shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy''s setting design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

66B18.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are such a sweetheart DS!

Beautiful ring. Stunning honestly. Maytal could knock that out in a heartbeat I''m thinking.

Hmm...

Do you mind if I threadjack and post my ideas for the setting... that hopefully I will soon find the right designer for?

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
DS - Ooh, absolutely gorgeous.

Gypsy, yes please, post your ideas, can''t wait to see what you have in mind.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make said that pave has to be three or more rows of diamonds... and that this isn't a pave halo but a beadset halo with very small diamonds...

Whatever it's called I want a halo like this one only with cut corners... very small diamonds... no edge, or milgrain visible from the top... but also no scallopy bead set look. I love the contrast of it with the rounded plain band... and would want a 2 mm band.

Tacori%20Top.jpg

I love te side view of the halo itself... but would sacfice that second row of diamonds on the outside it I had to. However I don't like the cagework connecting the halo to the shank and it's too high, looks awkward to me.

2502PR6_alt.jpg

Instead of the cagework I would like the wires to look very fluid and interwoven...and with little diamonds inset like:

the Lockes solitare:

surprise_diamond.jpg

The MWM Flame

mwm%20flame.jpg

Vatche Royal Crown

Side%20Profile.jpg

Or Irina's lovely setting:
GamaPl.jpg

While I would like my future wedding band to sit fairly flush against this setting, under the halo, I realize this may not be possible.

I would like for this setting to maximize the cut corners of my very (unfortunately) square asscher.

The overall look I want is fluid: a setting with the grace of a classic solitare, but with the advantages of a frame/ halo around my diamond to maximize its size and cut corner shape.

AND I want dainty double claw prongs. Like these by Leon Mage.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon prongs in halos didn''t load... one more try...

Leon DbClawPrngs.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

I just wanted to say how beautiful all of your ideas are. I''m sorry it didn''t work out with MWM but I''m sure you''ll end up with a gorgeous setting. I can''t wait to see the finished product (and the overall process, if you''d like to share). Have fun!
26.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Gypsy, I''m going to love your ring because I love all your ideas.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking at this new round of inspiration pix ... I keep wondering if a plain metal bezel INSIDE the halo between the bead set pave diamonds, outlining your asscher & perhaps on the outermost layer emphasising the cut corners "more" might be a cool way to plump up the Asschery goodness (clean bold metal) before the pave halo draws the eye outward. I think you''d have to bezel to do this (no claw prongs). That''s what my mind''s eye likes anyway.

Whatever you end up with is gonna be stunning I''m sure!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww.. you are all so nice. I think it''s going to be a little while before I pick a designer.. I have some thinking to do about that. But the ideas are there! And I''m so glad you like them.

I know this is design is a complete 180 from so many of the looks (like that gorgeous Beaudry DS posted!) I''ve favored in the past... but all these AMAZING solitares have really made an impression on me. Since I scrapped all my old ideas for a fresh start... I started noticing all the amazing solitares, and REALLY want one. Except I also want the size maximization of a halo. Then I tried on the Tacori and a few weeks later I couldn''t get it out of my mind... except for the cage work and how high it''s set. Next thing I know... the wheels are turning... then Anna''s beautiful yellow gold halo''s underside clicked something into place. And here I am.

Deco... I totally considered the prong vs bezel... I was in walnut creek and poked around at some asschers... And one store I was able to see two royal asschers, one prong set and one bezel set... and the prong set one really looked brighter. And when I talked to Mark... who I do trust, he felt that prongs would maximize the light return. So I''m going to go with that, I think. But I love your idea, and I agree that it would maximize the asscher. My aunts princess is bezel set like that and it looks HUGE compared to mine... even though they arre both 6 x 6.

Thank you guys for the support.

And um... if anyone is inspired by this at all... let me know, I''d love to see your rings!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I wondered what you thought of the Tiffany Legacy. The halo is beautiful and there is a lot of "light" under the head. I love the arches from the side view. Just another idea for you
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Gypsy! I''m glad you found the thread! I think you have some great ideas! It is going to be exciting to see how your project unfolds! I thought it would be fun to just have a thread where you could throw out ideas and show pictures. I think these threads always are interesting to those who are searching for settings. It is SO hard to decide...and I should know! Lol!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 7:21:47 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Hey, Gypsy! I''m glad you found the thread! I think you have some great ideas! It is going to be exciting to see how your project unfolds! I thought it would be fun to just have a thread where you could throw out ideas and show pictures. I think these threads always are interesting to those who are searching for settings. It is SO hard to decide...and I should know! Lol!
I really really love the ring you posted here DS - I love the double rows of milgrain especially!

One of the things I plan to do if I ever have a halo ring made or a halo pendant for that matter... is to repeat the bevel set diamond look for those as well... I really love how they look for a halo as well. You get sparkle from the top in a thinner halo, sparkle from the side, but of course the best sparkle is at an angle so that even if you''re not looking dead on, or directly from the side (rare), you''re getting that wonderful sparkle! I think two sided pave do a pretty good job, especially if you really want the halo to face directly up, but if you tilt it on its side you get more rounded sparkle I think... anyway - one of the main people (ritani??) does a ring like this but I don''t think I''ve seen it for a while and I cannot recall who made it or where to locate it... and I don''t think it was set fully on 45* angle, but it was still nice... maybe someone knows what I''m thinking of and will post a picture :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I blind? I don''t see a double row of millgrain
33.gif
. I do love the Beaudry though!

Thank you DS for the thread, it was a VERY thoughtful thing to do. And I really appreciate it.

I''m actually having a difficult day at work so this gave me something to check... and some time to BREATHE something other than work.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 1:02:00 PM
Author: Gypsy
Am I blind? I don''t see a double row of millgrain
33.gif
. I do love the Beaudry though!

Thank you DS for the thread, it was a VERY thoughtful thing to do. And I really appreciate it.

I''m actually having a difficult day at work so this gave me something to check... and some time to BREATHE something other than work.
I think you might be LOL Its seen from the side, not the top... anyway... ((((gypsy))))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh. YEAH. I see it now.

*shakes head*... I''m just not that observant. *drops head in shame*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results