shape
carat
color
clarity

Guesses on our new fur-baby's heritage?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We recently added a new member "Noah" to our family, and we found him on Craigslist. We were told that he was a maltipoo (Maltese-poodle) and hypoallergenic. Well, about 2 weeks after coming to live with us, he started shedding like crazy (May be separation anxiety? we went on a trip and my mom dog sat).

We took him to the vet, and she said he was perfectly healthy and was probably just shedding puppy fur, and she said that he was likely not a maltipoo at all. Well, he is now 14 weeks (too young to be shedding puppy fuzz) and no adult fur/hair growing in, still checks out healthy and happy at every appointment, but now he is looking like a short hair breed (no bald spots), and very long like a dachshund. Any guesses on his breed or mix? posting a pic of him when he was a baby, and now a toddler. Noah2.jpg noah1.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe he has cocker spaniel in him? Maybe mom or dad was a cockapoo? Lol.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a golden retriever puppy face in him!

Damn he's gorgeous and making me puppy clucky!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of looks like a Cavachon (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bichon). I have two and they are sweet dogs. Your puppy is adorable!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Maybe he has cocker spaniel in him? Maybe mom or dad was a cockapoo? Lol.

I have heard people tell me he looks like a cocker spaniel.

I see a golden retriever puppy face in him!

Damn he's gorgeous and making me puppy clucky!

Lots of people have said he looks like a mini golden retriever too.

Kind of looks like a Cavachon (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bichon). I have two and they are sweet dogs. Your puppy is adorable!

Will have to look up Cavachon pictures!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does his tail stay straight or curve up and meet his back? One of mine has the straight and one has the curled.

IMG_8676.jpg IMG_8677.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Does his tail stay straight or curve up and meet his back? One of mine has the straight and one has the curled.

IMG_8676.jpg IMG_8677.jpg

Your puppies are so adorable! Noah's tail is straight, and pretty hairless and long right now. He looked a lot like your second puppy when we first got him, short straight tail. One thing I noticed is that bichons, poodles, maltese have furry muzzles, notice how he has a muzzle like a seal pup? lots of big pores and whiskers!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Even now that I look at the 2 pictures I posted of Noah, he looks like a different puppy! Maybe they did a puppy switcheroo at the vet (when they take them to the back for shots)!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely see cocker spaniel in him. We have a cockapoo, and the ears/face shape are very similar. I'm thinking maybe long-haired chihuahua + cocker spaniel? Or one parent was a cockapoo and another was a terrier mix?

These pics (google image search: chihuahua cocker spaniel) look a lot like your little guy--not all but some do! Either way he's adorable!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom, I wish those were mine but sadly no they are just pics I found online!

How big are his paws? I feel like in the first picture they are small but in the second looks like they could be bigger. You could always have him DNA tested! I have never done it but then you would have an idea maybe?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs might be spot on here, looking at the pics of the Cocker/Chi crosses, Noah looks a lot like them. Love the name btw!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I definitely see cocker spaniel in him. We have a cockapoo, and the ears/face shape are very similar. I'm thinking maybe long-haired chihuahua + cocker spaniel? Or one parent was a cockapoo and another was a terrier mix?

These pics (google image search: chihuahua cocker spaniel) look a lot like your little guy--not all but some do! Either way he's adorable!

Wow, I do see a strong resemblance between Noah and the cocker spaniel/ chihuahua mixes! Some are almost spot on. I’m tempted to do the DNA test, but at $90+ It’ll cost more than my own DNA test! My husband said it doesn’t matter, he’s a cutie and we are so in love and so far no one is allergic to his hair....the only reaction was to his saliva when he licked my daughter on her face and she got hives!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs might be spot on here, looking at the pics of the Cocker/Chi crosses, Noah looks a lot like them. Love the name btw!

Thanks, Noah means comfort. Hoping he will be my daughter’s comfort, to see her through difficult teenage angst years....

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea what mix but he’s such a wee cutie!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweetie :kiss2: That face, that body and his gorgeous hair. I don't know the breed but he is 100% freaking adorable that is for sure. Congratulations on your beautiful new family member Noah. :love::love::love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww:love::love::love: Adorable! You may want to look at allergy shots to help your daughter become somewhat immune (they don't work for everyone unfortunately) I have a shorthaired pup who can aggrevate my allergies when she blows her coat twice a year. But I wouldn't trade her for the world.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@jaysonsmom, I wish those were mine but sadly no they are just pics I found online!

How big are his paws? I feel like in the first picture they are small but in the second looks like they could be bigger. You could always have him DNA tested! I have never done it but then you would have an idea maybe?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
image.jpeg Noah's paws are quite small, I don't think he will get very big. Dachshund or Chihuahua are likely in his DNA, this is a picture I took of him this morning. He is getting lean and muscular, with a body almost like a beagle.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is the cutest little thing :kiss2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg Noah's paws are quite small, I don't think he will get very big. Dachshund or Chihuahua are likely in his DNA, this is a picture I took of him this morning. He is getting lean and muscular, with a body almost like a beagle.
Noah you are so CUTE! Ahh... I want to snuggle your sweet face! I’m really not seeing any Cavalier in the mix as someone else suggested. Love him to bits!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Noah you are so CUTE! Ahh... I want to snuggle your sweet face! I’m really not seeing any Cavalier in the mix as someone else suggested. Love him to bits!

@Bonfire, is your fur baby (in profile pic) a Cavalier? She/he is precious! Noah did have a rounder forehead like a cavalier when he was younger, but seems less pronounce now.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire, is your fur baby (in profile pic) a Cavalier? She/he is precious! Noah did have a rounder forehead like a cavalier when he was younger, but seems less pronounce now.
Thank you. Yes, Baron is our 12 year old Cavalier King Charles.
Baron says hello to Noah! :wavey::roll2:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HE IS ADORABLE!! I love him!
Have you considered a DNA test? I have no idea how accurate they are, but they are pretty popular with all my mutt-rescue friends!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
100% adorable!
I have no idea about the breed background. Are you considering the testing? My SIL did it for two dogs. The first, done with one of the earlier versions of the testing, turned out not to have any of the breed she suspected. The second, done maybe a year ago, was exactly what she thought.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He looks like spaniel or golden to me.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
9F956CBB-072C-418F-BA57-482309747598.jpeg 0040B035-2F9B-4C1B-AC48-A346781CCDEB.jpeg Posting pictures of my now 1 year old Noah. We’re still guessing his mix, but most people who see him call him a mini golden retriever. And our groomer thinks he is a cocker spaniel mix. He is super smart and can even say “I love you!” I wish I could post videos!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F956CBB-072C-418F-BA57-482309747598.jpeg 0040B035-2F9B-4C1B-AC48-A346781CCDEB.jpeg Posting pictures of my now 1 year old Noah. We’re still guessing his mix, but most people who see him call him a mini golden retriever. And our groomer thinks he is a cocker spaniel mix. He is super smart and can even say “I love you!” I wish I could post videos!

Noah is gorgeous. You can post videos several ways. One, you can post on IG and then share here. Or two make an anonymous youtube account (or vimeo or maybe there is another option as well) and then link that video here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results