shape
carat
color
clarity

Had my first panic attack last night

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Done:
Venue, ceremony and reception.
My Dress
BM Dresses
Music/Entertainment
Cake
Photography
Hair/Makeup

NOT done (please try not to gasp in horror, some of these are big):
Book officiant (!!!!)
Book honeymoon (!!!!)
Book Florist (!!!!)
Favors,
all the little things
etc
etc
etc
i''m sure i''m missing...everything

So, 2 and 1/2 months to do. I can do it, right??? right???

Anyone else wanna share where they are in their planning? Or will that just stress me out cuz from what I gather from reading these threads, you guys are way more on top of it than I am.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh I''d freak out too!!!!! You better get to work missy!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
23.gif

Oh wow cakeny...You do have a lot but I think if you maybe finish one or two of those things every week and not stress to much you''ll be fine. I would prioritize what you have left...get the most important thing done first, then go from there.

I''m sure you''ll get everything taken care of...maybe enlist the help of the BM''s and it''ll get done.
31.gif

Just breathe
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Get. The. Officiant.

No use having a wedding if you don''t end up married, right?

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
It''s doable. Like others have said, just keep plugging at it and get a few things done each week. Is there any way you and your FI would be ok with holding off on the honeymoon until a few weeks or months after the wedding? That way, you wouldn''t really have to think (worry!) about planning it beforehand. Booking a cruise would take care of a lot of the honeymoon planning stress since it''ll be an all-in-one kind of vacation. Good luck - and stay relaxed, but not too relaxed!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s definitely doable-firstly get your officiant sorted. That''s number one on that list and the only one that really matters. If you have to, you can go to a local florist and get some flowers to make into a bouquet and it''s possible to book a honeymoon over the internet in an evening. Favours etc aren''t hugely important and if they have to be forgoed, there''s no huge problem there. I''d book the officiant asap and then see what else you can get done.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
oh totally, i know the officiant is my #1 priority right now.

I actually HAD an officiant! He backed out 2 weeks ago (long story) so i''m now back to square one.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s a huge bummer that your officiant backed out like that! I''m sure you''ll find another one, and everything else on that list is completely do-able. And, as the other girls said, if it doesn''t get done you''ll still be married
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I agree, #1 priority = officiant, then florist, then favors and little things, then honeymoon. Make sense? Try to relax, stressing about it isn''t going to make it happen. Panic attacks suck, I speak from experience.
14.gif
So just get rolling and don''t look back, you can do it!
1.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
You can definetly do it!!! Book you florist and officiant first. You can figure out favors in a couple of weeks, and order place cards etc... within 2-3 weeks.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Update!

I have an officiant!

I had an epiphany at work. I thought - I''ll just ask one of my best friends to get ordained online and have him perform the ceremony! The original officiant who backed out was a friend of FI who had gotten ordained in the past for someone else''s wedding and offered to do ours, so why the hell it took me so long to realize i had that option, I dunno. Anyway, it''s perfect. He''s one of my closest friends who I really wanted involved in my wedding somehow in a significant way (I had decided early on not to have man-maids). He also has the same religious background as me so he would be very comfortable including some of those elements into the ceremony. And he''s very eloquent and has a great speaking voice! he was standing right under my nose the whole time :)

Anyway, I asked, he accepted, I cried, it was great.

Also, I am fairly close to signing a florist. I had made some progress on choosing a florist already a couple of months ago but hadn''t "officially" booked anything yet... But I do have a soft hold so that, too, will soon be coming off the To Do list!

I''m starting to feel a *bit* better. Thanks for getting my butt into gear ladies!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Cake that''s great news! So as long as your state allows and it the florist is all set you''re done with the two big things!!
36.gif
36.gif
Yaaay, you''re almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results