shape
carat
color
clarity

Grrr ... I hate living outside/in rural America - nobody carries designer rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michela002

Shiny_Rock
GRRRR. Just venting here.

Does it bug anyone else to live outside the United States? (Or to live in areas of the US with few jewelry stores stocking designer rings?)

I live in Australia and when I see a ring I like online nobody in this country stocks it, so I can''t try it on to see if I like the ring on my hand. Which means when I finally get my e-ring, I won''t have seen it on me, or in person, until it has been bought and paid for and there''s no going back ...

39.gif

What if I get it, and I don''t like it on me, but I don''t know that cos I couldn''t try it on?
6.gif

Just sulking ...

Does that bother anyone else?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I feel for ya Indecisive. I live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area so I definitely don''t have that problem but I can see how frustrating it would be. The only advice that I can think to offer is to make sure you or your future FI purchases a setting with a decent return policy. Then you can try it on before you have the diamond set and if you don''t like it, you can send it right back and try another one.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Have a silver model made. If it is going to be cast a model has to be made anyway.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indecisive:

Why don''t you hunt up Plantnimsmith, or Gary H. They are both nearby. I am sure between the two of them that they can really set you up with something unique that you like.

Perry

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see that ring that Platinum Smith made for Jade Leaves????? They don''t get much better than that!!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all!!

My ring will be bought in the US by my boyfriend who lives in California (long distance r/ship) so I would feel far too using of people to make jewellers do much here besides pull an existing ring out of a case, let me try it on and decide whether I like it or not. I''m not quite up to the whole getting anything cast etc - still trying to decide not only between styles, but within styles! (There''s a reason why I''m Indecisive ...)

Oh Jade I saw pics of your ring, my god it was beautiful!! I refuse to believe you do anything but stare at your hand 24-7.
2.gif

Thanks everyone. I''m really just being a brat.
11.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
What?! There are heaps of places in Australia that sell beautiful jewellery! Even after looking at a multitude of rings on the internet, I chose a ring by an Australian designer instead of a copy of a ring found on the net.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
There are, but I think indecisive has a more American taste (there is a big difference) and she has been spoilt with very good American designers on Pricescope

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Sparkster - oh my god I so agree, in fact I tend to get sidetracked walking to and from work via jewelry stores all the time! I was just venting at the fact that when I find a style I like from an American jeweler I can''t look at it in person. And since my boyf can''t look at what I like in an Australian jewelry store ... stupid long distance.

Platinumsmith - Yes I believe "spoiled" might (unfortunately) be an excellent adjective to describe me.
15.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2005 6:45
6.gif
2 PM
Author: Indecisive
Sparkster - oh my god I so agree, in fact I tend to get sidetracked walking to and from work via jewelry stores all the time! I was just venting at the fact that when I find a style I like from an American jeweler I can''t look at it in person. And since my boyf can''t look at what I like in an Australian jewelry store ... stupid long distance.

Platinumsmith - Yes I believe ''spoiled'' might (unfortunately) be an excellent adjective to describe me.
15.gif
I always get sidetracked as well. I work in the Melbourne CBD and whenever I go out at lunch time, I spend waaaaayyy to much time looking in the windows of Charles Rose, Kozminsky and Hardy Bros. I''m sure the sales assistants get sick of the sight of my face peering in - they must think ''not her again!"
19.gif

I would love to go in there and be able to say ''I''ll take one of these, and one of these and ......''

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2005 6:59:31 PM
Author: Sparkster

I always get sidetracked as well. I work in the Melbourne CBD and whenever I go out at lunch time, I spend waaaaayyy to much time looking in the windows of Charles Rose, Kozminsky and Hardy Bros. I''m sure the sales assistants get sick of the sight of my face peering in - they must think ''not her again!''
19.gif

I would love to go in there and be able to say ''I''ll take one of these, and one of these and ......''
Sparkster - hmm, I ashamedly admit I''ll go in and try on the same thing six times. (Being very careful, of course, to peer in and see if its the same salesperson as last time, and if so, waiting till I can get another salesperson so they don''t go "weren''t you in here earlier?") Lol.

Ah, to have the money to go, "One of those please! And six of those ..."

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock

rms

Brilliant_Rock
in your case the custom route does sound like a good idea. Also, have you asked some of the local places if maybe they could get samples of the rings you like? Even if they don''t carry the designer line your interested in, maybe they have some connections with other jewelers who do? Doesn''t hurt to ask. Else, don''t you have to make a trip to see your BF?
2.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2005 1
6.gif
2:41 AM
Author: rms
Else, don''t you have to make a trip to see your BF?
2.gif

Got it in one Rita.

I find decisions are easier to make when your in the position to

make them. I don''t think any of your time has been wasted. We look forward to hearing the good news!
23.gif
10.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2005 1
6.gif
2:41 AM
Author: rms
Else, don''t you have to make a trip to see your BF?
2.gif
I do - at the end of June (
9.gif
)!!!!
1.gif
21.gif
9.gif

I was hoping to have made my decision, picked the setting and stone, and have had him get it by then so I''d get it by then ...

Lol! Maybe it won''t be then, but considering it was going to be last December till I said nah don''t stress we can wait, it''s possible it might be this trip. We''ll have been talking about it for more than a year by then.

I went last Dec and did try on some of the stuff I couldn''t try on here, but I was focussed in a different direction then ... Figures!!!!!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Well, at least you know you have a good platinumsmith right in your backyard. I don't and it irks me to no end! Then again, I rather get whitegold instead to get that bigger stone!
face4.gif

I thought I'd found a good local store thats also convenient to get to for custom stuff but have been (very) disappointed by them, so I'm left with having to trial one that I've been to before (but only for a re-sizing) and another that is recommended by an acquaintance.
face15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results