a lot of stuff there because Kohl''s and BB&B are 50+ miles away. I''m not really sure why we''re having such a hard time with Wal-mart. We''re probably going to return them and just hold on to the gift cards until after we get married to see what we get and waht we don''t get or if we ever need to use them to buy groceries or any of the little things we dont'' think about needing right now

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We got 3 toaster ovens and 3 of the same table runners. Both were partly my fault...in both cases someone bought the item off our registry and someone else bought another item that was similar or better. We ended up returning the items on the registry for various reason, so it was listed as "available". I never went in and manual said we had it already! We also got like 3 or 4 cake stands that were no where on our registries!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
My shower hasn''t even happened yet, and I know I am getting two of the same blender from my registry.

A couple of things to note, some chain store computers update registry info immediately, some do it on a set schedule i.e. every hour, every 24 hours. So, if people are out shopping the same day, (which often happens as events near) it is entirely possible that they could have a print out that says you still need a griddle while someone actually bought you one half an hour ago.

I''ve noticed when shopping for others, Walmart is notoriously bad with their registies. I almost never get a cashier who has been trained in how to scan item from a registry. There have been times when I''ve purchased, say, 10 items from someone''s registry and noticed that they only removed 8 of the 10 from the list. It''s really annoying.

However, 3 griddles is even more funny than a couple blenders! You must REALLY like bacon!
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
this is why i''m having a money shower... hehe, just kidding! it''s actually b/c we have NO SPACE at all for more stuff until we are able to get a house, which won''t be for a couple more years due to this inefficient med school thing i''ve got going on
3.gif

we are all thankful for good return policies though!
1.gif

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
How did you go about having a money shower? We live in single wide trailer with 2 kids and the thought of having more things in this house is scary!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 8:18:22 PM
Author: mainemomof2
How did you go about having a money shower? We live in single wide trailer with 2 kids and the thought of having more things in this house is scary!
honestly, I have no idea! When my FMIL''s cousin offered to throw one, they thought we should do a "money shower" b/c of our lack of space right now. I have not seen the invitations, and the shower is not for another couple weeks still. But I''ll have to ask what they did and we''ll see how it turns out. I''ll report back
1.gif

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, definitely shouldn''t be an issue taking them back to the store, but while I was there I would have a ''sit down'' with the coordinator to ask what can be done to avoid this many duplications in the coming months to the wedding! Something must be wrong with the system or the cashiers aren''t scanning the purchases in???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results