shape
carat
color
clarity

Had My Hair Trial!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I had my hair trial earlier today! I was a little put off my the stylist''s personality at first but she was much nicer last time I met her and she finally warmed up and seemed a little friendlier as she worked on my hair. We tried 2 different styles... the first is half up and swept slightly to the side. I''m pretty sure I''m in love with this style and will go with this one. What do y''all think? I was a little worried about the side-sweep thing being too "80s".

FINALHAIR1.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
The second one is just gathered in the back. The curls would be a lot smaller and would be curlier on top and in front also instead of more straight like it is. We ran out of time on this last one though...

MAYBEHAIR1.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And this is the front of the 1st one... the top would be a little curlier as opposed to looking straight like it is now.

PLEASE ignore the lack of makeup!

FRONTFINAL.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
They both look good...it would depend on if you want it up or down, but honestly, both look great. Don''t worry about the sideswept thing...it''s coming back. Even for formal wear.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful; I would love to see your gown and veil; that would help let you know what we think is best! You will be a beautiful bride!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Here''s my dress... I''m really liking the half-up do. I think my face looks too chubby with all of my hair back
face1.gif

dresssss.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Noo, you don''t look 80''s at all! So pretty!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Tacori''s hair is really pretty and similar! I had an inspiration picture... I think it was someone from pricescope. Here''s it is:

hairmaybe323983728942.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not 80''s. But you have a bit of a baby face and the ringlet curls do make you look very young I think. I get the desire for a romantic hair style (I want one!) but I almost want to see you in something sleeker and a little more sophisticated. *ducks* -- don''t kill me. I would be helpful to see the full updo from the front on you if you have a pic.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the half up-do; the pics of the back are really beautiful!

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
I love the half-up! I wore mine just like this. It looks beautiful on you
1.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I love it half up as well. I think that would be a great compliment to the sweetheart neckline of your dress!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 8:17:16 PM
Author: Gypsy
Not 80''s. But you have a bit of a baby face and the ringlet curls do make you look very young I think. I get the desire for a romantic hair style (I want one!) but I almost want to see you in something sleeker and a little more sophisticated. *ducks* -- don''t kill me. I would be helpful to see the full updo from the front on you if you have a pic.

i second gypsy''s post. although if that is the look you are going for then go for it!

i''d like to see the updo from the front as well to make a better assessment. but a nice sleek updo would look fab with your gorgeous dress.

what about something like what america ferrera had at last year''s emmy awards? it still has that romantic look but is also sophisticated.

0000042955_20070916155011.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
here are some more pics of her hair for better view of different angles

america_ferrera_hair.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the updo from the front... I really feel like it does my face no favors.

hairfront132hjh4.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s because the updo has NO (and I mean NO) height. The half up has SOME height-- although I''m afraid it will fall after a while unless its been well teased. I gotta tell ya, you are a lovely and beautiful girl. But I''m thinking something with more height in top, from the front.

If you''r going to half up... like this, IMO. Will be better. And less ''girly'' too.

HAIR-softlypulledback7028.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this one. It has the side swept, but nice height as well. (I LOVE what ringster posted. Sophisticated and has nice height).

JoePhoto3GYP.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ringster and Gypsy! I think I'll stick with the half-up but do the front a little more like the pics ya'll posted... a little more height and side sweep. I think I'm just really afraid of too much height... my friend got married in March and she almost looked like a conehead because of her hair. I'll make sure my stylist doesn't go too drastic. Thanks for the honest opinions!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Conehead is bad. Reasonable height is good.

I hope you weren''t hurt by the honesty. Its just that it''s such an important day, and I know all the effort you are putting into it. And I don''t want to see you look at the pics afterward and not like what you see... to the extent that can be avoided.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 4:13:45 AM
Author: Gypsy
Conehead is bad. Reasonable height is good.

I hope you weren''t hurt by the honesty. Its just that it''s such an important day, and I know all the effort you are putting into it. And I don''t want to see you look at the pics afterward and not like what you see... to the extent that can be avoided.
Not at all... I appreciate it! I definitely wanted some other opinions so I''m glad I asked!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 1:15:25 AM
Author: oobiecoo
Here''s the updo from the front... I really feel like it does my face no favors.

it seems like the updo and the half up and half down have the same style in the front.

i think it needs a little more height. it seems to be the polar opposite to the conehead effect that you do not want (totally know what you mean!). i would suggest that you not go to the extreme but find a middle ground. some height would do wonders :).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your hair in that first photo that you posted. It''s beautiful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 7:26:53 PM
Author: Skippy123
I like it half up. Did you see Tacori's wedding pictures? I loved her hair; your reminds me of hers. here is a link to her pics https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-pro-pics.53746/

How funny Skippy! I thought it looked similar to mine as well! I like the half up but I am bias. CurlyGirl's hair (your inspiration) was beautiful.

ETA: okay I went back to look through my own wedding thread b/c it has been so long and how weird to see the pics with my DD as my AV. Doesn't seem that long ago!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
oobie, I love love love your hair in that up do! But...you are right that it's lacking, but not the style, just one aspect, it needs more oomph in the back of your head, like others have said. A few of the other photos people have posted give a good example of this (ringster and gyspy). Yes, as is, it's too flat, which probably is making you see the roundness of your face. But with a little more height in the back, your eye will be drawn up and it will look more in proportion to your face, you know? From the side shots, that updo looks fantastic on you and the pin just makes it totally classic. I'd try a re do and ask for more height on the back and see if that works better for you.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am kind of feeling the updo as well to be honest. I think the half-up/half-down is pretty, but the updo would be pretty or any of the other ones posted.
1.gif
I don''t think it makes your face look chubby!
38.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi oobie,

I personally don''t care for the updo, but a little height on top could make a big difference.

I like the half updo the best so far, but it too could use a little umph in the front!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results