shape
carat
color
clarity

Had you ever texted a message to the wrong person ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gossipping about him/her? :oops::lol: or a personal message not meant for the receiving end?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL no never gossiping (I hate gossiping but that's a topic for another day another thread perhaps) but yes to texting the wrong person. I have 2 friends named Peggy and I texted one thinking it was the other haha. She said she knew it was a mistake from the context. Anyway that was the only and hopefully last time I do that.

Oh, but I do have a much worse thing I did once. I face-timed (and I have no clue how to do that nor did I ever do that again) a PSer who I have never met in person while I was working out. Bwahahahaha seriously hysterical and I was quite the sight working out and all. LOL. Yup. I Love Lucy has nothing on me. :oops: :P2

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So...my husband's name is G and I had a business client, also named G.

Last summer I was power washing the back patio, you know how that goes, muddy water splatters everywhere.

In a moment of madness I sent a text to G with wording along the lines of "you wanna see a dirty picture" accompanied by a picture of my knobbly knees inside my muddy wellies. Yes, I sent it to the wrong G. I was absolutely mortified :oops:but fortunately my client saw the funny side.

(My kids have access to mine and my husband's phones, so muddy wellies are as 'durty' as things get :D)

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I once sent a text to my friend which was meant for husband, asking to pick up toilet paper on the way home from work. Oops! Luckily nothing too embarrassing.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't. However, our neighbor who was hamstersitting for us while we were away, sent several texts to someone whose number is similar to mine about some male named Teddy (the hamster) who was buried (in his bedding, but that went unsaid) but still alive. We're both still waiting for the FBI to show up!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have sent texts to the wrong people, and thankfully, nothing of consequence. But my most embarrassing phone call occurred when I was newly pregnant in 1995 & dealing with morning sickness. A call came in to my desk, I picked it up & he said, 'Hi, how are you doing'...I thought it was my DH, his voice sounded nearly the same. I told him I was hanging my head over my trash can & was about to f'ing vomit at any second. He said, 'Oh no, I can call you later...' & at that exact moment, I realized it wasn't DH but one of my favorite clients--we laughed about the incident later. But what a moment that was, I was mortified!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have sent texts to the wrong people, and thankfully, nothing of consequence. But my most embarrassing phone call occurred when I was newly pregnant in 1995 & dealing with morning sickness. A call came in to my desk, I picked it up & he said, 'Hi, how are you doing'...I thought it was my DH, his voice sounded nearly the same. I told him I was hanging my head over my trash can & was about to f'ing vomit at any second. He said, 'Oh no, I can call you later...' & at that exact moment, I realized it wasn't DH but one of my favorite clients--we laughed about the incident later. But what a moment that was, I was mortified!

OMG and LOL. I had a similar experience over the phone. Someone called me and I thought it was someone else and started talking a blue streak about a funny incident and I went on for like 30 seconds before I realized uh oh not talking to who I thought I was talking to...lol. Luckily this person is also a friend and we had a good laugh. Thank goodness for Caller ID these days. The days of not knowing who it is when you pick up the phone are pretty much gone. And that works for me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but I did get a guy that texted me a dirty picture. So I wrote him back and said "wrong number but here is a dirty picture for you" with my hand in dirt LOL! Lame I know.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend sent a dirty text to me instead of her husband! She even had risqué emojis in it! I about died laughing...I texted her back and told her...We could not stop laughing! :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but last week I got the most horrifying miss-text from my husband. He texted "Are you home?". I was still in bed, and he was downstairs. The things that rushed through my head! He's had a stroke, or he went suddenly blind from has cataracts (surgery next month) or some other disaster, because why would he ask if I was home when I hadn't even gotten out of bed for the day yet, and I really don't drive. I was afraid, so afraid. So I immediately text back, "Yes, why?" My heart was racing for the answer because I freeze when really anxious. He replied, "Oh, I didn't mean to send that to you. I meant to send it to A. (our daughter):roll2:

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened DF, did your wife get your girlfriends text? :-o :mrgreen:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, oh my that is too funny, you know they have banned certain suggestive emojis from Facebook and Instagram. Now if those Italian grandmas want to add a cute little emoji to their post about eggplant parm they will have to come up with something else!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, oh my that is too funny, you know they have banned certain suggestive emojis from Facebook and Instagram. Now if those Italian grandmas want to add a cute little emoji to their post about eggplant parm they will have to come up with something else!
Omg @StephanieLynn! That’s hilarious! I think it was an eggplant! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, but last week I got the most horrifying miss-text from my husband. He texted "Are you home?". I was still in bed, and he was downstairs. The things that rushed through my head! He's had a stroke, or he went suddenly blind from has cataracts (surgery next month) or some other disaster, because why would he ask if I was home when I hadn't even gotten out of bed for the day yet, and I really don't drive. I was afraid, so afraid. So I immediately text back, "Yes, why?" My heart was racing for the answer because I freeze when really anxious. He replied, "Oh, I didn't mean to send that to you. I meant to send it to A. (our daughter):roll2:
I’m glad that’s all it was!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lady I don't know texted me the photo below stating she thought (insert two children's names would like this) because she was at a gas station filling up and there was a car rally. These are supposed to be funny clones of the Wiggles (children's entertainers who are really huge in Australia).....

I texted her back and said I think you need to resend this to the correct person but thank you for brightening my day anyway, and she texted back a smiley face.

Another time I got sexual messages from two random strangers as well.

I've also sent a message to the wrong person but luckily that person had a sense of humour.

Attachments

• PART_1565566913273.jpeg
    PART_1565566913273.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 56

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kids live in an apartment together and the one is deploying next week for nearly a year. The other will have to take care of everything and the one leaving is concerned about it. I have 3 text streams on my phone, one to each individually, and one to both. Ugh, responded to the one leaving on the Both stream. It wasn't too awful but still I felt very bad. The one staying is having a bit of a time right now (very unlike him) and we've had to convey disappointment.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry @redwood66 . Your son has the support of this community sending him good thoughts and prayers.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry @redwood66 . Your son has the support of this community sending him good thoughts and prayers.
Thank you. This thread was kinda funny to come up when this happened just a week ago. I can't remember another time I have texted someone in error.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results