shape
carat
color
clarity

Had a fun visit to a local B&M jeweler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Today hubby and I were running errands and had about a half hour to kill. There is a jeweler I had not been into and since we were together hubby went with me. This particular jeweler does most of their own casting and lots of custom work and they had some gorgeous pieces. We also chatted about sapphires and alloys and heirlooms. Yes, all in 30 minutes. It was brief, but very fun, and the sales person did not bat an eye when I asked PS type questions. She was all smiles and very helpful. So, okay, for our 20th anniversary (2 1/2 years) I''m going to have a custom setting made for my diamond. That will give me a ton of time to research and do a bunch of design gathering. My husband was even psyched! Of course, it''s going to be several years, so maybe he was just excited to get out of there without any prospect of my buying something soon. That was THE MOST FUN I have had at a B&M jewelers in sooooooo long. She said to stop by again any time and they would be happy to answer any more questions or let me look. There was no pressure, just pleasure. Very fun! Next time I need a rhodium dip I''m going to them to give them a "try" and also if I need to update any appraisals for insurance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love to hear these kind of stories lumpkin!!! How fun!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl
Ask if they set stones from elsewhere.
A local that is/has a good benchman that accepts outside stones is worth its weight in gold.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lumpkin, sounds great! you may have found a gold mine.

There is a newer jeweler here in town that I''m going to try in the next few weeks. I''m hoping against hope they are knowledgable and do good work. My ring needs dipped. (not impressed with Vatche WG needing it after 1 year vs. maybe once in 25 with my other)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome, do they have a website? I love non-pressure sales tactics.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh... how exciting for you!!! What design are you thinking about?

I''m glad you had such a good experience!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh what fun!!! I love feel good story''s like that
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I did find their website. Here is the link: http://mybigrock.com/

I am thinking of white gold, something antique/vintage inspired with sapphire and diamond accents. It''s definitely a few years down the road, though. I just had so much fun looking and I kinda think part of the thrill is in the chase! I''m so bad. I only want one ring for every day of the week, is that so much to ask????
38.gif

The woman who helped me is the operations manager, and I did not know that at the time I was talking with her. She had a really gorgeous oval diamond ring that just blew me away. I''m not really that into ovals, but hers was truly amazing.

One thing that really encouraged me was that there were many settings that would be wonderful with a diamond about the size of mine. Even though I know through experience that I''m really not comfortable wearing a large diamond, there is a part of me that really would like to wear one. It''s such an internal conflict. But the settings there would certainly flatter my diamond to its best advantage, allowing me to have the wow factor I''d like to have (for myself) without the over the top, spent our entire family''s life savings on a diamond look that makes me uncomfortable. KWIM? If you don''t that''s okay, I''m obviously torturing myself, and for some bizarre reason I seem to enjoy that! At least with diamonds.
41.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, their website has some gorgeous rings!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 7:42:35 PM
Author:lumpkin
Today hubby and I were running errands and had about a half hour to kill. There is a jeweler I had not been into and since we were together hubby went with me. This particular jeweler does most of their own casting and lots of custom work and they had some gorgeous pieces. We also chatted about sapphires and alloys and heirlooms. Yes, all in 30 minutes. It was brief, but very fun, and the sales person did not bat an eye when I asked PS type questions. She was all smiles and very helpful. So, okay, for our 20th anniversary (2 1/2 years) I''m going to have a custom setting made for my diamond. That will give me a ton of time to research and do a bunch of design gathering. My husband was even psyched! Of course, it''s going to be several years, so maybe he was just excited to get out of there without any prospect of my buying something soon. That was THE MOST FUN I have had at a B&M jewelers in sooooooo long. She said to stop by again any time and they would be happy to answer any more questions or let me look. There was no pressure, just pleasure. Very fun! Next time I need a rhodium dip I''m going to them to give them a ''try'' and also if I need to update any appraisals for insurance.
that''s funny lumpkin because I did the SAME thing yesterday!! I had zero kids and did some shopping then hung out in this jewelry store for about an hour... mostly talking to the mgr and saleslady... they knew I wasn''t buying but we just kept talking about cut and types... I don''t know which of us was more amazed that the other knew what an asscher was LOL (the sales lady had never heard of one, nor knew anything about cushions) but the mgr did and I was so impressed. She had this really cool ring that was half yellow gold and half white gold and it needed to be replated on the white side really bad but it just confirmed to me that unplated white gold is *exactly* the color I want and it is just so beautiful to me. I also saw a gorgeous oval aquamarine ring that had the sides in half bezels with a bowl/trough that went directly under the stone and I of course loved that!!! It wasn''t much... well under 400 which is more than I can spend right now but totally reasonable for someday... I was so pleased that they were honest when they didn''t know something and appreciative (without suspicious) that I knew things... in fact she said it was awesome to talk to someone who knew diamonds and yet wasn''t being snobby about it LOL I was thinking the same thing! I didn''t even think about going there for repairs etc. but now that you mention it I''m going to have to consider that! Maybe I''ll pop in again next week and let them clean my earrings... haha... I better run them through the ultrasonic first so I don''t gross them out ROFL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results