shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A: Different cutter - different price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I've been looking on the prices of different H&A stones and found out interesting thing. A dealer lists quite similar H&A stones with the big difference in price.For example two H&A AGS0 grades:
1.12-G-VS1-60.8%-55%-GIA-$7444 (sarin report)
1.13-G-VS1-60.8%-56%-AGS-$8000
i.e. more than $400 per carat difference.Further checking shown that these stones are from different cutters. So why is the difference? One cutter less expencive than another or AGS report cost more?leonid

Diamond Lover

Rough_Rock
Hi Jan,I've been traveling and soon to leave again...I pop in when I can.Maybe it's a combination of different cutters and slightly higher prices for the AGS report. Nothing's ever simple, afterall.
smile.gif
DL

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And, it could be that one cutter is just more expensive.Look at all the branded H & A diamonds, and these suppliers are not the same price, but offer basicly the same product, perks, and even lab reports. Some brands have had even the same cutters doing their cutting (so I've been told).Just another 2 cents..........------------------

Jan

Rough_Rock
I'm now invisibleJan------------------

Diamond Lover

Rough_Rock
Leonid,It was my experience in my diamond search that AGS stones were more expensive than GIA..for equivalent size and quality stones. Could that be the reason?Diamond Lover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results