shape
carat
color
clarity

Grow your own diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Heh, I read your post title and thought the article would be about something like the Apollo diamond (http://www.apollodiamond.com/ -> jewelry -> overview).

It''s probably only news because the store is making noise about it. I''m sure a number of jewelers do this but they just don''t agressively push it as a feature.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
around here we just call them upgrade policies...and many people use them!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash and GOG have the same policy. Thanks.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
Funny... I thought this would be an article on lab grown diamonds... I guess I don''t understand why this is news. Isn''t this very common policy with most jewelry stores?? Upgrade for something at least 40 or 50 percent more .. I thought this was extremely common?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, thats called an ugrade! Grow you diamond sounds really misleading.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/12/2007 12:13:01 PM
Author: asscherisme
Hmm, thats called an ugrade! Grow you diamond sounds really misleading.
Hmmm, I think it is just brilliant marketing. It will make people ask what is it about, then if they like the concept they may do business with the guy.

Many of us have trade up policies, just not ones that grab the imagination as well. In sales that would be called selling the sizzle. We all have steak, but how many of us sell the sizzle. Sometimes it takes selling the sizzle to let people know that you have the steak.

It can also be called preeminence. For example. Many years ago there was a beer company (sadly, I forget which one at this moment, sigh) that was on the edge of one of the great lakes. They grabbed up their water from a deep well, filtered it a bunch of times, yada yada, the same thing that all of the beer companies do. They made a big deal about it, grabbed a huge market share and every one else that jumped up and down saying "Hey, we do that too," were considered to be Johnny come lately''s. The beer company had become the "preeminant" water filterer and had a distict marketing advantage for making a big advertising deal out of what every one was already doing.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results