shape
carat
color
clarity

Gutted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nsl

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I want to propose to my girlfriend next year and have a few ideas on how to propose.

Initially, I thought about proposing to her in the mountains whilst we are away skiing. Skiing is a very big hobby for us both, but I didn''t think it would be romantic enough so I dismissed that idea.

In the end I decided to take her away for her birthday as a surprise to Venice and have a romantic weekend with her and propose to her on a Gondola.

Now I am having second thoughts. We were talking tonight and got on the subject of proposals and she said she wouldn''t like being proposed to in a place like Paris as everyone does that and she wants it to be a total surprise. If I whisked her away for her birthday, even though I have done it before in the past, she will still have a feeling that I may propose. Trying to get her feelings on the subject I said that it is nice to be proposed to in a romantic place, you wouldn''t want someone to propose on a skiing holiday for example and she replied "I think that would be a nice idea".

So now I dont know what the hell to do. I have already bought tickets for Venice in advance, but I could just take her there for her birthday instead, but now I can''t even ask her on the mountains because it has already been mentioned and I dont want her to think that I didn''t think of it myself.

Should I try and come up with a new idea ?

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Why don't you propose before you go to Venice? she won't be expecting it at home, thinking you're going to whisk her off somewhere to do it. I don't know anything about your schedule or the things you guys normally do together, but the day before you leave do something romantic... Hey, wait, it's her birthday! Very cool idea - if she would like something 'public' you could get your friends involved and stage a mock-wedding. This would be elaborate but really cool. Assign all your friends a wedding role, maid of honor, best man, bridal party etc; either when you walk up to join everyone, holding her hand, they stand to either side to form an aisle, walk her through the aisle and go down on one knee in front of the best man, facing her, and the best man can say "we are gathered here to day to witness the marriage proposal of (groom), who wishes to spend eternity with the love of his life, (bride)..." after a brief introduction you could give your speech to her. If she would like a proposal with family and friends around, this would be really, really special. She'd be surprised because she'd be thinking it's a birthday dinner for her, but it's actually a proposal/engagement party. After she says yes, you could celebrate with all your friends over dinner (your 'reception') and then with dessert you could get the waiter to bring her venice tickets. She'd be floored. I'd be floored! wow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results